This Can't Happen Anymore

Monos King

image.thumb.png.6def36c5665f1596720484e814d69d10.png

I can't guarantee my continued mental health if this happens after another hour long respec. Please make this go away forever.

Edit: Why does it take an hour? I am contemplative. Does mids help alleviate this pain? No. No it does not,

Edited by Monos King

Update: All enhancements slotted or in tray were deleted invisible after the failed respec message until you finally get a successful respec.

This happens on both beta and live. It is very bad.

Update: Headed to beta to test out further since I guess I'm not respeccing today. Enhancements sometimes come back.

Edited by Monos King

3 minutes ago, MoisesG said:

Yikes, that is terrible.

were there any specific conditions during the respec that might hint at a possible cause?

Hope the GMs can replace the IOs and inf.

Luckily this time it was on beta, and the IOs did return after the 7th failed respec. I'm definitely not touching my character on live, and I can't think of any specific conditions that could be provoking this on either server.

Strong warning to those soon to respec. The failure seems to happen randomly, after logging in as far as I can tell, and the enhancements have returned unreliably.

Edited by Monos King

11 minutes ago, Monos King said:

Luckily this time it was on beta, and the IOs did return after the 7th failed respec. I'm definitely not touching my character on live, and I can't think of any specific conditions that could be provoking this on either server.

Strong warning to those soon to respec. The failure seems to happen randomly, after logging in as far as I can tell, and the enhancements have returned unreliably.

Looks like you have an untrained level up; that might be a cause.

• City Council

When you get a RespecFailed message, your character is left in a corrupted state because the client and server have different ideas on what your character looks like. Logging off and back on will restore it to the previous database save, with no loss of enhancements or anything else. If you want to make sure your character is saved to the database, switch zones; there are other triggers but that's the one that is 100%, because the new zone has to read the character from the database.

If you post the character name and server in which this was happening and a rough idea of what your final respec was supposed to be, I can try to reproduce the problem. This error message can be caused by any of many, many things failing during a respec, so each time it is reported we need to look at that specific set of circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Vanden said:

Looks like you have an untrained level up; that might be a cause.

I won't rule it out as a possible factor, although it's been happening with fully trained 50s too.

9 minutes ago, Faultline said:

If you post the character name and server in which this was happening and a rough idea of what your final respec was supposed to be, I can try to reproduce the problem. This error message can be caused by any of many, many things failing during a respec, so each time it is reported we need to look at that specific set of circumstances.

The most recent was on the Brainstorm Beta Server. 

Character: Ultimate Immortal

Could use some clarity on what you need to know about the respec.

Personally I always try to go to Ouro, Cosmic hub or some other small zone instead of a big city before a respec. I've been burned before trying to respec in Atlas and PI, that I avoid big cities altogether now.

I don't know if that's a factor, or I've been unintentionally doing what Faultline suggested (zoning before a respec), but so far it has worked for me.

5 hours ago, Monos King said:

Edit: Why does it take an hour? I am contemplative. Does mids help alleviate this pain? No. No it does not,

Can't you contemplate while on mids? xD

It's what I'm doing, I spent hours on a build beforehand, but I go to respec fully prepared. I've had too much time wasted going back and forth trying to fit a specific power at a certain level range for exemplaring purposes, that I don't risk it anymore. 

Edited by RabbitUp

9 hours ago, Monos King said:

I won't rule it out as a possible factor, although it's been happening with fully trained 50s too.

Failing to fully train up is something I've heard of over and over from others that leads to to failed respecs.  I suppose it could be just a coincidence that a lot of people have experienced, but I always fully train prior to trying one after hearing of a lot of other people's issues.  

• Like 2