Knockback to Knockdown slotting

Ohsirus

Spent about a week in MIDs working on my Tri-Form WS build and I think I have as near a perfect power/slotting for my style of play (All Forms Balanced), but it pains me how I had to sacrifice some vital set bonuses by having to include the KB/KD IOs. I really wish we could get a KB/KD global IO for those of us that would like to eliminate KB all together.

Edited by Ohsirus
  • Like 2

Use positioning. No need to sacrifice anything.

I'd hate to see a global IO like that, personally.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Use positioning. No need to sacrifice anything.

I'd hate to see a global IO like that, personally.

Solo you can do such things as positioning, but in teams your position might not be in-line with every one else. If there are people like yourself who are against a global IO, I could settle for a P2W buff option.

Edited by Ohsirus

Positioning works in teams as well. Even fast moving ones. You can knock things *into* the team as well.

And I'm frankly even less fond of a P2W buff option. People need to learn to use, and live with, knockback, not open up doors for asshats to insist you "have to" take that IO or a P2W nerf for the 'honor' of teaming with them.

Only had that happen twice. Once (ITF,) they found "hey, it works pretty well, actually." The other, they kept insisting and making comments before the missions even started, so I pretty much gave them an F off and left.  I don't want to empower *people* like that.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 12/17/2020 at 12:11 PM, Ohsirus said:

Spent about a week in MIDs working on my Tri-Form WS build and I think I have as near a perfect power/slotting for my style of play (All Forms Balanced), but it pains me how I had to sacrifice some vital set bonuses by having to include the KB/KD IOs. I really wish we could get a KB/KD global IO for those of us that would like to eliminate KB all together.

Out of curiosity, what are you missing?  I can only think of 3 “core” tri-form powers that need KD slotting - Nova Detonation, Gravitic, and Quasar. Personally, I have those slotted with Kheld Grace, boosted IOs (only 4 slotted), and Oblit, respectively. As a tri, the 6th bonus from Grace is nothing, yea the loss of Def from Oblit sucks, but I’m satisfied with what I have.

Obviously I’m not a purple-set min/maxer though, so I’m sure your build specifics make a big difference. 

1 hour ago, dtj714 said:

Out of curiosity, what are you missing?  I can only think of 3 “core” tri-form powers that need KD slotting - Nova Detonation, Gravitic, and Quasar. Personally, I have those slotted with Kheld Grace, boosted IOs (only 4 slotted), and Oblit, respectively. As a tri, the 6th bonus from Grace is nothing, yea the loss of Def from Oblit sucks, but I’m satisfied with what I have.

Obviously I’m not a purple-set min/maxer though, so I’m sure your build specifics make a big difference. 

I was trying to work some Def into my build without a whole rework. Lol, I ended up doing a whole rework and think I have a nice balance now for my playstyle. Rob from Peter to pay Paul slotting.

• 1 month later

Just double checking, Dark Nova Emanation has no knockback but can accept KB IOs?

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 12/17/2020 at 9:11 AM, Ohsirus said:

Warshade Tri-former here, before Tri-forming was cool 😋

I earner my epic slot the hard way on live, so, plenty of Kheldian experience...

The only power you need the KB to KD io in, is your human form nuke. All squid blasty powers, you'll be hovering up, so the trajectory causes vectored knock, meaning they knock into the ground. This is positioning.

Black Dwarf doesn't KB. No issue there.

If you're truly Tri-forming, human form has no slots in any attacks, save ebon eye and nuke, as mentioned above. All human buffs/summons, no KB.

So, you need exactly one io in nuke. If you have more than that... Bear hug Mids again.

2 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Warshade Tri-former here, before Tri-forming was cool 😋

I earner my epic slot the hard way on live, so, plenty of Kheldian experience...

The only power you need the KB to KD io in, is your human form nuke. All squid blasty powers, you'll be hovering up, so the trajectory causes vectored knock, meaning they knock into the ground. This is positioning.

Black Dwarf doesn't KB. No issue there.

If you're truly Tri-forming, human form has no slots in any attacks, save ebon eye and nuke, as mentioned above. All human buffs/summons, no KB.

So, you need exactly one io in nuke. If you have more than that... Bear hug Mids again.

I played Khelds from launch till sunset, but back then the KB just didnt seem to matter as much, think everyone looked at it as a form of control as the game was still a city of heroes and not a city of IO'd out Gods who frown on anything slowing their arrests. I don't hover blast often in Nova as I'm usually too busy buffing/AOEing/Eclipsing all in Melee range and don't care for my arrests to knock away from my pile of bodies. Since I do include AOEs in my mix, I include one slot for the KB/KD IO which cuts off a IO set.

1 hour ago, Ohsirus said:

I played Khelds from launch till sunset, but back then the KB just didnt seem to matter as much, think everyone looked at it as a form of control as the game was still a city of heroes and not a city of IO'd out Gods who frown on anything slowing their arrests. I don't hover blast often in Nova as I'm usually too busy buffing/AOEing/Eclipsing all in Melee range and don't care for my arrests to knock away from my pile of bodies. Since I do include AOEs in my mix, I include one slot for the KB/KD IO which cuts off a IO set.

A well built triform will usually only nova in human form attacks, as there will be no slots left over, thus, only one kb io. All buffs from human do not kb.

So, again, you shouldn't be kb io slotting anything but nuke, for a Tri-former.

I generally would agree, the only power that really requires kb conversion is Quasar. Maybe Nova Detonation if it really irks you.

I don't pay attention to KB whiners much but I also don't recall the last time I was on a team where KB really negatively impacted how quickly we were nuking every spawn back to back.
I think the issue is overblown to be honest. Everything dies so quickly nowadays. 

3 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

A well built triform will usually only nova in human form attacks, as there will be no slots left over, thus, only one kb io. All buffs from human do not kb.

So, again, you shouldn't be kb io slotting anything but nuke, for a Tri-former.

I see what you did. I don't think there is a firm blue print for Tri-Form. Prior to Incarnates, IOs, and the ability to +5 your enhancements, slotting was extremely tight (still a shuffle), but my Tri-Form is built to leave no form behind.

Edited by Ohsirus