Deleted a character, immediately re-rolled it

Jawbreaker

14 minutes ago, SaintD said:

I've had the issue before, I just relogged. The server seemed to have had a brainfart and acted like I was still holding the name I just deleted. It was probably a lag issue.

Logged, no luck. 40 mins later, still nadda

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

What, exactly, does the system tell you when trying to remake? There are two possibilities

1. The name is taken/not available

2. Input a valid name

If you got #2, it's because it's a banned name, and this does happen, where you had the name and in the intervening time it became not acceptable. So on remake, not an option.

Edited by SwitchFade
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

What, exactly, does the system tell you when trying to remake? There are two possibilities

1. The name is taken/not available

2. Input a valid name

If you got #2, it's because it's a banned name, and this does happen, where you had the name and in the intervening time it became not acceptable. So on remake, not an option.

Chat handle '@*****' is not online, hidden, or does not exist.

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

29 minutes ago, Snarky said:

i also heard (random conversation ymmv) this happen when name was pretty edgy.  is it possible it is a name added to the updated filter of non usable names?

I guess there's a slight possibility, though it's a legitimate term in biology and geology

4 minutes ago, Jawbreaker said:

I guess there's a slight possibility, though it's a legitimate term in biology and geology

This won't be a 100% conclusive test.. but if you get the same message with all 5 servers, then it's probably flagging the ban filter.  You could also try the name with another non-offensive word added.... like "$%#@ Duck" and see if that's still causing the issue. 

(Apologies to any ducks who found this message offensive).

• Haha 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

7 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Again, when you try and create the toon, what exact message do you get? Not when you search with getglobal, when you try and create the toon

Well I just tried it again. When I initially put the name in the bar at the bottom of the screen, it said "name unavailable" with the red X. I went all the way through the character creator and even though the name was X'd, it allowed me to make the character this time. I guess the red X isn't all-knowing afterall

So Blowhole lives once again! 

Thanks to you and everyone for the help!

• Haha 1

This is one reason why I never delete characters.  Server transfers are plentiful.  

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

10 hours ago, Jawbreaker said:

lol haven't decided yet, that's why I re-rolled. Could be wind/water/sonic/ice combos

pro tip.  roll any character.  on your character select screen rename your preferred name Blowhole1  Quickly go to the new character.  Rename Blowhole.  Done.

• Thanks 1

I haven't lost a name in a re-roll, but I have in character transfers.  I just try to accept and maybe take advantage of the renaming "opportunity".  For example, my storm/water defender Wet Water has become Whet Water.  Likening it to a whet stone, I now like the new name better.

-- Rock