Inspiration Response Time

krj12

I could be remembering wrong, but the time to activate an inspiration back on live, seemed to be a lot faster than now - almost instant.

Now, not so much.   Can't tell you how many times when I've desperately clicked multiple times on a green, with nothing happening - resulting in a death.

The response time just seems sluggish.   And my internet now compared to back then is so much faster,  I don't understand unless it's just the server not 

responding.

If something could be done to speed things up a bit, it would be appreciated.

I'm unsure if there's any kind of delay.  I've always found Inspirations to be instantaneous during my play experience.

Could you provide us with some more details on your usual playstyle?   Teaming?  Solo?  Lots of enemies on the map?  Anything which might account for lag or other delays?  When and where Inspirations are being laggy for you?

You can't activate inspirations while a power is animating.  It has always been that way and I don't believe anything has ever changed in that regard.  If you're stuck in the middle of Total Focus's animation with low health, it can totally screw you over, but that's just how it has always been.  

Do you have any specific examples of when you feel its lagging? 

I cannot think of any specific example during regular play.  Already full aware that trying to do it while a power is activating doesn't work.  That isn't it.

A specific example during my *farming* runs is with my inspiration macro that combines blues into reds and consumes reds.    I see that thing failing all the time,  you'll see the inspirations

in the tray momentarily flicker as if something is happening, but it doesn't.  Sometimes have to click that thing 5-6 times to get one combine to happen or for one consume to occur.

It doesn't coincide with any power that I have on auto either.   It's just the game doesn't respond.

7 minutes ago, krj12 said:

I cannot think of any specific example during regular play.  Already full aware that trying to do it while a power is activating doesn't work.  That isn't it.

A specific example during my *farming* runs is with my inspiration macro that combines blues into reds and consumes reds.    I see that thing failing all the time,  you'll see the inspirations

in the tray momentarily flicker as if something is happening, but it doesn't.  Sometimes have to click that thing 5-6 times to get one combine to happen or for one consume to occur.

It doesn't coincide with any power that I have on auto either.   It's just the game doesn't respond.

That's an issue with the combine binds, not with using inspirations.  I know exactly what you're talking about.  If you're in a pinch, manually click them or use the F# keys to use that column.

Alternatively, I've found that using a single bind for both combine and use yields worse results than having separate combine and use binds.  I bind numpad 1, 2 and 3 to combine small, medium and large insps respectively and numpad 0 to use any reds.  There's way less of a hiccup that way and its nearly as easy.  The combines never fail and the numpad 0 use bind is much more reliable (but still not perfect) compared to a dual use combine/use set up. 

But back to the topic, you may want to specify the actual issue in the OP.  The truth is its not response time in using insps, its the jankiness of a complex bind that has never worked right that's the real issue.  

I know it seems faster if I'm hitting F1-F5 rather than clicking. Might just be perception.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

My experience is that inspirations get put in a que, and it has to wait for the power set before it and its full animation is done, before it gets a chance to be used at all. If you  press another attack, then the inspiration never gets used.

Sue

On 10/4/2020 at 10:47 AM, krj12 said:

I could be remembering wrong, but the time to activate an inspiration back on live, seemed to be a lot faster than now - almost instant.

Now, not so much.   Can't tell you how many times when I've desperately clicked multiple times on a green, with nothing happening - resulting in a death.

The response time just seems sluggish.   And my internet now compared to back then is so much faster,  I don't understand unless it's just the server not 

responding.

I have noticed this also, not sure how else to describe it other than unusual lag.  But I have tried to hit an insp with no other power animating, and sometimes it just doesn't happen instantly like it should, or like it did on live.

I've never bothered with mentioning it, because I don't like to be dependent on insp use anyway.

Edited by Infinitum
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 3:47 PM, krj12 said:

responding.

I thought it was my imagination.

But they seem to take ages.  click.  Klikck.  Wait.  WAIT.  I'm dead.  Still clicking.

It's about 3 clicks.  Especially when the pressure is on.

Is it part of the combat queuing system?

Azrael.

On 10/4/2020 at 4:38 PM, Omega-202 said:

You can't activate inspirations while a power is animating.  It has always been that way and I don't believe anything has ever changed in that regard.  If you're stuck in the middle of Total Focus's animation with low health, it can totally screw you over, but that's just how it has always been.  

Do you have any specific examples of when you feel its lagging? 

So it's tied to animation of power.  So if something else is happening.  And you need that green to live?

You're as good as dead.

I see.  At least it makes sense now.

Azrael.

34 minutes ago, Golden Azrael said:

So it's tied to animation of power.  So if something else is happening.  And you need that green to live?

You're as good as dead.

I see.  At least it makes sense now.

Azrael.

Yep, always been that way.  

I can't count how many times I've been in the middle of Twilight Grasp, trying to heal myself, when it would have been smarter to just mash greens.  But then it's too late because I'm locked in for 2.5 seconds of animation.  

• Like 2

So.  It's perceptional.  'We' don't realise we've become entangled in a power animation trying to dig ourselves out of a hole.  Then?

We desperately click 3 times on the green and it's already too late.  

We're queued for death.

Maybe it's just my nostalgia that remembers it being instant on live.

Azrael.