Beta Server Bug - Auto firing powers unsetting

I am only seeing this behavior on the beta server - Brainstorm to be specific.

Every time I log in my haste power is not set to auto fire. So, I set it.

Then I will noticed it has unset again later.  Maybe when I finish a mission, but I am not certain.

Usually, I have only zoned and done some missions. I will try and figure if there is a specific trigger.

The problem appeared on mine non-beta account. When I logged in Hasten was not on auto.

But after restarting Tequila. The problem has gone away everywhere.

Edit: Nope, it's back on the beta server. I watched it more careful.

Hasten is firing on recharge, but something is causing it to toggle off.

I tested mission completion as a possible cause. Nope, auto fire was still set.

Any suggestions for things I could test?

Edited by KaizenSoze

16 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

Any hints to when that will be?

I do not think we will see it during halloween event.  

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

On 10/7/2020 at 2:32 PM, KaizenSoze said:

So, I was watching more carefully.

It happened in the middle of combat.

Maybe I was hit by a status effect, but I was not mezed.

Anyway, I won't be labor this issue.

It's been happening to me, too, on Everlasting, not beta.  Found that it was the cancel power function (default bind Z).  It cancels a queued power (red ring around the power icon in the tray), but it's also canceling powers set to auto-fire.  Doesn't occur when using the Escape key, which defaults to clearing the target window and canceling a queued power.  The auto is left intact when pressing Escape.  Auto-fire is shut off when Z is pressed.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 minute ago, Luminara said:

It's been happening to me, too, on Everlasting, not beta.  Found that it was the cancel power function (default bind Z).  It cancels a queued power (red ring around the power icon in the tray), but it's also canceling powers set to auto-fire.  Doesn't occur when using the Escape key, which defaults to clearing the target window and canceling a queued power.  The auto is left intact when pressing Escape.  Auto-fire is shut off when Z is pressed.

This has been happening since live. I am always kicking myself when I cancel a queued power and don't notice hasten has been removed from autofire again. Mine is bound to the period key (and was the same back on live) if that's any help.

55 minutes ago, Luminara said:

That is a good point. I will watch for that, but I think auto fire it off when I first login.

Either way, I will watch for it. Thank you.

On 10/11/2020 at 1:07 PM, Luminara said:

I am betting this is it. Now that I have been watching it hasn't been happening.

I usually re-bind z to fire my judgement, but that's not always true on the beta server.

I bet I am reflexively hitting z from time to time.

So, do you what you want with this thread.

Thanks all for the input.

20 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

So, do you what you want with this thread.

No, no no no, use the information provided in the thread to fix the unqueue/cancel function so it can be used properly.  The targeting system is crap, having the ability to unqueue a queued attack without clearing the target is important.

• Like 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

• Jimmy locked this topic