Armors T9 revamp

Does anyone really use their T9 god mode power anymore? I haven’t taken elude on my SR anything since ED killed permaelude.  Perhaps it’s time to revisit some of these powers like they did to MoG? 

Maybe it’s just a SR problem cuz it’s pretty easy to softcap without using elude. Once you’re at the softcap it’s not really worth the extra movement buffs and end crash.  The added run speed and jump height let my scrapper go no travel power back in the perma days. 

12 hours ago, FundamentalyConfused said:

Maybe it’s just a SR problem cuz it’s pretty easy to softcap without using elude. Once you’re at the softcap it’s not really worth the extra movement buffs and end crash.  

It's not just SR. Unstoppable and Power Surge are pretty useless due to the health crash.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

You sort of hit a ceiling with regards to sustainability for most melee characters if you take into consideration IOs.  If you don't heavily use IOs, I think the armor tier 9s still have some solo use.  Even on mid-level teams, it's still possible to get use out of them if you're not IO'ed.

Changing them to be crashless is likely the only change you could make which will devolve the balance of tier 9s that are currently crashless.

They can also be used on non-armor ATs to decent effect as well.

Rage crash after you go all hulk on them and bouncing bullets or avoiding them.  Your character gets exhausted so suffers -Damage -Accuracy and -Recharge for like 10 seconds?  With the long duration of the powers, your target should be dead long before it wears off.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

2 hours ago, Uun said:

It's not just SR. Unstoppable and Power Surge are pretty useless due to the health crash.

I'd call that perference, not a mark of uselessness. Personally, I like having powers that make you have to weigh their use vs. a crash - as long as the effect is strong enough to be worth it.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

I'd call that perference, not a mark of uselessness. Personally, I like having powers that make you have to weigh their use vs. a crash - as long as the effect is strong enough to be worth it.

However, it's kinda hard to make a crashing power strong enough to be worth it now-a-days.

edit to add - At least for heavy crashing powers, light crashes can still work.

Edited by Dragon Crush

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

They would have to add a lot more to Elude to warrant me dealing with the crash. Maybe a +dam effect added? IDK 

50 minutes ago, Dragon Crush said:

However, it's kinda hard to make a crashing power strong enough to be worth it now-a-days.

/agree. I could tolerate T9 crash on something like a Tanker... if instead of more defense/resistance it boosted offense output, but have trouble imagining how this could be implemented in a way that made sense. For (my, perhaps unimaginative) Tanks, the issue isn't staying in a tough fight, but finishing one.

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

Perhaps, but I have a hard time making that determination when I can pop Destiny Barrier or a couple of large inspirations that have no crash. Interesting that the Blaster/Corruptor Epic versions of these powers (Force of Nature and Surge of Power) don't have the health crash, just the endurance crash.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

After reading that link from above I’m now at the point where the armor sets T9 needs to compliment the set, not overpower it. 

If the blasters T9’s got fixed because they complained of death after activation from toggle drop then why wasn’t this addressed for those in the team being the aggro distraction? It seems to me the team will faceplant faster if the melee toons faceplant in the heat of battle. 

What can be done to modify a sets T9 to compliment the set? This really only needs to be done to the core armor powers the game launched with, those come from a totally different era of thinking,  most of the newer sets seem ok IMO. The core armors originally only let you have one toggle on at a time and nothing was done about the redundant effects some T9’s added when they changed it to multiple toggles, looking at you SR.