Should I get rid of Tequila?

CursedSorcerer

I think it was Cypher that said many of the Mods have been using the new launcher for months. You absolutely do not need Tequila to run the new one, but, just in case something breaks during it's beta period, having Tequila isn't a bad idea.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Tequila and the HC launcher are two self-contained, independent programs.

Removing Tequila will not break anything (I did it once to switch to Island Rum for Windows before switching back), you just won't be able to use it to launch the game - which is okay if you're satisfied with the new HC launcher.

Furthermore they used two completely different set of folders, if you install the HC launcher you end up with a 2nd install altogether.

If you alternate between the twos you might need to manually sync all the "player created" files  like the costumes, the logs and the AE missions.

tldr; stick with the HC launcher if it works for you, you can ditch Tequila and the old install later.

Edited by Archiviste

2 hours ago, Lines said:

I'd keep it for now until the new launcher is out of beta, just in case.

Deleting tequila won't remove the CoH install, I think. I'm not sure what the best way to uninstall the tequila CoH installation would be.

I'm not saying I WANT to uninstall CoH. On the contrary, I just don't want to uninstall it accidentally.

8 hours ago, CursedSorcerer said:

I'm not saying I WANT to uninstall CoH. On the contrary, I just don't want to uninstall it accidentally.

The actual CoH install you get from the HC launcher is a separate install from the tequila one. Basically you'll have CoH installed twice if you have both.

You need the launchers to access their respective installs, which means if you get rid of tequila but not its version of the CoH, you'll have the install sitting around unused.

But again, I'd hang on until launcher 1.0 before uninstalling tequila.

I'm sure it's not a big deal if you remove Tequila. Even if there's a major problem with the new HC launcher, it's easy enough to reinstall tequila. For me, personally, I'm holding onto Tequila until HC launcher comes off beta, but I've been using the HC launcher exclusively since starting with it.

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

13 hours ago, Safehouse said:

I'm sure it's not a big deal if you remove Tequila. Even if there's a major problem with the new HC launcher, it's easy enough to reinstall tequila. For me, personally, I'm holding onto Tequila until HC launcher comes off beta, but I've been using the HC launcher exclusively since starting with it.

I guess I'll wait until it comes off beta.

• Game Master

All valid reasons to NOT remove Tequila:

• If HC Launcher has been giving your problems.
  • You use Paragon Chat or Icon, which DO NOT work on HC Launcher.
  • You're a digital archivist and want a complete history of the City of Heroes clients from Issue 0 and beyond.
  • You are not tech saavy (which is okay!) and are waiting for a neighborhood-friendly computer kid to move your client files to the new locations in exchange for School Fundraiser money. (That will teach them not to forget the chocolate bars they promised next time.)

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.