Another MM command: Attack my present target

MsSmart

HI:

I have several MMs by now and they are ok, I find them truly to be a relatively mediocre class with a lot of overhead to boot. Thus in my opinion, they need a little re-work.

I have found the hardest part of an MM is keeping my pets together to keep them buffed and healed, many IOs that makes the pets less vulnerable requires me to be in very near proximity of them, which often is not very good for the MM itself for they are in the area of AOEs mainly and get pelted by them.

It is particularly hard, while trying to manage them, that when I want all to attack a new target, I have to very quickly select the new target and command them all to attack it; I know 2 clicks away roughly, but in those 2 clicks, they always manage to scatter all over the place get aggroe, and despite of the order to attack a new target, they behave in a stubborn manner. And before I know it, since they ran outside of  my buff range, they die.

It would be nice, if a command button, would simply be Attack My Target, and they attack the target I am currently targeted, and then automatically change targets when I change my target, even if they have not killed the one I had them attacking. This way I have better control and ability to keep my forces buffed and healthy.

Also I would appreciate since I am essentially forced to go in with my pets, that the ability to share damage received with my pets be present regardless of pet mode.

I been benchmarking my pets' damage, and between all of them they roughly correspond to a superior damage attack, which is very mediocre when considering their slow rate of attack. Have yu all done any benchmarking on pet damage performance? Would love to hear your experiences.

hugs

Sue

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MsSmart said:

Also I would appreciate since I am essentially forced to go in with my pets, that the ability to share damage received with my pets be present regardless of pet mode.

Not this one though, this'll never happen and isn't necessary anyway.

As someone who uses the Attack My Target command a lot, I could totally get on board with it staying "toggled on" so to speak and my pets are consistently attacking whichever target I have. Would be a really nice QoL for beasts too since they're more of a single target set, though potentially problematic with tab targeting, but I would learn to adjust.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

2 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

As someone who uses the Attack My Target command a lot, I could totally get on board with it staying "toggled on" so to speak and my pets are consistently attacking whichever target I have.

The existing command shouldn't be changed to a toggle that forces you into a playstyle.  It should be a double click or a new command added.

I frequently target my bots (by type) on different targets and am often scanning the enemy group to see where to next concentrate my fire.  Changing the existing command to a (default) toggle would break the flow of my style and those of other MM's who are very active and who've mastered the art of managing their pets.  (Well, I'm more of a recently graduated apprentice starting as a journeyman, but you get the point.  Effort should be rewarded.)

I'm also somewhat wary of such a change.  Granted, MM's have a punishing learning curve and little flattening might not hurt...  But that learning curve is also the price of having a one-toon-team.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

2 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

The existing command shouldn't be changed to a toggle that forces you into a playstyle.  It should be a double click or a new command added.

I frequently target my bots (by type) on different targets and am often scanning the enemy group to see where to next concentrate my fire.  Changing the existing command to a (default) toggle would break the flow of my style and those of other MM's who are very active and who've mastered the art of managing their pets.  (Well, I'm more of a recently graduated apprentice starting as a journeyman, but you get the point.  Effort should be rewarded.)

I'm also somewhat wary of such a change.  Granted, MM's have a punishing learning curve and little flattening might not hurt...  But that learning curve is also the price of having a one-toon-team.

Fair enough. More options for things is usually better, and you're right, in this case it would make more sense to have this suggestion be a separate option.

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

6 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

I'm confused as to how it would "force" one into anything if it's a deliberate choice amongst various other selectable choices that do different things. If this addition didn't work for you as an expert (though I wouldn't be hampered) I would think you would just keep doing what you did before. Maybe you could elaborate that one a bit more. 

9 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

I'm also very wary of power creep regarding MMs (you should see the insanity of the suggestions on some of my threads) but exactly because this command is something that might be a separate, and not complementary style of play for some MMs as I believe you were saying earlier...it should be fine balance wise.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Monos King said:

I'm confused as to how it would "force" one into anything if it's a deliberate choice amongst various other selectable choices that do different things. If this addition didn't work for you as an expert (though I wouldn't be hampered) I would think you would just keep doing what you did before. Maybe you could elaborate that one a bit more. 

The poster I replied to made a suggestion that could be read as replacing the existing click (attack this and keep attacking until you or it are dead or I give you a new command) with a toggle (attack whatever I'm currently looking at, which equates to a new command every time I shift focus).  Either they're attacking (en masse) where you're currently looking or (if they're in an aggressive mode but not commanded to attack) they're attacking whatever the game's internal AI tells them to attack.  (It would also be really easy to aggro multiple groups if your cursor accidentally locks on that other spawn down the hall...)  Hence replacing the command (taking away individual targeting) is very limiting in terms of playstyle.

I mean, I can't be the only MM that multitasks...  Can I?

Hence my suggestion is to do exactly as you say - make it available but optional.  Either with a double click on the existing command, or (preferably) as an entirely new command.  (The latter will be easier as it can be assigned to a key, etc...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

17 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Hence my suggestion is to do exactly as you say - make it available but optional.  Either with a double click on the existing command, or (preferably) as an entirely new command.  (The latter will be easier as it can be assigned to a key, etc...)

Gotcha, totally agree.

17 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

The poster I replied to made a suggestion that could be read as replacing the existing click (attack this and keep attacking until you or it are dead or I give you a new command) with a toggle (attack whatever I'm currently looking at, which equates to a new command every time I shift focus).  Either they're attacking (en masse) where you're currently looking or (if they're in an aggressive mode but not commanded to attack) they're attacking whatever the game's internal AI tells them to attack.  (It would also be really easy to aggro multiple groups if your cursor accidentally locks on that other spawn down the hall...)  Hence replacing the command (taking away individual targeting) is very limiting in terms of playstyle.

I mean, I can't be the only MM that multitasks...  Can I?

Yep, that's why I conceded that to you, and even started to acknowledge the potential pitfalls in my initial post. I made the initial post quickly; it was not a necessarily well-thought out and fully fleshed idea by any means. 

In this case, more options is much better, and your version makes way more sense. My spur of the moment thought took options away, and in a way that would hurt gameplay, which is never something I would want.

• Like 1

The title and the actual description are a bit conflicting, so I can see where the confusion stems from. 

All in all @MsSmart first half could totally be doable and I doubt you would see much opposition for a new "attack present target" command.