Glossy chest symbols.

captainstar

Well, we do have a few chest (and other) items that glow, but no symbols. I don't know if there's any technical reason not to. If there isn't, I'm for it. Honestly it would help with other items as well - like if you wanted a stripe that glowed down the side of the (regular) bottoms, versus the specific set of pants that does it.

• Like 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Hmm. Just thinking of this, you'd have to add a whole new submenu and probably do glow/base and base/glow and glow/glow of the symbols. Though two glowing parts might not look good.

And I'd want to have some of them hovering over the chest area like the Green Lantern symbol is nowadays.

Isn't the spectrum body options basically the glow ability?

Edited by arthurh35353
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 8:09 AM, arthurh35353 said:

Hmm. Just thinking of this, you'd have to add a whole new submenu and probably do glow/base and base/glow and glow/glow of the symbols. Though two glowing parts might not look good.

And I'd want to have some of them hovering over the chest area like the Green Lantern symbol is nowadays.

Isn't the spectrum body options basically the glow ability?

If the work were done to add a submenu for glowing textures, the added benefit would be the potential implementation of a whole slew of other textures. Not only could you switch between flat or metallic options, but glowing, lava, that cosmic starfield thing. And an added bonus? You know all those times your desired costume looks a bit off because some textures shade a color differently than others? Never have to deal with that again!

• Like 2

It could be done with the technology available, the only problem would be the tedium of implementing it. Each emblem would have to have its own glowing variant made individually, then added to the tailor menus individually for every different costume type that allows emblems. I am told that editing the tailor menus is a bitch and a half, too, so I don't envy whoever would get THAT job for the number of emblems we have available.

That said, it would be pretty damn cool.

• Like 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

On 1/23/2021 at 9:45 PM, Keovar said:

Oh, and many symbols don’t display properly on anything which isn’t skin tight,  A lot of jackets make their chest details float off the jacket or partially sink into it. 

As long as we're dreaming, that would be a wonderful fix... give chest details a slider that makes them stick out a bit further (or maybe pulls them back in slightly, in the case of the "jewel").

On 1/23/2021 at 10:45 PM, Keovar said:

A texture mod can be done client-side so if we have some artists who want to update stuff and put collections of updates on CoHModder, maybe some would be popular enough to be adopted as the standard.  

I think that goes back to the low original rez textures that really need to upscaled by at least 2x, which could introduce unintended lag if suddenly we started quadrupling all of our character textures.