The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Lady Gray TF

JesterCanuck

Playing weekly with four friends, doing TF runs. We just hit cap but have generally been steamrolling through content pretty reliably, and playing at a high difficulty consistently. 

This TF just flattened us.

No matter what we did, we couldn't take out the healing mitocondria. Or even significantly damage them. We even dropped things down to difficulty +0 and still couldn't deal enough damage to them to overcome their healing.

Looking at guides, you need to hold them and slow their healing. But we only have the one dominator with a single target hold and no group holds. Is it possible to win? Or do we need a full group of 8 with a couple controllers with great AoE holds?

39 minutes ago, JesterCanuck said:

Playing weekly with four friends, doing TF runs. We just hit cap but have generally been steamrolling through content pretty reliably, and playing at a high difficulty consistently. 

This TF just flattened us.

No matter what we did, we couldn't take out the healing mitocondria. Or even significantly damage them. We even dropped things down to difficulty +0 and still couldn't deal enough damage to them to overcome their healing.

Looking at guides, you need to hold them and slow their healing. But we only have the one dominator with a single target hold and no group holds. Is it possible to win? Or do we need a full group of 8 with a couple controllers with great AoE holds?

You should be able to do it with the one crowd control type.  

A couple other techniques is slotting blistering cold in a fast spamming attack - that set has a hold proc.

Plasmatic taser can hold also - spamming that could work.

There may be a couple other tricks I haven't heard of.

In this season of winter joy, there is the "Golden Rings" temp power as well.

This is not to single out one character on the TF, but if the Dominator only had one hold (single-target) on a LGTF... poor build choices may have something to do the struggle. Many attacks across AT include an element of 'hard' control, and several AT explicitly include hard controls in the primary/secondary.

You don't need AoE holds on the healing mitos. Everyone should be attacking the same target. Dom should be spamming the ST hold and everyone else attacking. If you need more holds, you can go to the P2W vendor and get the Taser Dart origin power (which is a ST hold).

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

People have soloed the Lady Grey task force with just one standard hold on a 16s base recharge (not Dominator/Controller), provided said hold is slotted with 3 hold / 3 rech and the build has a decent amount of global recharge.

A Dominator has roughly 400% as much holding power. Their ST hold recharges twice as fast, and holds for double the magnitude during Domination. It's not exactly 4x because you're bound to animation time to an extent. But the point being, there is ample leeway and even a Dominator on SOs should be able to do it, with the support of his teammates.

Said support being, basically, make sure you draw all Hamidon / mito aggro away from the Dominator so he can do his thing. If the incoming damage gets too much, you can buy Essence of the Earth inspirations on the auction house to help you.

You guys can definitely do it!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JesterCanuck said:

This is why it is useful for non-Controllers/Dominators to diversify their builds a little and include some sort of CC (preferably a single target hold). 

Stacking mez is useful in almost any situation where you aren't just roflstomping minions & lieutenants all the time. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LiquidBandage said:

This is why it is useful for non-Controllers/Dominators to diversify their builds a little and include some sort of CC (preferably a single target hold). 

Stacking mez is useful in almost any situation where you aren't just roflstomping minions & lieutenants all the time. 

This.  This is why my blasters usually take one of the ancillary pools that has a hold (if they don't already have a hold).  On teams or soloing, having just ONE hold can make a big difference.  On a side note, some of the hold IO sets have really good set bonuses.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Okay, to out myself, I was the dominator.

Ice Control and Icy Assault. I was dropping Block of Ice as fast as possible, but my other hold (Glacier) is PBAoE and does nothing to the flying mitos. 

Proccing Domination didn't seem to be a real option, as it only recharges with prolonged combat. It would be good for one and then nothing. 

The entire group wailed on the mito and it's health didn't even flicker. Despite being a L45-50 TF, it was shrugging us off like it was a L50+ TF designed for people stacked with IOs.