Recluse's Victory NPC Archvillains/Heroes defeat badges. Got any Tips?

Shocktacular

I wasn't sure if this belonged in the PvP forum or not, because RV is a PvP zone, but since I'm trying to take out NPCs, this isn't PvP strictly speaking, so I thought I'd put it here.

Any tips?  I haven't gotten any of these badges yet, so tips for any specific one are welcome as well as general tips.  I seem to have two main problems: finding people to help (is there any way to solo one of these guys? because at this point it looks like I'm gonna have to), and getting just ONE of the NPCs alone so the other doesn't kill me.

I'm getting down to the last few badges to get to 1500, and I'd really like to pick these up.  Please help!

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Maybe we can meet up and work on this together!  I'm on Indomitable server.  Which server are you on?  (also, I'm in California, so... time zones)

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.

21 minutes ago, Shocktacular said:

Maybe we can meet up and work on this together!  I'm on Indomitable server.  Which server are you on?  (also, I'm in California, so... time zones)

Indomitable also, I saw you on your Brute earlier and sent a tell. My global is @Glacier Peak. I'm Colorado, shouldn't be too hard to find a similar time.

The issue I'm facing is the AVs hit way to hard in a group, so I try to pull. It's near impossible and then they all just wail on me. I had my longbow mech, my pill box, my shivan, extra temp pets, my P2W pets and I used all the nukes that buff, but the moment i pulled I get melted 😆 

Edit: I'll be on Wednesday pretty much any time after 3PM MST / 2PM PST.

Edited by Glacier Peak

Yeah, I was doing some AFK farming for the last "dmg taken" badge.  Wednesday sounds good.  I probably won't be on until after 3pm PST though because I have class.

I've been e-mailing myself some big inspirations (and a few supers) to have ready for this.  I also plan to buy ALL teh buffs at my base beforehand.

Edited by Shocktacular

The hero/villain NPC in RV are quite tough to solo. On a full team of 8, they don't pose much threat so put out a friendly LFM in LFG chat and I'm sure people will help your cause. If you can't find 7 others, it is possible to defeat them with just a duo. I've done this with a blaster friend while I'm on my bane spider. We took a lot of superior insps (from Luna) with us as well as those special summons that are 10mil a pop from p2w lady and a heavy each. we still died quite a bit and the fights were long. Posi was the toughest one. as long as you can separate them to tackle them one at a time, then there's hope. Synapse tends to run away quite a bit. the rest are fairly straight forward.

I always went into RV and spawned the first two AV’s just to save time and then shouted in LFG for Blue/Red AV kill in RV. Usually got a surprising number of invite asks, guess they are badges a number of players are looking to do.

However if it was just two of us or perhaps three and we were getting rolfstomped by both AV’s I would kite one to the guard bots at the base and let them take it down.

Then we could proper concentrate on the remaining one. We also did this if we had one of the spawned AV kill badge already just to speed it up. That one got kited straight away.

And yes we did get ganked by the PvP guys but that is just a suck it up job as the badges are in a legit PvP zone, sighs deeply.......

Good luck and fast kills.

Any suggestions for Incarnate ability slotting? I was thinking Diamagnetic Radial Interface for the -regen.  Also, do the Ultimate inspirations work in RV?

Edited by Shocktacular

I've gotten them on several alts, they can be a challenge due to the fact that player characters since issue 13 in PVP zones are under the "diminishing returns" system which means you will not be at full power like you are in the PVE zones.  Check your combat stats and look at your resistance and defense stats and you will see what I mean.   Meanwhile your targets are L54 and at full power

They spawn in pairs and it is random, you may get the same pair a few times or not. If there is a pattern to induce the spawning of specific characters I have never found it.

4 pillboxes gives the first spawn, defeat them and then take a 5th pillbox for another spawn, defeat them then take a 6th  to reset the zone, or have someone with opposite alignment take a few pill boxes then take them back.

Some tips:

1. Don't broadcast that you are going to RV, that is an open invitation for griefers and trolls.  Form your team in Atlas near the entrance or Grandville near the entrance and have everyone go into full hide mode from searches, etc.   Trust me its a good idea to do that.

2. Some AT/power sets could solo them but if you have a team of 3 or more that would be better

3. Poison daggers can help a bit, Warburg nukes might make them blink

4. Lore pets, longbow or banished pantheon, T3 or T4 versions.

5. Have one of the heavy robots in the zone under control as well. Heavies are slow but tough, they cannot be teleported, nor buffed/healed but the incarnate power incandescence will move them.

6. Head to the pillbox that they are targeting and take control of its guns in addition to your heavy and lore pets, all pets and guns to aggressive mode and open fire.

7. A healer/debuffer is recommended.

Separating them can be done if someone with taunt or long range attacks can get the attention of one of them and pull them away.

They spawn in these pairs:

Black Scorpion and Mako:   Black Scorpion has a taunt, take him down first

Scirocco and Ghost Widow:  Ghost Widow is the far greater threat, take her down fast

With any of those spawns, Lord Recluse could be randomly inserted in place of one of the other AVs.  If he shows up he is target #1.

The Blue AV's

Positron and Synapse: when you get the alert that heroes are coming, if Synapse isn't there in about 20 seconds then it isn't them. Also Positron can sometimes take some time to arrive so nail synapse first.  For Positron remember he is a walking meltdown.

Manticore and Back Alley Brawler:  though Manti's arrows can be a royal pain,  Bab's fists are a greater pain. Take Bab down first.

Penelope Yin and Ms. Liberty: these are the replacements in the zone for the slain Sister Psyche and Statesman.    Penelope Yin's PSIONIC damage is the far greater threat, take her down FAST.   Also be glad Statesman is gone, I faced him in that zone on live, and he was the greatest threat of all the AVs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

25 alts with all the badges!

Thanks!

Also, in case anyone's wondering, we're going to have to postpone until friday due to RL scheduling conflicts.

• Thanks 1

I had class, but I'm done now, so anytime!
Did you want to start out as heroes or as villains?

Edited by Shocktacular

Calling it for now (too many enemy players).  Got all of 'em except Penny and Libby, who just would NOT spawn!  We must've spawned 10 hero pairs and didn't get them once!