Thinking about WM/FA

fitzsimmons

Yeah, I'm thinking about it but I don't know if I roll it as a brute or a scrapper.  It'd probably be a toon I take fold space on for the burn and juicy WM attacks.

I don't need help with a build, I can figure all that out but curious about opinions on scrapper or a brute for this combination.

Just how glorious are WM crits vs a an enraged brute blindly hitting everything in his path?

Thanks,
Dave

FA always seems to work better on a Brute or Tanker. War Mace and most attack sets will probably perform better on a Scrapper. Brute seems like the right compromise to me, but a lot of that hinges on Brutes not having to deal with running mobs as much as Scrappers.

• Like 1

Beaten to the statement but yeah, your powerset choices have merits on both sides of the fence.

Crits are a beautiful thing but then not having to deal with runners is not just a plus for annoyance sake but the more things attacking you the more Fury you build and the more damage your attacks and damage auras deal. 

Like Dark Dove, I would probably lean more Brute on this one.

WM/Rad is very good on a Scrapper particularly. Rad Therapy has a 100% regen buff that other AT's don't get, so you're incentivized to fill it up with damage procs and fire it off every time it's up. Meltdown gives a higher damage buff, and Ground Zero with procs is really strong. War Mace's ability to slot several Force Feedback procs and +rech debuff aura in rad makes recharging your proc nukes fast, and Crowd Control remains a staple.  Probably my favorite scrapper set combination currently.  Crunchy good ST damage, big time AoE damage and highly survivable, pretty easy to get high resists and softcap S/L/M def (not to mention built-in aura with -tohit) with a backbone of regeneration and absorb as mitigation, plus infinite endurance, it's crazy. If you're set on playing a Scrapper, this is a good route to pick.

Awesome, thanks Dove.  Rad is one of my favorite armor sets, also packs on the damage with meltdown, musculuture and assault.  I wasn't aware of those scrapper specific benefits but am aware of the power of proccing those powers.

The information will certainly help others as well.

I'm glad I posted this, kinda led me to a better outcome.

Thanks,
Dave

34 minutes ago, Sovera said:

With a Scrapper burn will make enemies run off. I did the WM and Fire combo on a Tanker and it was unimpressive though.

Tankers don't get Fury (extra damage for being attacked/making attacks).

I am not saying I think WM/FA is going to be god's gift to any AT but there should be a noticeable difference between its performance on a Tanker and a Brute or Scrapper.

1 minute ago, Erratic1 said:

Tankers don't get Fury (extra damage for being attacked/making attacks).

I am not saying I think WM/FA is going to be god's gift to any AT but there should be a noticeable difference between its performance on a Tanker and a Brute or Scrapper.

Brute do get a bit more ST damage so the showing will be better on one. But we are talking a 10% ish better showing. It won't really be something we can notice with the naked eye.

7 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Brute do get a bit more ST damage so the showing will be better on one. But we are talking a 10% ish better showing. It won't really be something we can notice with the naked eye.

Fury should also increase the damage from the damage aura. Granted, that is not going to be a major thing.

Edited by Erratic1

Put avalanche knockdown into your burn on a scrapper. You should be able to kill off most things before they get up to flee. 

Sometimes hilarity will ensure and the proc will stack rapidly and launch an enemy or two across  the way.