When this goes live?

Jacktar

Hi all, atm I have Tequila standing inside my CoH folder size 5.6 Gigs. That includes my screenshot folder.

I also have new launcher on a different drive folder size 5.4 Gigs. No screenshot or data folders.

Both work fabulously.

Love the new launcher. Installed and works like a dream. Tick VG 🙂

I understand that the new launcher does not copy absolutely everything over from the old one.

So am wondering what will happen when we go live as I want one of those 5 gigs back. But I do not want to lose screenies et cetera when when the new goes live.

Will I still not be able to have new launcher inside CoH folder and how much tech work wil I have to do to get the missing stuff not copied into the new launcher.

Will the new launcher at going live be a one stop job to install with like overwriting the old or will I have to start doing tech stuff as well to delete the old one?

So easy to screw this sort of stuff up if not tech savvie.

Thanks

• Game Master
2 hours ago, Jacktar said:

So am wondering what will happen when we go live as I want one of those 5 gigs back. But I do not want to lose screenies et cetera when when the new goes live.

Will I still not be able to have new launcher inside CoH folder and how much tech work wil I have to do to get the missing stuff not copied into the new launcher.

The new launcher will have a default location of "C:\Games\Homecoming", which isn't going to change once it leaves beta.

Will the new launcher at going live be a one stop job to install with like overwriting the old or will I have to start doing tech stuff as well to delete the old one?

Everything the Launcher does it does independent of Tequila.  Homecoming Launcher will not remove Tequila automatically or on request.  The uninstall process for Tequila is the same as it is now, simply delete the Tequila folder.  As GM Korvin stated, you will need to back up any data you want to keep. 

User Data Folders:

The following folders are Client-Side User Data and should not be deleted without reviewing the contents first.  If these folders are deleted, you cannot get the information back:

• /costumes - .costume files you've saved.  Used both in Character Creator and AE.
  • /powercust - PowerCustomization files from character creator.  Used both in Character Creator and AE.
  • /screenshots - Pics saved while in game.  For most players, this will be the 2nd largest waste of hard drive space behind .pigg files that the client needs to work.  Don't be afraid of visiting this folder and deleting any 'misfires' or bad shots you don't need.
  • /"YourUsernameHere" - Your user folder.  Useful for personal info, character launch order, player notes, etc.

Mission Architect data: All three folders are part of AE.  Deleting impacts unpublished AE missions.

• /custom_critter
  • /customvillaingroup
  • /missions

The above list of folders in your Tequila folder are a good idea to keep a copy of somewhere before erasing Tequila.

We do not have an ETA when the Beta test is going to be finished.  Like most things in homebrew/volunteer development, it's 'ready when it's ready.'

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

Hi,

many thanks for above responses, appreciated.

I will not pretend I understand all of the info, but your so speedy responses have bought me time to reread and decipher in slow time so will have it nailed by live launch 👍👏😀

Oh and apologies about the ambiguous title, it was a rhetorical ask about what I need to do when it goes live not When does it go live.

Thanks again 😷

• City Council
5 hours ago, GM Tahquitz said:

We do not have an ETA when the Beta test is going to be finished.  Like most things in homebrew/volunteer development, it's 'ready when it's ready.'

We've semi-officially moved into a "soft launch" phase. You'll notice that the Homecoming Launcher is now linked from the install guide rather than Tequila, but we haven't made a lot of noise about it just yet.

There's two outstanding issues that need to be fixed. One of them involves migration of files from Tequila: it needs to ignore certain files from the old Paragon Chat map pack that a few people have lying around and can cause game crashes, but that only applies people installing it for the first time and doing the migration. The other is a bizarre crash on startup that a small number of people are getting and is related to, oddly enough, resizing the images used by the UI.

If you're not affected by either of those, it's safe to go ahead and consider it "released".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GM Tahquitz said:

The new launcher will have a default location of "C:\Games\Homecoming", which isn't going to change once it leaves beta.

Everything the Launcher does it does independent of Tequila.  Homecoming Launcher will not remove Tequila automatically or on request.  The uninstall process for Tequila is the same as it is now, simply delete the Tequila folder.  As GM Korvin stated, you will need to back up any data you want to keep. 

The above list of folders in your Tequila folder are a good idea to keep a copy of somewhere before erasing Tequila.

Unless someone posted since yesterday, I never got a reply as to the before/after folders WRT AE. can I get that so I can update the posting.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• City Council

Which folders are you looking for? All AE stuff should go under architect in the new layout. PlayerCreatedSouvenierClues.txt should go directly under architect (I believe the installer tries to do this already). The subdirs are all listed in the deep dive post unless I missed one.

21 hours ago, Number Six said:

Which folders are you looking for? All AE stuff should go under architect in the new layout. PlayerCreatedSouvenierClues.txt should go directly under architect (I believe the installer tries to do this already). The subdirs are all listed in the deep dive post unless I missed one.

I'm trying to wrap-up this thread (below), so I'd be looking for any/all AE related files/folders so that I can improve the usefullness of the thread. It seems to be helping the Mac people. I did a poor attempt at searching for a thread that covered say Backing up AE, but no joy.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)