Update from the Homecoming Team (April 26th): Excelsior!

Jimmy

It's not that it's harder to buy into, it's just common for people to approach magic from the standpoint of 'it doesn't obey any rules so it does everything'. If you get your sci-fi wrong, people can poke at it. If you get your magic wrong, no one can really poke.

It's the origin that most easily explains any power combinations. No science or tech or genetics requiring a backstory or explainations, just one word: Magic. Done. Easy. Or at least that's my theory.

I made an 'Angel' like character with the natural origin and I don't think an angel would need a heavy handed backstory to explain their abilities.

I think magick can explain a lot more than some of the others can. It's a wider range topic than tech, science, mutant, or natural.

Because I am hard you will not like me. But more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair...

~Gny. Sgt. Heartman, Full Metal Jacket

I am the 'Slow Moving Madness'. I am Wandering Mania.

I just want to thank you for all that you make/made possible.

You need to whipe? I don't care.

You can't guarantee stability? How could I be mad.

You did this for us, for free, we don't know you, you don't know us.

To all the one complaining about just the slightest bit of this project: How dare you to demand anything of these guys. It's fantastic what they made possible, but forget they are not a greedy compandy we paid money for the game or pay a monthly fee.

They sacrificy so much of their time and we have to be gratefull.

As soon as money is in the house - let's talk again (and still be gratefull)...

I made my broadsword scrapper Technology orign. 

A broadsword is technology, innit?

It probably helped that the character wasn't sure how his broadsword worked.

"Do you know how to use that thing?"

"Yes. The pointy end goes into the other man."

"[sighs] This is going to take a lot of work."

To all the one complaining about just the slightest bit of this project: How dare you to demand anything of these guys. It's fantastic what they made possible, but forget they are not a greedy compandy we paid money for the game or pay a monthly fee.

They sacrificy so much of their time and we have to be gratefull.

As soon as money is in the house - let's talk again (and still be gratefull)...

No one is complaining. No need to suck up to GM's. Everyone has been happy and having fun

I haven't been able to play yet, but I had a chance to recreate one of my favorite toons here, and the process alone made me squeal in nostalgic delight. Even if nothing else happens, I'm so very happy!

I can't thank you all enough for giving me at least that wonderful feeling, and hope that I can get a chance to replay her again soon!

Thank you all!

I agree with what a lot of people have said. We're all just so grateful to have an opportunity to revisit our second homes. This game was a massive part of my life growing up, and it's really been a blast having all that nostalgia hit me in the face last night.

Keep up the great work guys. This is a community that I've been away from for years, and now it feels like I've been here the whole time.

• City Council

Unfortunately due to unexpected issues and a significantly higher load than we originally anticipated we will not be hosting the costume contest.

We might try to do this at some point when we have things working more smoothly but at this time it is not an option.

We apologize :(

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• City Council

Unfortunately due to unexpected issues and a significantly higher load than we originally anticipated we will not be hosting the costume contest.

We might try to do this at some point when we have things working more smoothly but at this time it is not an option.

We apologize :(

Despite this, some brave souls came out anyway. I took a few pictures for your collective edification, which you can view here.

"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

I'm sitting at 1013 in line to get into Excelsior...and I don't care.

Thank you. Thank you so much. I'm a 35 year old man and almost reduced to tears by the fact a game I've missed terribly is available again, even if only for a moment.

Establishing a queue makes eminent sense even if it means I won't be able to play tonight.  Things should at least stabilize fairly quickly.  At least I can do something else while it grinds rather than try over and over again.  Good job again.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291