Grant All ATs Power of Black Scorpion in Barracuda SF

Apparition

I suggest granting all archetypes the Power of Black Scorpion temporary power in the Barracuda Strike Force, instead of just Defenders and Masterminds.  The Barracuda SF is the only content in the game which currently requires a specific AT in order to complete it.  Not even the Lady Grey TF requires a specific AT, only specific roles which multiple ATs can accomplish.

Due to the restriction of needing a Mastermind or Defender to complete the Barracuda SF, it has to be the least run Strike Force in the game by far.  I feel like a heel whenever I want to run the SF, because I do not have a Mastermind nor a Defender.

• Like 1

You can do it without the temps, but it's a PITA.  Especially since HC unlocks task forces for teams of any size, I agree it would be really nice to have more flexibility on which ATs can access which temps.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

The comparison of Cuda to Kahn is just such bullshit. I mean..that they were 'apparently' designed with a similar challenge level.

It was even worse back before Incarnates (I think it came out after IOs had been around a bit), and the lack of level shifts, destiny, judgement nukes, and super dps incarnate pets just made that last fight an utter utter slog. I ran in a few times, with teams of 3-6 corrs, an MM and brute, and it still was so slow. Not to mention the retarded never ENDING ambushes that pile in.

Sure..everyone gets the buffs, from the 4 patrons, but all bar BS's are basically shit (like rech and end drain resist? really?).

Compared to Kahn, with a solo sack of HP to fight? Wtf?

Honestly, both versions of redside TFs (STF to RSF, Kahn to Cuda) both feel like watered down hero pandering, with both blueside versions an order of magnitude easier. Admittedly, that was worse before side switching, but even so, red side gets shafted. Again.

1 hour ago, Puma said:

What about just the addition of an NPC ally for that last mission that actually has the power attached to them via a PBAoE? 

At that point you might ask, why even bother with the Phase power for Reichsman?

If it were my way, I'd ditch that part altogether. Reichsman is already a laborious battle, and while I can appreciate the attempt to create an 'epic' boss battle, it falls woefully short of that. Make the Mastermind/Defender temps just completely nuke his Resistance, Defence & Regen for a short time.

But, as is usual, someone will be here to say that actually that's their most favourite thing in all of CoX and it's removal would be killing the game for them so y'know 🙄

• Like 2

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

8 minutes ago, AerialAssault said:

But, as is usual, someone will be here to say that actually that's their most favourite thing in all of CoX and it's removal would be killing the game for them so y'know 🙄

Probably the same people that enjoyed fighting Yiazmat in Final Fantasy 12.  All 6+hours of it.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Did the taskforce yesterday without a defender or mastermind. We had 1 Tank, 1 Brute, 2 Blasters, 1 Veat, 2 Sentinels, and 1 Corruptor.  

How were you able to prevent his Phasing?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AerialAssault said:

At that point you might ask, why even bother with the Phase power for Reichsman?

If it were my way, I'd ditch that part altogether. Reichsman is already a laborious battle, and while I can appreciate the attempt to create an 'epic' boss battle, it falls woefully short of that. Make the Mastermind/Defender temps just completely nuke his Resistance, Defence & Regen for a short time.

This would work as well.  Regardless, something needs to be done with the Barracuda SF to make it easier to run, as red side already has a shortage of SFs compared to blue side.

Any ideas, @Piecemeal ?

6 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

To be honest, didn't really even notice him phasing through the fight, mind you I was also drinking a beer and watching The Waterboy on Vudu at the same time.

Now, I don't want to assume anything, but are you sure you were doing Barracuda Strike Force?

I only ask because Reichsman's Phasing in that Strike Force is, as far as I'm aware, unstoppable without the presence of a Defender or Mastermind. When he gets to 50% he will, without fail, become Phased and rapidly regenerate all of his health, unless one of those two AT's disables it. I don't believe there is a limit to the amount of times they can do it so I am curious to know how it could be possible to defeat them without disabling their Phase.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AerialAssault said:

Now, I don't want to assume anything, but are you sure you were doing Barracuda Strike Force?

I only ask because Reichsman's Phasing in that Strike Force is, as far as I'm aware, unstoppable without the presence of a Defender or Mastermind. When he gets to 50% he will, without fail, become Phased and rapidly regenerate all of his health, unless one of those two AT's disables it. I don't believe there is a limit to the amount of times they can do it so I am curious to know how it could be possible to defeat them without disabling their Phase.

Barracuda, lvl 45+ Grandville contact, final mission lead all of Recluses LT's to be sacrificed and then beat the shit out of Reichsman. Yes that would be the one. Maybe we got lucky and either he didn't use his phase, or something else occurred. Like I said I was watching The Waterboy also at the time, but no Defenders or MM's.

1 minute ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Barracuda, lvl 45+ Grandville contact, final mission lead all of Recluses LT's to be sacrificed and then beat the shit out of Reichsman. Yes that would be the one. Maybe we got lucky and either he didn't use his phase, or something else occurred. Like I said I was watching The Waterboy also at the time, but no Defenders or MM's.

Possibly.

Sorry if it seems like I'm hyper-focussing on this one, tiny aspect of the game. The only scenario I can imagine in my head is if sufficient -Regen was applied to halt their healing through the Phase, and then he didn't use it again afterwards. I won't press any further though, at the end of the day it's one encounter out of many.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Black Zot said:

Said ally would either be invulnerable or die to the masses of ambush spawns.

You could always take the Desdemona approach and make keeping said ally alive between waves so you can kill Reichsman part of the fun. 😉