Cauterizing aura breaking stealth with invisibility on

Olly

i27 patch says: "Cauterizing Aura

• If you are concealed (from Stealth or a similar power) this power will not impact foes unless you are in combat (it will no longer accidentally break stealth)"

Bug:

I just ran a numina tf on my fire/fire blaster with others where i had invisibility and cauterizing aura on. the dot proc'd and broke stealth through several missions. No other primary or secondary powers on, 

Screenshot 2020-12-21 223043 - Copy.jpg

12 hours ago, Six-Six said:

did you have any damaging procs in Cauterising Aura? 

This. Procs are completely separate from the power they're slotted in with regard to the damage they do; Cauterizing Aura itself didn't alert the mobs, but a proc would apply damage if it goes off and trigger them.

15 hours ago, Six-Six said:

did you have any damaging procs in Cauterising Aura? 

no. I have 6-slot power transfer. also no damage procs -- what you see on my screen grab is what was on. Cauterizing Aura's power info indicates a small damage dot. I think that's what caused the problem.

Edited by Olly

2 hours ago, Olly said:

no. I have 6-slot power transfer. also no damage procs -- what you see on my screen grab is what was on. Cauterizing Aura's power info indicates a small damage dot. I think that's what caused the problem.

Have you tried to remove the proc to see if you still have the issue? You might be right that there is a bug, but the bug might be in that proc. Not sure how procs like that work, but if it is somehow flagged to notify mobs, it could be the root cause.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

10 hours ago, Six-Six said:

Not sure if PT's Chance to Heal counts, I doubt it though. Another mechanic is your stealth radius vs the mob's perception radius. If the difference is too small (not sure what the exact amount is) then they will see through your stealth.

I've used invisibility to run through these mobs before np (of course back then I turned Cauterizing Aura off). I'll remove the proc and see what happens then.

Edit: Ok, I did Numina again. This time, no issues save for the "Locate Scout" mission; which are nemesis and makes sense that they see me due to some mobs having enhanced perception. I did it with the Power Transfer proc slotted -- no build changes from when I last had issues. My best guess is that I had a teammate who had poorer stealth stats and/or a damage proc running and thus were aggroing the mobs, which in turn broke my invisibility stealth aura. And it was NOT cauterizing aura bugging out. I will continue to test and keep an eye out for future Numina runs, but it seems that might be the likeliest situation.

Edited by Olly