Why were the Echo zone beacons removed from bases?

Flashtoo

24 minutes ago, wjrasmussen said:

I feel like I am the only one who would sometimes choose to go to Galaxy City rather than Atlas Park.

Nah. Screenshots I have of my first character on live are in Galaxy. I liked starting there. And I'd send characters there - granted, mostly to wander around - on occasion still.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:25 PM, Greycat said:

Or, y'know, people put in ideas and questions regardless and people feel free to debate without anyone putting up ultimatums they have no say in executing.

DEVs are pretty clear that they weren't going back on it.

I see no reason to frustrate them with an endless debate, but maybe they are simply ignoring it.

It appears to be done at any rate... I can only hope.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

7 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

DEVs are pretty clear that they weren't going back on it.

I see no reason to frustrate them with an endless debate, but maybe they are simply ignoring it.

It appears to be done at any rate... I can only hope.

"DEVS" are adults who can choose to read it and do what they want.

Seriously, can we *stop* with the "Stop pestering the devs" and "this is a waste of the devs time" responses? The only thing that *is* a waste of time are... those responses. None of *us* have the authority to go through and dictate to the devs what is or is not worthy of their consideration or time. This is the suggestion and feedback forum. It's here for suggestions - whether any other player thinks they're "worth the devs time" or not - and feedback. No *player* is the goalkeeper, "suggestion must meet this criteria before being worthy of being viewed, much less considered or implemented, by the development staff."

If the devs feel pestered by a suggestion or poster? That's what the moderation staff is there for. They can shut down or even hide posts or posters. That's their job, not the job of anyone else here.

If the devs feel something is not worth the team's time or resources? *They won't do it.* And they'll make that decision whether or not any non-dev forum user deems it worthwhile or not.

So, in general - just *stop* with those responses. You (generic forum-goer) are in no position to make that determination, and you have no right or authority to basically tell another forum user "Stupid suggestion, sit down and shut up until I determine which suggestion is worthy of being seen, peasant," which is essentially what this is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

"DEVS" are adults who can choose to read it and do what they want.

Seriously, can we *stop* with the "Stop pestering the devs" and "this is a waste of the devs time" responses? The only thing that *is* a waste of time are... those responses. None of *us* have the authority to go through and dictate to the devs what is or is not worthy of their consideration or time. This is the suggestion and feedback forum. It's here for suggestions - whether any other player thinks they're "worth the devs time" or not - and feedback. No *player* is the goalkeeper, "suggestion must meet this criteria before being worthy of being viewed, much less considered or implemented, by the development staff."

If the devs feel pestered by a suggestion or poster? That's what the moderation staff is there for. They can shut down or even hide posts or posters. That's their job, not the job of anyone else here.

If the devs feel something is not worth the team's time or resources? *They won't do it.* And they'll make that decision whether or not any non-dev forum user deems it worthwhile or not.

So, in general - just *stop* with those responses. You (generic forum-goer) are in no position to make that determination, and you have no right or authority to basically tell another forum user "Stupid suggestion, sit down and shut up until I determine which suggestion is worthy of being seen, peasant," which is essentially what this is.

Not to mention this thread was never about demanding we get the beacons back - it was about asking for a real reason they had to be removed. That's not the same thing.

• Like 2

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

They did add sixteen new portals and beacons.  It's entirely possible the echoes will return after they've had some time to work on UI stuff (they mentioned a few times wanting to change the location listings to tabbed, to not be an overwhelming number of zones).  

I don't really fault them for removing the ones that didn't make a lot of sense.  

I have a character trapped in echo shards; has leveled exclusively using echo zones and, aside for having to break character to visit the P2W, I've only used a sparse base with nothing but strange portals leading to said echoes for travel.  It sucks to have lost them for that character, but luckily she's at a point in her story where Ouroboros has made themselves known.