Happy International Men's Day!

Neiska

On 11/19/2020 at 5:34 PM, Coyotedancer said:

Only International men? 

What about our domestic ones?

They ought not be left out, I'm thinking.... 😆 

:classic_biggrin:   You reminded me of one of my favorite laughs from recordings of the old "Allen's Alley" weekly radio comedy sketch.  If you're not familiar with it, popular radio comedian Fred Allen would "walk" an "alley" of the big city, knocking on back doors and interviewing several quirky neighbors about a weekly topic.  The greatest of these comedic characters was Senator Claghorn, a Deep-South Southerner forced to live in the North and forever a comedic blowhard about how much he loved his southern origins. ("When I'm in the North, I'm in enemy territory!", "I'll never attend a game at Yankee Stadium", "Down South we got two states: South Carolina and North Carolina...North Carolina...why couldn't they've called it Upper South Carolina...and why do we have a South Dakota up North?")  You've likely already known his character as it was cloned to create the popular Looney Toons character, Foghorn Leghorn, right down to the accent and comedic timings.

That out of the way, Allen was interviewing Titus Moody, a plain-spoken, salt-of-the-earth, retired farmer.   Moody began his reply, "Well just yesterday, I was talking to Senator Claghorn...the foreigner next door..."  Brought the radio audience to tears, it did.

On 11/20/2020 at 8:50 AM, huang3721 said:

There is a *men's* day?! 

I'm clearly living under a rock. 

I'm sure it was invented by coalition of greeting card companies, florists, and candy manufacturers.