What 3 content items (missions, tfs, etc.) would be the models you would choose for all future content?

DougGraves

Much as I'm not a fan of Longbow, I think an LB equivalent of the VEATs should be a thing. Yeah, I KNOW PBs and WSs are the "equivalent", except they're not really in a content narrative sense. So obviously Villains would need some corresponding version that side, OR at least PB & WS villain arcs to complement the hero side ones.

And don't get me started on Gold needing everything!

Also, Hero Corps?  Can they actually DO something for once?

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I’m with @Darmian. Find a way to exploit the talent pool in AE. There are some entries better than what’s currently in game, and as good as the new Dev stuff (and this without their tools). I just ran an arc that is basically a Task Force, or as good as one you can do in game, in just 5 missions. Among other things,  the author  ran an infiltration mission without access to The infiltration tools (to dress character in disguise), and made that work. I just wrote one where I would’ve used branching threads if I’d had the tools, and made two different outcomes (or more). Darmian did a whole raft of content using the heroes you see standing around AP, post-meteor (But his real passion Is Gold material, and he needs some maps, damnit!). Haven’t even mentioned @Ankylosaur or @Take One or any from a long list who clearly have creative talent, and do more with less on a consistent basis. 

My point is, you see more creativity by introducing broader approaches and perspectives. We have our favorite comic authors. We could also have a stable of favorite creators.

On the the subject at hand: Creating 5 more versions of the same TFs? I’ll pass. More stuff like the Dempsey arc in KR, though? That’d be cool. Yin is probably a good model for future TFs, but it’s so damned quick. Not sure it’s even much of a task anymore. I’d like to keep the small chunks and add to them for the full badge (like Pos 1 and 2). Not sure where “Yin 2” would go though.

Edited by cranebump
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

How about the future of Primal Earth, with States dead there is no hero to guide or instill hope to anyone (he didn't anyways he was a lazy sod).

I know it was supposed to be Tyrant stepping up to the plate but seriously mass murderer and incestuous pedophile to world saving hero, no freaking way that's black pit of evil, even Recluse is better than that and you don't get redemption from that kind of depravity. 

What about Hero One he was supposed to be as good as States, he carried Excalibur and sacrificed himself to save the world, thats pretty heroic, why aren't the "heroes" trying to get him back since he's all riktified monkey shit.

But, then again I look at the condition of some of the zones in Paragon and think well yeah they suck, and the poor bastich is fubar.

Plus, standing around looking all cool is way too taxing on them...

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

incestuous pedophile

What now?  This again?  This is not a thing.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Just now, The_Warpact said:

Dominatrix aka evil Ms. Liberty aka his granddaughter is his love toy...

https://screenrant.com/inappropriate-creepy-relationships-in-video-games-ever/

Yeah, bollocks to that.  I've literally just re-read from Dark Mirror onwards online, and that's some reviewer's twisted thinking on things.  (a) Neuron believes there's a weird relationship between them, but there's no mention of sexuality (b) "all capacities" isn't mentioned once in that comic and (c) You have the typical sexist drawing of a female character in a panel.  So OF COURSE this is that.

No it isn't.

Edited by Darmian
  • Haha 1

That nonsense aside, I absolutely agree that Tyrant "pretending to be Statesman" was dumber than a bag of hammers, and is a plot line that should be avoided completely.

7 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Yeah, bollocks to that.  I've literally just re-read from Dark Mirror onwards online, and that's some reviewer's twisted thinking on things.  (a) Neuron believes there's a weird relationship between them, but there's no mention of sexuality (b) "all capacities" isn't mentioned once in that comic and (c) You have the typical sexist drawing of a female character in a panel.  So OF COURSE this is that.

No it isn't.

In the archives, Paragon network, etc it all falls to the "she serves in him in all capacities" part thats open to interpretation.

Most as do I with her nomenclature of Dominatrix, the stuff from Neuron, etc have led to this.

Interpretation is just that, take it as you will.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Yeah. You're the God Emperor of an entire planet, EVERYONE serves you in all capacities, because your word is literally the law.  But sure, interpretation is interpretation. I'll agree on that. However, in a comic business sense at the least, and this wasn't Vertigo(!) then this reader/player is interpreting that that isn't there.  You can have one hell of a screwed up relationship with your family without it ever being that.

Back to the OP's point.

I love the vibe of the latest pieces of content before the sunset:

Summer Blockbuster, tons of fun, pretty straight forward and quick to form. Would love to see something similar.

Market crash: another example of epic and very fun content.

I would love to see story arcs and more TFs in Kallisti.

And of course more Incarnate raids.

TFs for Praetorians or underused characters like Mirror Spirit, Foreshadow (I know they are trainers but I always loved them).

On 3/26/2021 at 6:12 PM, Nayeh said:

Admiral Sutter: Varying difficulty, several enemy types, cut-scenes, and unique combat mechanics. This is probably my favorite Task Force.

I tend to mark down Admiral Sutter for three reasons: baffling maps that give you no clue where to go, dancing around and breaking contact in the final mission, and presence of overused IDF mobs. 

My models for new content would be:

- Imperious Task Force - good story, cosmic stakes, and interesting enemies, fun for teams

- Market Crash - solid sense of humor on that

- BAF Trial - short (except for that cutscene), worthwhile, and to the point

• Like 3
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291