Where the HECK are the cursors?

Koopak

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but iv had no luck hunting. Which pigg file contained the default cursors? I've tried every custom cursor mod I can find, and props to the people who made them but I personally hate them and decided to just make my own, but I really want/need the original textures if at all possible. Any help would be apprecaited iv hand dug through about 8 piggs now and am about to just hunt through them all one by one in a puddle of tears. 😂

They are in texture_library\GUI\Cursors (assuming you are using a pigg viewer like Piglet)

Course i finally found it but now it seems piglet cant extract the .texture file as anything else like i read so i need to look into this more tomarrow.

Still not sure WHICH .pigg file its in, i was having to access my CoH directory remotely which caused the process of opening the entire folder to double check you to take forever. I knew what the directory inside the pigg would be, just not which pigg

If you click on the texture you want, and then right click the image it shows in the preview window and click Export, Piglet will split the texture file into a DDS file and a header file when it extracts it.

7 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

If you click on the texture you want, and then right click the image it shows in the preview window and click Export, Piglet will split the texture file into a DDS file and a header file when it extracts it.

Thank you, i didn't think to try clicking in the picture and didn't see a tutorial anywhere. Only other step I'm not clear on is recombining them afterwords. I should be able to handle the rest.

• Like 1

My pleasure, I only discovered that little trick a little while back myself. As far as re-combining them, your best bet would probably be to look into The Philotic Knight's DeTexturizer project. Alternately, I wrote a Python script for recombining texture files a while back that I've been using again recently and it works great, but it requires some knowledge of Python.

21 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

My pleasure, I only discovered that little trick a little while back myself. As far as re-combining them, your best bet would probably be to look into The Philotic Knight's DeTexturizer project. Alternately, I wrote a Python script for recombining texture files a while back that I've been using again recently and it works great, but it requires some knowledge of Python.

I'm not familiar with Python specifically but I'm sure I can muddle through it. I've played with a few Python scripts a few years back and have work experience in other languages. Really appreciate all the help. It looks like the Detexturizer will do the trick though so ill try that first.

Managed to get everything working, thanks again! Here's my first prototype for modifying the vanilla cursor to try and improve visibility without completely abandoning the look. Once I have ti where I'm happy with it ill make sure its publicly available to anyone who wants it.

coh cursor proto1.png

Edited by Koopak
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1