Evilest Vilest Nastiest Red Side Story Arcs.

Snarky

Having moved on from Character Generation (I picked a Grav/Dark Dominator) I am now seeking reminders of the sickest story arcs Redside.  I will not be doing every Redside arc.  In fact I will be avoiding some deliberately.  I am not creating an errand boy or even a supervillain.  This is the kind of character who seeks out missions where you kidnap Paragon citizens to deliver then (alive) to the Vahzilok for organ harvesting.  Just to hear them scream.  I mean sure, getting paid is okay, but there has to be something more to life. Right?

So, please refresh my memory.  I have had some good suggestions from my original thread.  

"Peter Themari's Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge arc.

Cap au Diable.  Level 10 to 15.

Failing the final mission intentionally is more evil than succeeding."

"Westin Phipps...torture, crushing peoples spirits, tasty..."

"Johnny Sonata's arc starts of with you kidnapping someone so he can force himself on her. It ends with something that can be either hollowing or satisfying, depending on your character's stake in the matter. "

"Jezebel Jones' arc, which is about kidnapping a woman for Johnny Sonata."

THese are some of the suggestions I have so far.  Really appreciate them.  I look forward to getting my evil on.

Different mission, but it is kind of where this whole idea came from.  I just soloed every arc Redside on my main.  The mission where I kidnapped and dropped off living Paragon citizens with the Vahzilok....it was....just something that stayed with me.  So, I was like....What if I had a character that lived for those arcs?   And here we go....

• Thanks 1

I'm guessing you might know this already, but the specific mission of rounding up citizens and handing them to the Vahzilok is one of Dmitri Krylov's missions (Cap, 10-14), but it's probably his only one that I'd categorize that way and the rest of his missions are the exact type of grunt work for someone else that you said in the other thread you don't really care for.

Most of the others I know off the top of my head were already mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, siolfir said:

I'm guessing you might know this already, but the specific mission of rounding up citizens and handing them to the Vahzilok is one of Dmitri Krylov's missions (Cap, 10-14), but it's probably his only one that I'd categorize that way and the rest of his missions are the exact type of grunt work for someone else that you said in the other thread you don't really care for.

Most of the others I know off the top of my head were already mentioned.

I had long forgotten the contact.  That is not how my mind organizes things.  So thank you.  I may need to run a few errands for Krylov until he spits out the good mission!

1 hour ago, Snarky said:

Different mission, but it is kind of where this whole idea came from.  I just soloed every arc Redside on my main.  The mission where I kidnapped and dropped off living Paragon citizens with the Vahzilok....it was....just something that stayed with me.  So, I was like....What if I had a character that lived for those arcs?   And here we go....

I did the vigilante-to-villain tips cause I realized I'd never done that before.  Some of the mission were... disturbing, and I had to stop a couple times.  It is similar to the hero-to-vigilante missions, but now you've just given up worrying if innocent folks get hurt.  If you start red side, you start evil without cause.  If you go hero-to-vigilante-to-villain, you take the character down the slippery slope.  I stopped liking the character by the end.

It's similar to some Pretoria arcs, where your decisions become more and more questionable.  Characters that started here, made icky choices, and ended up villain - these are the characters that feel really bad to me.  Vigilante-to-villain... worse of the worst.

On 1/27/2021 at 4:30 PM, Snarky said:

"Johnny Sonata's arc starts of with you kidnapping someone so he can force himself on her. It ends with something that can be either hollowing or satisfying, depending on your character's stake in the matter. "

As I pointed out in the original thread, the Johnny Sonata thing isn't the start of his arc, it's the start of Jezebel Jones' arc.  She is the contact, although you are kidnapping someone for Johnny Sonata, but it's through him having hired Jezebel to make sure the job gets done (via the player being called in to do the dirty work).  Her arc, I believe starts around level 30.

Johnny Sonata has his own missions where he is the contact, and I believe they begin at level 35... and have nothing to do with the kidnapping someone for him to force himself on.