Add to the List of Epic Pools...Psionic Mastery

Solarverse

Just to add to the list of Epic Pools, can we get Psionic Mastery for Blasters? I have a Psionic themed blaster and not having the Psionic Mastery for Blasters kind of hurts the theme just the same as no Ice Mastery for Corruptors hurts the theme for that as well. Short and sweet.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Just to add to the list of Epic Pools, can we get Psionic Mastery for Blasters? I have a Psionic themed blaster and not having the Psionic Mastery for Blasters kind of hurts the theme just the same as no Ice Mastery for Corruptors hurts the theme for that as well. Short and sweet.

Has been an idea of mine as well for awhile. +1 Would love to see "Dominate", "Indomitable Will", "Link Minds", "Mind Over Body" as available options. Maybe not all at once, but those are some stand-outs I'd love to see.

9 minutes ago, Zeraphia said:

Has been an idea of mine as well for awhile. +1 Would love to see "Dominate", "Indomitable Will", "Link Minds", "Mind Over Body" as available options. Maybe not all at once, but those are some stand-outs I'd love to see.

A Psionic Shield and T9 would be nice for starters. Then like the others, Dominate like you said and Mass Hypnosis. Corruptors get Telekinesis but I would rather have a T9 Defense or Resist ability instead...not to mention Telekinesis on a Blaster would just be way OP. I would like to see it keep in line with what the Elec Epic has going on.

I have never understood why the Epic AT powers weren't an easy port for all the ATs. I also hope they add more defense based shields for blasters, defenders, mm, corruptors. I like Scorpion Shield (and really like that there are no pre-req powers you have to take before you gain access to it in that pool), but would love more options. 

On 9/18/2020 at 9:26 AM, Replacement said:

Still pushing for Psi Lash to fill the missing psy Epics.

That's 3 powers pulled from Aurora Penna (itself just a recolor of the hellfire attacks, I'm sure) plus 2 powers of your choice, relevant to your AT.

Relevant to Blasters? That's a melee attack, Blasters already get those in their secondaries.

8 minutes ago, Vanden said:

Relevant to Blasters? That's a melee attack, Blasters already get those in their secondaries.

I guess I thought the lashes had longer range than 20.  Still nearly triple standard melee range (7'), but it would certainly be nice if they could be longer range on the blaster version.

43 minutes ago, Replacement said:

I guess I thought the lashes had longer range than 20.  Still nearly triple standard melee range (7'), but it would certainly be nice if they could be longer range on the blaster version.

Well the thing about attacks with range, Blasters get plenty of those, too.

They used to have several attacks that were only 20-foot range, but those kept getting buffed until they were equal to the other blasts...

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

Well the thing about attacks with range, Blasters get plenty of those, too.

They used to have several attacks that were only 20-foot range, but those kept getting buffed until they were equal to the other blasts...

If you need a cone, you can make it a cone.

If you need a melee, you can make it long-range melee.

If you need a ranged attack, you can make it a short-ranged attack.

If you need long-range mez, you can make it a long-range mez.

Blasters frequently have 3 of these.  Scrappers frequently have 3 of these.  Sentinels frequently have 3 of these.  Mix and match as appropriate, get whip options for several ATs using only a few animations.

But this is not a whip thread.  I just wanted to toss in that whip-themed epics could be a good use for something that lacks enough animations to fuel a full 9-power set.