The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Night Tank

KaizenSoze

My highest damaging attack behind placate/spin is placate/slash. On fast moving teams Psychic Scream will beat out Spin.

Placate can be as low as 7-8 seconds recharge. I have mine in the 10 sec range. One you get the rhythm down, it's quite a damaging combo.

From stealth you can dive into the mobs Spin, target a boss or lt, placate, slash. Crit city. On fast moving teams I lead with Psychic Scream, because mobs die too quickly to get into melee AOE range. In that case, I head for the boss, placate/slash.

Nothing resists placate, you need a sec to pop an insp, placate. You need to keep part of a spawn from attacking you, though they will heal/buff, placate.

The real reason I keep Smoke Nade in the build is for careful pulling and some resists. If you want a real challenge try an AE 801.3 at 4x8. It's the reason the build exists.

58 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

My highest damaging attack behind placate/spin is placate/slash. On fast moving teams Psychic Scream will beat out Spin.

Placate can be as low as 7-8 seconds recharge. I have mine in the 10 sec range. One you get the rhythm down, it's quite a damaging combo.

From stealth you can dive into the mobs Spin, target a boss or lt, placate, slash. Crit city. On fast moving teams I lead with Psychic Scream, because mobs die too quickly to get into melee AOE range. In that case, I head for the boss, placate/slash.

Nothing resists placate, you need a sec to pop an insp, placate. You need to keep part of a spawn from attacking you, though they will heal/buff, placate.

The real reason I keep Smoke Nade in the build is for careful pulling and some resists. If you want a real challenge try an AE 801.3 at 4x8. It's the reason the build exists.

How many targets does Smoke Grenade affect

Okay so 16 targets. But only -3.75% tohit?? That's awful

And it's enhanceable - so maybe -7.50% tohit or so? Do enemies have -tohit debuff resistance? 

Edited by Glacier Peak

5 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Okay so 16 targets. But only -3.75% tohit?? That's awful. 

It's actually not that bad when you realize it ignores resistance and is auto-hit. Typically, higher ranked foes have higher natural resistance to ToHit debuffs (Bosses have a minimum 20% resistance, LTs have 10%). Throw in enhancements, and you can somewhat counter any purple patch you might face. 

So treat it as a steadfast protection, with a little extra on top. A perfectly fine one-slot wonder power.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Just now, Bopper said:

It's actually not that bad when you realize it ignores resistance and is auto-hit. Typically, higher ranked foes have higher natural resistance to ToHit debuffs (Bosses have a minimum 20% resistance, LTs have 10%). Throw in enhancements, and you can somewhat counter any purple patch you might face. 

So treat it as a steadfast protection, with a little extra on top. A perfectly fine one-slot wonder power.

That's where my brain went next on the third edit lol. There's only so much def can do!

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Okay so 16 targets. But only -3.75% tohit?? That's awful

And it's enhanceable - so maybe -7.50% tohit or so? Do enemies have -tohit debuff resistance? 

The perception debuff is more useful than I think folks realize, when you are trying to do very hard stuff solo.

Solo ITF, if you aggro too many Romans, their defense stacks high enough to make them very hard to hit.  Smoke nade allows me to surgically take out just the mobs I need. Very helpful on the first mission.

On AE 801s, you really don't want to be taking on full spawns every time. Smoke nade will allow you to pull a few at a time. Also, smoking a patrol while you deal with the current spawn is a life saver.

• Like 1