Sappers for new badge needed

Jacktar

Hello, 

so got all the new badges except as above.

Am looking for some good missions/arcs/TF that I can solo for them sappers please.

Red or Blue no problem.

Just as an aside, two runs of Yin got the 50 Super Stunners, quick and easy.

Needed 3 runs of new mission for the mini protectors, just reset it so not to bad.

Farmed Pandora’s Box part 5 for Warhulks and Jaegers.

The Chantry for the Rularu

Fire base Zulu for the Natterlings

Cheers

I did Operation World Wide Red on x3 and got ~120 in one run and finished at about the halfway point of the next one. There's probably diminishing returns on how much cranking team size helps because of the one per group limit on Sappers, though.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

I posted about this precisely in the Where to Hunt defeat badges guide though I thought about posting here too.
So, for solo, I believe Crimson Hunt red 50 ouroboros arc is the best choice. With a -1×8 setting.

6-19 sappers per 4 minutes run.

I’ll try Operation World Wide Red again. I don’t remember how it looks like.

I believe I agree with your other findings, Jacktar.

I bought a tip mission from the Base Mission Control - Blatantly False Malta Plans. At -1/x8 it had between 7 and 10 per run and took about 3 mins to complete each run just targetting the Sappers with a custom target macro

/macro kill target_name sapper

Nothing more complex is needed.

• Thanks 1

The Kallistiverse COH site:

https://kallistiverse.mardona.com/coh/

Hi guys,

many thanks for all responses and great included info.

Lol I actually printed out that hunting guide about a year ago, but the only hunt I failed was finding out where I did that from when I looked earlier this week to update it. Duh 👍

I ran through the whole Crimson arc as suggested by Placta and at -1/+3 amassed 136 Sappers by the end.

My extra ones came from having to log out a couple of times (weekly server maint and real life) and so redid a a few of the arc missions.

And purely cause my brain is old (Apparently I am the second oldest player ingame that also reads the forums as determined in another thread in General 🧓🏻🧓🏻🤣) I had forgotten to use the target macro but I will certainly now set it up for the remaining 64 Sappers needed.

So thanks again guys, keep safe and enjoy the winter event 🎅🏻🎅🏻🎅🏻

For the Sappers and Zeus titans, practically any Malta mission will work. 

Agent Indigo offers a mission to defuse bombs and save hostages in an office building loaded with malta. Crank up the team size if you want zeus titans also, given that sappers are usually lieutenants you don't need to set team size to 8.  Go through the mission and don't defuse the bombs. Repeat as needed.

OR:

grab some extra break free's and purple insps and farm the Peregrine Island safeguard mission. 

Sappers however have the lowest spawn ratio to the rest of the Malta so regardless of your mission it will take some time to get this.

25 alts with all the badges!

Just my two cents, or inf, as it were: 

I think if you enjoy grinding through malta missions - that's fine. For me - even running at 0/8, I just didn't get that many sappers per mission. Even ignoring all the mobs, zipping through and using a target macro for sappers, the time lost on resetting, etc...for me it just wasn't that much fun, nor did it feel efficient. 

I found that being solo, zipping through RWZ in the Little Round Top Neighborhood, and heading North, with a focus on the West side where there are cliff walls, I was getting about 7-8 every couple of minutes. I think it wouldn't work with a team of 8, or even a team of 3, as they would be slow to respawn with folks camping in the spawn points. But if you're solo, I think it's easier, faster and more efficient. Not only that, if you need Zeus Titans, you'll see a few every few "laps" through the area. 

sapper.jpg

I greatly prefer the PI safeguard mission.   If you have villain slayer badge you can just keep getting it from the contact in Steel. 

Set to full spawn for Zeus if u need em, or keep it at team size 1 as Sappers aren't bosses, just lieutenants.  Get about 8 to 15 per run, complete the mission work safeguard side mission badges, wash rinse repeat.

• Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!