AoE powersets

Tigersoul78

As far as numbers and types of AoE attacks go, Dual Pistols and Radiation are fairly comparable.  Beyond that, DP has lower damage than average for a ranged set and no Aim equivalent, but more utility in its different ammo types insofar as you can change secondary damage types and effects.  Rad comes with -def but it's ranged AoE comes much later, and it doesn't quite pack the punch of Fire either.

Assault Rifle has three cone attacks and an AoE burn patch, so I suppose it would come in behind those two.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

Assault Rifle has three cone attacks and an AoE burn patch, so I suppose it would come in behind those two.

Assault Rifle definitely comes above Dual Pistols in terms of AoE (way above). Full Auto is a lot better than the Pistols T9 and combining Flamethrower and Buckshot will clear out most minions, plus you have M30 as a ranged AoE, Ignite is meh, you can skip that.

Archery is generally regarded as the second best AoE set behind Fire and it is good although it leans a bit to much on Rain of Arrows for my liking. I think it's technically better than Assault Rifle for AoE but I prefer Assault Rifle because it's more AoE outside of the Tier 9.

• Like 1

Defender Smash!

One note; Water Burst is KD not KB, which is even better.

And yes, Water is probably the most AoE friendly set. Whirlpool and Burst are great, Geyser's ranged instead of a point-blank, Spray's not bad either. Water jet's not particularly powerful, but it's one of my favorite ways of spending 3 tidal, as its double-tap format is quite nice after the initial AoEs leave mostly just regular bosses.

Temporal has decent absorb-based defense and of course Time Lord, and will give you another AoE stun to stack on there. It also offers a great melee PBAoE if you're into those (it's not as big a radius as a Nuke though keep in mind).

Tactical Arrow offers an additional DoT AoE (Glue Arrow), multiple self buffs (it also offers a +recharge) and ESD arrow. Its starter is also full range T1 instead of 50 or 60ft (but with higher base accuracy), so you could use it instead of taking both your starter Primaries as a second Tier 1 attack.

Energy Manip would give you Range and Power Boosts, additional stuns, and the discount from Energize may prove a bit better than the increased recovery in other sets due to all the AoEs you're spending on.

I hear Plant's amazing but I know nothing of it myself to be honest.

Plant has 2 holds (one is a targeted AoE), 1 immobilize, 3 melee (one is a cone, one is a PBAoE) 1 power boost, 1 +absorb/res/recovery self, and a PBAoE debuff toggle. Secondary effects are a mixed bag of -DEF, -DMG, -To Hit, -Regen, and one -SPD & knockback.

As far as numbers and types of AoE attacks go, Dual Pistols and Radiation are fairly comparable.  Beyond that, DP has lower damage than average for a ranged set and no Aim equivalent, but more utility in its different ammo types insofar as you can change secondary damage types and effects.  Rad comes with -def but it's ranged AoE comes much later, and it doesn't quite pack the punch of Fire either.

Full Auto has a very narrow cone, only a 20 degree arc.  Personally, I'd rather use DP, much easier to use. 

But Water is probably AOE King (and best all-around set) followed by Fire.

I'm going Water/ice. Theme and I like the defensive nature of it.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Full Auto has a very narrow cone, only a 20 degree arc.  Personally, I'd rather use DP, much easier to use. 

Full Auto comes into its own with the Energy Manipulation secondary, where Boost Range gives you the ability to stand off far enough that the cone spreads to a useful width.

Full Auto comes into its own with the Energy Manipulation secondary, where Boost Range gives you the ability to stand off far enough that the cone spreads to a useful width.

I find it's relatively easy to hit the target cap for Full Auto even at the default range. That being said I do like slotting some range into Buckshot and Flamethrower to give them a longer range. If you add a generic range IO and an Alpha Slot ability with range you can get them up to almost 60ft.

• Like 1

Defender Smash!

I suggest taking a look at Atomic.

Boom. My water/atomic is 35 now and it's ridonkulous. You have to play in the middle of the fight to really get the atomic powerset benefits. So if you like to hand back then choose something else.

A bunch of toons. Global DocRanger

All on Excelsior. 

I'm a fan of all the PBAoEs in Electric/Electric.  Follow the tank or stock up on Awakens, though.  You will also want one of the knockback to knockdown buttons. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291