Share your trick arrow builds

KaizenSoze

TA isn't over the top, but is IS now on par with Time Manipulation and Dark Miasma. All it has is debuffs, but the debuffs work and they work well. Finally. After X number of years. 

I'd place it in the upper rank of support sets, including:

Time Manipulation

Dark Miasma (and even better, Dark Affinity for controllers)

Nature

Cold

Radiation

The thing with Trick Arrow, its not lazy like Time. You have to work for your safety and debuffs. That means, targeting, area awareness, and prioritization. With Time you simiply hit Far Sight every 2 mins, keep Time's Juncture toggled (for -ToHit) and Heal and Debuff as necessary.

Dark plays a LOT like Trick Arrow in that you have to paint your targets with debuffs. But TA lacks Dark's stealth/resists/defense, and it lacks a heal and Uber pet as well. 

The only thing Trick Arrow has is debuffs. So they had better work and work well.

Some primaries will work better with TA than others, of course. I find that Water, Dark and Ice work very very well. (I have just incarnated a TA/Dark and have played with TA/Ice and TA/Water on the test server).

Edited by Force Redux
  • Like 1

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

4 hours ago, Ankhammon said:

TA is possibly over the top now

I actually think it's reasonably well balanced.  We're not playing the "one hero equals three +0 minions" game any more.  The revamp didn't push TA to the point of violating any specialty set's schtick, it just brought the mitigation up to a reasonable level for a set without a heal, and the post-50 contribution up to roughly the same level as the other "good" sets.  And as far as combat efficiency goes, TA's actually slightly weaker with Disruption Arrow and Entangling Arrow carrying the load.  It used to be possible to briefly triple-stack Disruption, then pile Acid's -Res on top of that, so one could have ~5-6 seconds of 80% -Res out of every ~18 seconds, and potentially another 40% from procs in Acid and OSA.  Now, we're hard-limited to 60%, plus procs.  That's a good thing, in respect to keeping the set in check, ensuring that it's balanced in regard to other sets.  TA, in and of itself, isn't god mode, it's just a better tool than it was.

4 hours ago, Ankhammon said:

Still don't like the change on glue arrow away from target based.

/macroimage "TrickArrow_Slow" "Glue Arrow" "powexec_location target Glue Arrow"

or

/bind key "powexec_location target Glue Arrow"

Be aware that it'll be a little fidgety with that macro/bind.  You'll target something 10' away and it'll sometimes give you an Out of Range denial.  Have to manually target and fire when that happens.

I don't like it much either, but it is what it is.  We've endured worse, we'll adapt to this.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I get the balanced thing and you are right.  I just like the whole Hero who has to get the job done by as much skill as by big brawn (think Daredevil and not Thor).

TA took a big step toward Thor this issue.

It's a harrumph I'll deal with.

And thanks for the bind command. I always have to look that junk up.

btw, is Soul's BU still good with flash arrow?

It's as much skill as Dark Miasma... I mean there are way more "easy button" power sets or ATs in the game than TA builds. But to reach their own. I hope you continue to enjoy your hero! 

I had PBU but didn't notice ANY number value changes for Flash Arrow...so...☹️

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

10 hours ago, Ankhammon said:

btw, is Soul's BU still good with flash arrow?

No idea.  Never used it.  On the original servers, I used Dark Mastery on my TA/Dark, so I could stack Dark Pit with Oppressive Gloom if I needed more mitigation.  I've only played one character with access to a boost-type power, an Energy blaster, and after I started playing a Rad/Energy defender, I never leveled the blaster up high enough to play with that power.  But if it worked before, it should work now.

Regarding the potential for TA being overpowered with the revamp:

Ambushes.

I've been running the Croatoa arcs for the last few nights and run into several situations which led to my defeat.  A single ambush neuters my TA/Dark more effectively than mez.  I either can't debuff everything quickly enough to save my skin, or the ambush spawns are too scattered to debuff fully.  Buck Salinger's arc is particularly brutal, with hidden Red Cap ambush spawns, multiple ambushes when objectives are triggered... I just /quit in fury, my head aching from grinding my teeth and blood pressure skyrocketing, after yet another series of ambushes put me face down.

TA, in and of itself, is extremely good now when the player is in complete control of the battlefield.  That can change in a heartbeat.  The moment an ambush spawns, the tables turn and you're in trouble.  And summons which occur after you've debuff, like Red Caps or Council critters despawning and summoning a higher-tier foe, like a Fiend or Warwolf boss, or summons like Master Illusionists calling up their Illusionists, are in the same category as ambushes.  Your "my ToHit debuff is HUGE, son" Flash Arrow doesn't apply to those because they didn't exist at the time you used Flash Arrow.  Your PGA might have expired by the time they pop.  You have a split second to react, then the pain comes rolling over you if you were a little too slow on the draw.

Ambushes (and post-debuff summons) are TA's weakness, and they're a devastating weakness because TA is still reliant on both recharge times and player reaction.  Even if you're maintaining perfect awareness of your surroundings, you're at the mercy of having key powers recharged, you're reliant on being mobile and capable of responding to sudden changes, you're even limited in how you can counter an ambush by where it's coming from (does no good to have a Glue patch or OSA down in front of you, where you're fighting the existing spawn, if the ambush comes from behind and you can't reposition yourself).

As long as there are ambushes and critter summons in the game, TA will never be overpowered.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luminara said:

TA, in and of itself, is extremely good now when the player is in complete control of the battlefield.  That can change in a heartbeat.  The moment an ambush spawns, the tables turn and you're in trouble.  And summons which occur after you've debuff, like Red Caps or Council critters despawning and summoning a higher-tier foe, like a Fiend or Warwolf boss, or summons like Master Illusionists calling up their Illusionists, are in the same category as ambushes.  Your "my ToHit debuff is HUGE, son" Flash Arrow doesn't apply to those because they didn't exist at the time you used Flash Arrow.  Your PGA might have expired by the time they pop.  You have a split second to react, then the pain comes rolling over you if you were a little too slow on the draw.

Ambushes (and post-debuff summons) are TA's weakness, and they're a devastating weakness because TA is still reliant on both recharge times and player reaction.  Even if you're maintaining perfect awareness of your surroundings, you're at the mercy of having key powers recharged, you're reliant on being mobile and capable of responding to sudden changes, you're even limited in how you can counter an ambush by where it's coming from (does no good to have a Glue patch or OSA down in front of you, where you're fighting the existing spawn, if the ambush comes from behind and you can't reposition yourself).

As long as there are ambushes and critter summons in the game, TA will never be overpowered.

I agree with everything Liminara said.

You must have at least decent defense even with TA. Not saying Luminara does not.

My builds still have close or soft cap defense to s/l or ranged. The ITF alone requires it. So, many ambushes, which is what makes it fun.

If you run DA "radios", there are a lot of pop up ambushes.

Carnies are very difficult because of all the pets they summon.

I will note that stealth+celerity stealth does help a lot.

Here's my build! I've grown a bit tired of constantly reaching for Scorpion Shield, excellent power though it may be. Luminara has a great point regarding ambushes/spawns, but I would like to try to lean more on my debuffs for survival than simply floating on native defenses alone. It makes life a little more exciting! Why do I have all of these defensive powers to begin with if not to use them?

The benefit to this approach is I have a little more leeway with slotting and can squeeze a few more damage procs in on important powers like OSA. Having capped S/L resist along with healthy energy resist is nothing to sneeze at either. These are harder to achieve through outside buffs than extra defense, and should layer very well with my debuffs.

The only things I'm not really happy with in this build:

- Since I rely on proactive debuffing to round out my defense, I am more susceptible to mez. But hey, EMP sort of does something useful here...sometimes!

- I might actually have to use Snap shot at times, since I skipped Aimed. With ice arrow, blazing, ranged shot, and even fistful to fill in my ST, this probably won't be much of a problem.

I focused on procs and maxing S/L resist while hitting enough S/L defense for Flash Arrow to roughly softcap me on averagely resistant mobs. Recharge wherever I can, but not at the expense of these.

This is definitely a teaming build. I don't see this standing well in a solo farm without getting overwhelmed, though I'm sure it could go spawn to spawn just fine.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Straight Arrow: Level 50 Natural Defender
Primary Power Set: Trick Arrow
Secondary Power Set: Archery
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(43), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SphIns-%ToHit(43), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Snap Shot -- SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3)
Level 2: Glue Arrow -- TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(A)
Level 4: Fistful of Arrows -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(5), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(37), PstBls-Dam%(37), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40)
Level 6: Ice Arrow -- GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(A), NrnSht-Dam%(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(7), GldNet-Dam%(9), UnbCns-Dam%(9), ImpSwf-Dam%(37)
Level 8: Poison Gas Arrow -- FrtHyp-Acc/Rchg(A)
Level 10: Blazing Arrow -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), GldJvl-Dam%(36), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(36)
Level 12: Acid Arrow -- Acc-I(A), Ann-ResDeb%(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(15), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(15), PstBls-Dam%(17)
Level 14: Entangling Arrow -- TraoftheH-Dam%(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(17), ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(19)
Level 16: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 18: Disruption Arrow -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Explosive Arrow -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21), PstBls-Dam%(23), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(25)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(50)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(27), PstBls-Dam%(27), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(33), TchofLadG-%Dam(33), ImpSwf-Dam%(33)
Level 28: Ranged Shot -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(29), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Apc-Dam%(31), StnoftheM-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Dam%(31)
Level 30: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(34), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(34), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(34), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(46)
Level 35: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(36), HO:Ribo(50)
Level 38: Rain of Arrows -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), JvlVll-Dam%(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40), PstBls-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(42)
Level 44: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(48), Rct-Def(48)
Level 49: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19), Mrc-Rcvry+(46), Prv-Absorb%(46)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(48)
Level 50: Intuition Radial Paragon 
------------

20 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

You must have at least decent defense even with TA. Not saying Luminara does not.

Heh.  Parthenia's +Def is shit.  I refuse to build for soft-capped Def and maxed -ToHit at the same time, it renders one or the other pointless, and I refuse to allow Flash Arrow to be pointless.  I play TA to use TA powers, not to have a bunch of mules for set bonuses so I can run around not using TA powers.  +Def, for me, on my TAs, is extra, not a primary goal.  Just enough to close the gap between Flash Arrow's debuff and the soft cap, and no more.  That allows me to build more well-rounded characters and pursue set bonuses I want, rather than spending my entire slotting budget on mitigation and leaving them weak in a wider variety of ways.

I'm perfectly comfortable with TA having a weakness, and having to live with that weakness in order to build my characters the way I envision them, because I spent years dealing with multiple TA weaknesses and having to find ways to compensate for them.  I just wanted to point out that TA is not god mode, that it does have a hole, just like everything else in the game.  That hole is with certain mechanics, rather than damage types or positions, but it's no less a limiter than other holes in other sets.  If anything, it adds to the game, expanding on what we define as a weakness/hole, and offers the potential for future sets with similarly unconventional weaknesses.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Heh.  Parthenia's +Def is shit.  I refuse to build for soft-capped Def and maxed -ToHit at the same time, it renders one or the other pointless, and I refuse to allow Flash Arrow to be pointless.  I play TA to use TA powers, not to have a bunch of mules for set bonuses so I can run around not using TA powers.  +Def, for me, on my TAs, is extra, not a primary goal.  Just enough to close the gap between Flash Arrow's debuff and the soft cap, and no more.  That allows me to build more well-rounded characters and pursue set bonuses I want, rather than spending my entire slotting budget on mitigation and leaving them weak in a wider variety of ways.

I'm perfectly comfortable with TA having a weakness, and having to live with that weakness in order to build my characters the way I envision them, because I spent years dealing with multiple TA weaknesses and having to find ways to compensate for them.  I just wanted to point out that TA is not god mode, that it does have a hole, just like everything else in the game.  That hole is with certain mechanics, rather than damage types or positions, but it's no less a limiter than other holes in other sets.  If anything, it adds to the game, expanding on what we define as a weakness/hole, and offers the potential for future sets with similarly unconventional weaknesses.

I did say decent, not soft capped. Enough that your Flash Arrow caps at least some positions.

My build style is to run soft capped where possible, so that I feel comfortable in the middle of the scrum.

Just a different in style. Not a hard build rule. 🙂

8 minutes ago, KaizenSoze said:

I did say decent, not soft capped. Enough that your Flash Arrow caps at least some positions.

4/6 Clouded Senses and 18% +Def, or 4/6 Dark Watcher's Despair and 16% +Def is all that takes.  Combat Jumping/Hover + Weave + both 3% +Def (All) IOs nets you everything you need to complement Flash Arrow.

But that really emphasizes what I'm saying - 18% isn't much without Flash Arrow, and if you're waiting for Glue or OSA to recharge, you're going to see a lot more incoming damage when that ambush comes waltzing up from behind, intent on giving you a thorough physical by removing your organs and checking them visually.  TA is pro-active, not reactive or passive, which creates the mechanical hole that other sets don't experience.  They have heals, they have toggles which persist on defeated foes, they have PBAoE Defense/KB/whatever, they have reactive and passive options which help them mitigate damage even when they aren't actively aware of or countering it.

TA is definitely not overpowered.  As long as we're weak to ambushes and summons, we'll never have to worry about nerfs.  The debuff values of every power could be quadrupled and we'd still have that the potential to be squashed like insects on a windshield by an ambush or a critter summoning reinforcements while our key powers are recharging.  Us knowing how to manipulate the game to make TA perform well doesn't equate to TA performing above standard, or above the HC team's expectations.

I'm loving my new build so far! Flash arrow more than adequately bridges the softcap gap, and I feel like I have plenty of battlefield tools to address ambushes and adds as long as I stay focused.

I've even been running ambush heavy AE maps to see how it rolls solo, and it's smooth as butter. Hot butter spattered on a large plate, but still a delight! So far I've only been running X8+2 though, since he's not 50 and fully built (45 so far). We'll see how he fares with mobs that resist flash arrow more strongly later.

I'm still polishing my preferred order of debuffs. Without OSA or Glue arrow, they do tend to start scattering pretty quickly when solo. So far It's usually flash > glue or OSA > acid and disruption > aoe chain.

I usually hold PGA and EMP in reserve for adds or extra mitigation if needed. They aren't often needed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Luminara said:

Heh.  Parthenia's +Def is shit.  I refuse to build for soft-capped Def and maxed -ToHit at the same time, it renders one or the other pointless, and I refuse to allow Flash Arrow to be pointless. 

Idk, i managed to soft-cap S/L def and flash arrow is still pretty well slotted.  Also attacks are pretty well proc'd. It's fun to play but damage is still, even with procs, not that awesome.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25

Rainbowman: Level 50 Natural Defender
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(3), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(3), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SphIns-%ToHit(7)
Level 1: Snap Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Aimed Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(11), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Acc/Dmg(13), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(13)
Level 4: Glue Arrow -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 6: Ice Arrow -- GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(A), UnbCns-Dam%(21), GldNet-Dam%(21), NrnSht-Dam%(23), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(23), ImpSwf-Dam%(25)
Level 8: Poison Gas Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 10: Blazing Arrow -- Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(25), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(27), Apc-Dmg(27), Apc-Dam%(29), GldJvl-Dam%(29)
Level 12: Acid Arrow -- PstBls-Dam%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(31), ShlBrk-%Dam(33), TchofLadG-%Dam(33), AchHee-ResDeb%(43), JvlVll-Dam%(50)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(31), BlsoftheZ-Travel(31)
Level 16: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(33), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 18: Disruption Arrow -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Explosive Arrow -- Rgn-Dmg(A), JvlVll-Dam%(34), PstBls-Dam%(34), ExpStr-Dam%(36), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(36), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(36)
Level 22: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(40)
Level 28: Ranged Shot -- Thn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), StnoftheM-Dam%(42), GldJvl-Dam%(42)
Level 30: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- Lck-%Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(43), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(43)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Rct-ResDam%(45), Rct-Def(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 38: Rain of Arrows -- Ann-ResDeb%(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46), JvlVll-Dam%(46), PstBls-Dam%(46), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 41: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 44: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(50), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 49: Entangling Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Prv-Absorb%(15), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(15), Mrc-Rcvry+(17)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(17), PrfShf-End%(19), PrfShf-EndMod(19)
------------

Edited by brasilgringo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, brasilgringo said:

Idk, i managed to soft-cap S/L def and flash arrow is still pretty well slotted.  Also attacks are pretty well proc'd. It's fun to play but damage is still, even with procs, not that awesome.

20 hours ago, Luminara said:

+Def, for me, on my TAs, is extra, not a primary goal.  Just enough to close the gap between Flash Arrow's debuff and the soft cap, and no more.  That allows me to build more well-rounded characters and pursue set bonuses I want, rather than spending my entire slotting budget on mitigation and leaving them weak in a wider variety of ways.

• 2 weeks later

This is my first crack at a Trick Arrow/Beam Manipulation. I've been on a recent hiatus, haven't played the game in over a month. But I was excited to see the new Mids come out so I made this. How's it look to the veteran TA players? On paper it looks pretty good to me. But I have yet to test it.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 3.0.0.0
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer

Level 49 Magic Defender
Secondary Power Set: Beam Rifle

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Entangling Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3)
Level 2: Flash Arrow -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), CldSns-ToHitDeb(5), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 6: Ice Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(13), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(15), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(15)
Level 8: Poison Gas Arrow -- FrtHyp-Acc/Rchg(A), FrtHyp-Plct%(17), CaloftheS-Heal%(17)
Level 10: Disintegrate -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19), GldJvl-Dam%(21), Dcm-Build%(21)
Level 12: Acid Arrow -- Acc-I(A), PstBls-Dam%(23), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(23), Ann-ResDeb%(25), TchofLadG-%Dam(25), AchHee-ResDeb%(27)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(27)
Level 16: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 20: Lancer Shot -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Apc-Acc/Rchg(31), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(31), Apc-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Dam%(33)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33), Empty(33), Ksm-ToHit+(34)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(34)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(37)
Level 28: Penetrating Ray -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(37), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(39), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 30: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), WntGif-ResSlow(40)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(40), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(42), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(42), Lck-%Hold(42)
Level 35: Piercing Beam -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(43), Bmbdmt-Dam(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45), PstBls-Dam%(45)
Level 38: Overcharge -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(46), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Rgn-Knock%(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(47)
Level 41: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(47), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(49), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(49)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(7), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(11), PrfShf-End%(11), PwrTrns-+Heal(13)
Level 1: Disintegrating 
------------

1 hour ago, Camel said:

first crack at a Trick Arrow/Beam Manipulation.

Welcome back, Camel!

My first impressions:

• I see you went for Scorpion shield and softcap S/L/E. This works fine, but I think the new buffs to flash arrow are a great opportunity to instead take an epic resist shield and rely on Flash arrow to make up the difference. Otherwise it's a bit of wasted potential.
  • I would highly recommending focusing instead on procs in ice arrow. It is a beautiful ST attack when slotted this way. Without procs, it's just a slightly slow ST hold that does neat things in PvP.
  • I would put the Sup Def Bastion in something else ideally. It works okay in OSA, but you are wasting proc potential in OSA, and the accuracy here is largely wasted as well. Personally I drop in in Disintegrate so I can make regular use of the Bastion proc.
  • I don't think PGA really needs anything but base slot, really. This could free up some room for the 6th slot in disintegrate that would be needed for my previous suggestion.
  • I'm guessing the missing IO in Combat Jumping is the resist scaling IO?
  • I like your Piercing Beam slotting.
  • Cutting Beam is a tough skip here. It's your only aoe besides your Nuke. It also has great proc potential, and is an efficient damage dealer with an easy cone. TA positions wherever it wants, so a cone should work fine. I can see why you may have chosen to skip though - the build is tight with strong power picks. The newly buffed TA powers make me want to pick them all as well! Personally, I'd drop superspeed and put the extra slot in CJ for KB protection.
  • As for where else you may find slots - you seem to have focused heavily on recharge here. The new TA doesn't really need recharge that much, as its powers don't stack and they are up every combat anyhow (except EMP and OSA - I generally rotate these). You could probably consolidate your slots a bit on attacks if you aren't chasing these set bonuses. This is worth examining even if you don't need to mine slots for cutting beam. I would prefer a more procced out snipe a vs a recharge bonus.

Overall it's actually a fairly clean build! None of these are fundamental criticisms, but simply a different way I would personally approach this combo.

Here is my TA/A build for reference. A few 1:1 comparisons in the blasts, and of course the primary is the same:

Spoiler

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(43), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SphIns-%ToHit(43), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Snap Shot -- SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3)
Level 4: Fistful of Arrows -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(5), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(37), PstBls-Dam%(37), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40)
Level 6: Ice Arrow -- GhsWdwEmb-Acc/EndRdx(A), NrnSht-Dam%(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(7), GldNet-Dam%(9), UnbCns-Dam%(9), ImpSwf-Dam%(37)
Level 10: Blazing Arrow -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(11), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), GldJvl-Dam%(36), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(36)
Level 12: Acid Arrow -- Acc-I(A), Ann-ResDeb%(13), AchHee-ResDeb%(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(15), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(15), PstBls-Dam%(17)
Level 14: Entangling Arrow -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(17), ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(19)
Level 20: Explosive Arrow -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(21), PstBls-Dam%(23), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(23), FrcFdb-Rechg%(25)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(27), PstBls-Dam%(27), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(33), TchofLadG-%Dam(33), ImpSwf-Dam%(33)
Level 28: Ranged Shot -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(29), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), Apc-Dam%(31), StnoftheM-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Dam%(31)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(34), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(34), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(34), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(46)
Level 38: Rain of Arrows -- SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), JvlVll-Dam%(39), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40), PstBls-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def(42)
Level 44: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19), Mrc-Rcvry+(46), Prv-Absorb%(46)
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Welcome back, Camel!

My first impressions:

• I see you went for Scorpion shield and softcap S/L/E. This works fine, but I think the new buffs to flash arrow are a great opportunity to instead take an epic resist shield and rely on Flash arrow to make up the difference. Otherwise it's a bit of wasted potential.
  • I would highly recommending focusing instead on procs in ice arrow. It is a beautiful ST attack when slotted this way. Without procs, it's just a slightly slow ST hold that does neat things in PvP.
  • I would put the Sup Def Bastion in something else ideally. It works okay in OSA, but you are wasting proc potential in OSA, and the accuracy here is largely wasted as well. Personally I drop in in Disintegrate so I can make regular use of the Bastion proc.
  • I don't think PGA really needs anything but base slot, really. This could free up some room for the 6th slot in disintegrate that would be needed for my previous suggestion.
  • I'm guessing the missing IO in Combat Jumping is the resist scaling IO?
  • I like your Piercing Beam slotting.
  • Cutting Beam is a tough skip here. It's your only aoe besides your Nuke. It also has great proc potential, and is an efficient damage dealer with an easy cone. TA positions wherever it wants, so a cone should work fine. I can see why you may have chosen to skip though - the build is tight with strong power picks. The newly buffed TA powers make me want to pick them all as well! Personally, I'd drop superspeed and put the extra slot in CJ for KB protection.
  • As for where else you may find slots - you seem to have focused heavily on recharge here. The new TA doesn't really need recharge that much, as its powers don't stack and they are up every combat anyhow (except EMP and OSA - I generally rotate these). You could probably consolidate your slots a bit on attacks if you aren't chasing these set bonuses. This is worth examining even if you don't need to mine slots for cutting beam. I would prefer a more procced out snipe a vs a recharge bonus.

Overall it's actually a fairly clean build! None of these are fundamental criticisms, but simply a different way I would personally approach this combo.

Here is my TA/A build for reference. A few 1:1 comparisons in the blasts, and of course the primary is the same:

Reveal hidden contents

Hero Profile:
Level 14: Entangling Arrow -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A), ImpSwf-Dam%(17), ImpSwf-Acc/EndRdx(19)
Level 44: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45)
------------

Here is my second go at it. 

- Went with the Mu Epic for my resist shield, Managed to get S/L/E/N, Melee and Ranged defense to respectable numbers before debuffs are applied.
- Procced out Ice Arrow, looks like it's some good DPA. Not a bad idea. Haven't tested out my ST rotation though. I know TA/Beam (lol let's be real TA/Anything is going to be click heavy)... So I may slot this as a mule like I did previously if my ST rotation is fine without it and the clicking is too much.
- Definitely wasted proc potential. I saw someone else do it and didn't give it any further thought lmao. Slotting is tight... But 74%ish recharge and damage seems okay here. Do my Beam Rifle attacks ignite OSA? What about my fire damage procs?
- I was curious as to whether or not my slotting would work. The heal seemed nice, the placate seemed overkill.
- Yes, for some reason if you slot ATOs, you can't slot Reactive Defenses scaling res IO? It's been doing it to me on my version of Mids.
- Seemed like a nice slotting to me too. Even got that cheeky 5% range bonus lmao.
- It was a tight build, in hindsight, I do need the AoE. OSA recharges a lot slower than I thought and I wouldn't be able to rely on it alone.
- I just like having Hasten as close as possible to perma. Definitely less recharge in this second build, but still a decent amount, naturally.

Slots are really tight. Considering dropping a slot or two from Charged Shield and putting them elsewhere. Not sure what I would put where. Maybe more KB protection, 4 works for me, but 8 is nice. A Kismet wouldn't be a bad idea either, or maybe chasing more recharge in OSA.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 3.0.0.0
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer

Level 49 Magic Defender
Secondary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Power Pool: Concealment

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Entangling Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3)
Level 2: Flash Arrow -- CldSns-ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(5), CldSns-Acc/Rchg(5), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(7), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(7), CldSns-%Dam(9)
Level 6: Ice Arrow -- UnbCns-Dam%(A), GldNet-Dam%(15), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(17), NrnSht-Dam%(17), ImpSwf-Dam%(19)
Level 8: Poison Gas Arrow -- Acc-I(A)
Level 10: Disintegrate -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(23)
Level 12: Acid Arrow -- Acc-I(A), Ann-ResDeb%(25), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(25), PstBls-Dam%(27), TchofLadG-%Dam(27), AchHee-ResDeb%(29)
Level 14: Cutting Beam -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(29), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(31), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(31), PstBls-Dam%(31)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 20: Lancer Shot -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Apc-Acc/Rchg(33), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Apc-Dam%(34)
Level 22: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34), Empty(36), Krm-ResKB(36)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 28: Penetrating Ray -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(37), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), StnoftheM-Dam%(39), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 30: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(40), SprEnt-End/Rchg(42), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(42), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(42)
Level 35: Piercing Beam -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(43), Bmbdmt-Dam(43), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45), PstBls-Dam%(45)
Level 38: Overcharge -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(46), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Rgn-Knock%(46)
Level 41: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 44: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(47), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47), UnbGrd-Max HP%(48)
Level 47: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(49), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(49)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(9), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(13), PrfShf-End%(13), PwrTrns-+Heal(15)
Level 1: Disintegrating 
------------

• Mu epic is a great choice! Easy first tier grab, and good resist totals.
  •  Regardless of your other attacks, Proccy Ice arrow competes even with your Snipe for DPA. I'd think hard before dropping it!
  • Your more austere OSA slotting I think is perfectly fine. I had room for the procs, but this is a reasonable place to siphon slots.
  • I think you'll find the heal from Bastion proc will be plenty  of healing to top you off, especially with the other defender ATO pinging as well.
  • Yes, all of your attacks can ignite OSA, and all fire or energy procs can as well. I usually find Acid arrow ignites mine most of the time.
  • I see a few spare slots in the current mids you linked. I'd throw them at Cutting beam and lancer shot for sure. Maybe OSA procs or acc in ice arrow as well.
  • You are missing some easy defense grabbing stealth instead of Combat jumping. Half of stealth suppresses in combat. Also, sprint stealth proc + flash arrow works for full stealth in a pinch.
  • I don't know that the extra melee defense From UG in charged armor is getting you close to any meaningful numbers. Flash will make up well enough without.  You could turn this into two ribosomes. Throw one extra ribosome into tough, and you still have an extra slot to throw wherever.
  • I think you'll find this is definitely plenty of recharge. Only playing will tell to your taste, though!

• 2 weeks later
On 12/14/2020 at 10:13 AM, Luminara said:

4/6 Clouded Senses and 18% +Def, or 4/6 Dark Watcher's Despair and 16% +Def is all that takes.  Combat Jumping/Hover + Weave + both 3% +Def (All) IOs nets you everything you need to complement Flash Arrow.

But that really emphasizes what I'm saying - 18% isn't much without Flash Arrow, and if you're waiting for Glue or OSA to recharge, you're going to see a lot more incoming damage when that ambush comes waltzing up from behind, intent on giving you a thorough physical by removing your organs and checking them visually.  TA is pro-active, not reactive or passive, which creates the mechanical hole that other sets don't experience.  They have heals, they have toggles which persist on defeated foes, they have PBAoE Defense/KB/whatever, they have reactive and passive options which help them mitigate damage even when they aren't actively aware of or countering it.

TA is definitely not overpowered.  As long as we're weak to ambushes and summons, we'll never have to worry about nerfs.  The debuff values of every power could be quadrupled and we'd still have that the potential to be squashed like insects on a windshield by an ambush or a critter summoning reinforcements while our key powers are recharging.  Us knowing how to manipulate the game to make TA perform well doesn't equate to TA performing above standard, or above the HC team's expectations.

Sorry to necro your post Lumi, but SS+Stealth or Presence line will give you what you would need to make it so you didn't have the  worry too much about that.

Heck my personal favorite to deal with the ambush is Soul Transfer.

1 hour ago, Ankhammon said:

Sorry to necro your post Lumi, but SS+Stealth or Presence line will give you what you would need to make it so you didn't have the  worry too much about that.

Ambushes can still spot your character if you're in combat when they arrive at that location.  Summons typically occur during combat, too, so you're never going to be undetectable to those.  And some ambushes go to the character, not a location, which makes them impossible to hide from (not many, but a few, and they're very annoying for stealth-based characters).

Having a weakness isn't a bad thing.  As I said previously, it's our guarantee that TA can't be regarded as overpowered.  It's also what makes TA more challenging than other sets, and more rewarding when played well.

Since this has my attention, I'll share an alternative TA/Dark build I've been poking at.

Spoiler

Parthenia: Level 50 Magic Defender
Secondary Power Set: Dark Blast
Power Pool: Force of Will
Power Pool: Concealment

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Flash Arrow -- CldSns-ToHitDeb:30(A), CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb:30(3), CldSns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg:30(3), CldSns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:30(5)
Level 1: Dark Blast -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Glue Arrow -- TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow:50(A)
Level 4: Project Will -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(37), Apc-Acc/Rchg:50(39), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(39), Apc-Dam%:50(39)
Level 6: Mighty Leap -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB:10(A)
Level 8: Poison Gas Arrow -- FrtHyp-Sleep/Rchg:50(A), FrtHyp-Acc/Sleep/Rchg:50(9), FrtHyp-Acc/Rchg:50(9), FrtHyp-Sleep/EndRdx:50(11), FrtHyp-Plct%:50(11)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 12: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(40), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(40), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(40), Ksm-ToHit+:10(43)
Level 14: Wall of Force -- Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng:50(A), Dtn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rng:50(15), HO:Centri(15), ExpStr-Dam%:10(27), PstBls-Dam%:20(27), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg:30(29)
Level 16: Tenebrous Tentacles -- Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng:50(A), Artl-End/Rech/Rng:50(17), Range-I:50(17), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg:30(19), PstBls-Dam%:20(19), TraoftheH-Dam%:20(25)
Level 18: Disruption Arrow -- PwrTrns-EndMod:50(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech:50(46), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod:50(46), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End:50(50), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End:50(50), PwrTrns-+Heal:21(50)
Level 20: Night Fall -- SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(21), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(21), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg:30(23), PstBls-Dam%:20(23), JvlVll-Dam%:10(25)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:10(A), GldArm-3defTpProc:10(37)
Level 26: Oil Slick Arrow -- SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(29), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb:50(34), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg:50(34)
Level 28: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx:50(31), RedFrt-Def/Rchg:50(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31), RedFrt-Def:50(43), RedFrt-EndRdx:50(43)
Level 30: Ice Arrow -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold:30(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold:30(48), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(48), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(48)
Level 32: EMP Arrow -- UnbCns-Hold/Rchg:50(A), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(33), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg:50(33), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold:50(33), UnbCns-Dam%:50(34)
Level 35: Life Drain -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg:50(36), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), Heal-I:50(36), Heal-I:50(37)
Level 38: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 41: Web Cocoon -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold:30(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold:30(42), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(42), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:30(42)
Level 44: Summon Disruptor -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg:50(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx:50(45), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(45), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(45), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(46)
Level 47: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 49: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:10(A), Mrc-Rcvry+:20(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:30(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:21(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(5), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed:50(7), SynSck-EndMod:50(7)
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Degenerative Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Control Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Agility Radial Paragon 
------------

This one ticks enough of the boxes for me to consider testing it.  I'm not dissatisfied with my existing build, but the animation and recharge times of TT and NF ensure that there's always a small gap when using those two powers as a complete attack chain.  Wall of Force has the same recharge time as TT and NF, and the same base range as TT, so it's an ideal addition to the chain.  With three cones, I won't have to bother with single-target attacks unless I want to.  Concurrently, the changes I made to my original build allowed me to alter Life Drain's slotting, so it can function as a fully-fledged attack in this build, instead of just a heal, and with Project Will, there's a complete single-target chain as well, so single-target damage output isn't completely reliant on Moonbeam.

Why isn't TT slotted for damage?  Because TT's damage takes too long to deliver.  It's a slow DoT.  The procs are far more effective.

Why is Wall of Force only partially enhanced for damage?  Range is of utmost importance.  TT and WoF need to match NF's range so there's neither a problem with missing foes due to being outside of NF's arc, nor a need to move back and forth to maximize the efficiency of all of the cones.  Pick a spot, park it and spam cones, that's the idea behind using these cones as an attack chain.  With some enhancement for +Damage, Vigilance and a few set bonuses, it's still reaching over 100% +Damage when solo, so it's fine.  And, realistically, the base damage is barely above a third of a proc's damage, so it's not like it's a powerhouse on its own.  The procs do the heavy lifting, the power is the delivery method, same idea behind TT's slotting.

If I'm not concerned with the damage output of TT or WoF, why did I enhance the damage in NF?  NF's DoT is fast, and the range is 60', so there was no reason not to enhance it like a normal attack.

Isn't this going to be expensive?  Eh.  I already have an almost identical build, so it wouldn't be "expensive" unless I'm using my second build on the character.  Respecs aren't even 2 million apiece, so I'd only be spending around 4 million to test it.  If I decide to try it as build #2 instead, it's still not going to cost much because the character is only at level 47, so none of the purples will be necessary yet.  I've got about 300 million to play with on this character, too, and nothing else to do with it (already have everything for the level 50 build), so I might as well spend it on an experiment.  I can always make more inf*.

• Thanks 1

I'm concerned by your lack of Acid Arrow, but it's an interesting build.

One thing you could always do is load the character onto the test server and do a respec there, then you aren't "wasting" any inf.

What this team needs is more Defenders