where are characters stored?

FatherCronos

Yes, characters are stored on the servers.  Everything will be as you left it when you finish re-installing.  Note that binds, saved costumes, saved power customizations, window positions or customizations, or third party mods will be gone, as those are stored on your computer, but your characters will not be naked, or in different costumes.  You'll need to redo your bind files, your UI in the game, things of that nature, but again, I emphasize, your characters will still be there, just the way they were before you wiped your HDD.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

If you're reinstalling windows and DON"T wipe the drive, then you won't lose anything but settings stored in the registry (Tequila GFX settings).

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 11/14/2020 at 9:39 PM, Luminara said:

Note that binds, saved costumes, saved power customizations, window positions or customizations, or third party mods will be gone, as those are stored on your computer, but your characters will not be naked, or in different costumes.  You'll need to redo your bind files, your UI in the game, things of that nature, but again, I emphasize, your characters will still be there, just the way they were before you wiped your HDD.

And people really should be backing up these files.  When Homecoming launched, I had copies of all my costume and keybind files from back in the day.  I back these files up automatically every night to a different drive.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.