Question about farming

Fizzulin

So I'm currently a spine fire level 33 Brute, I'm very new to the game in fact this is my highest person. Is there a way to solo farm at level at this level to make money and or get to 50? And if anyone has any build tips I'd be thankful. My goal is to get this character to 50 so I can make money to spend on enhancements for alts. So I can play them without feeling like I'm about to run out of money and I plan on leveling than normal just without the stress of enhancements. 

Edited by Fizzulin

Yes, you can level your famer brute in ae, though it may be good to do task force to get the badges in 'accomplishments' that look like Roman numerals I-VI, to get an accolade power. There's another similar easy one that involves some explore, killing vampires + werewolves, and rescuing a fortune teller. Worth the effort. 

How much you can farm while leveling will depend on your slotting, but find something like -1/4 and work up from there. You can set your difficulty from an npc, or more easily from bottom right speech button menu in the chat ui. 

1313c67f8d92f1339047c3b9215ad698.gif.6ae8fd993d05ca7f7b5f8e91bcd3211c.gif

For which farm to do, look at powers > combat attributes and find what your toughest against. For defense and resist. Then just dive in. 

Fill your inspiration inventory with purple inspirations, buy them from the ah, they are cheap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fizzulin said:

Is there a way to solo farm at level at this level to make money and or get to 50?

Yes. It is counter-intuitive, but do the lower than your level farms. I believe there is a office map that is very full of mobs.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

You should have hard-capped Fire Resist with even SO slotting. This should enable you to farm at x8/+0 to level up.

Probably the fastest/cheapest way to boost the difficulty (and thus the speed) is the Aegis set. This is a resist set that has a F/C Defense bonus at 3- and 5- slots. You can also pick up Steadfast Protection +Def (relatively cheap) and Gladiator's Armor +Def (less cheap) to slot in your resist sets.

In the process of leveling, you should get plenty of recipe and salvage drops. Rare salvage tends to sell for about 500,000 influence. Recipes require a bit of experience, but PvP and purple recipes all tend to sell well. There are also certain other recipes, such as Luck of the Gambler, that sell very well because they're used in almost all builds.

Once you get to level 35, you probably would level faster doing ITFs.  You get decent influence and level fairly quickly.  Once you get to 50 and get your incarnate shift, the farms are much easier.

I would just go ahead and play in Atlas AE. You can already solo farm if you don’t pump the level up (+0x8 as said above), but you’re also likely to run into level 50 farmers that will let you join their farms. 

Once you’re done building this farmer ofc, other level 50’s are a one-day job 🙂

2 hours ago, Fizzulin said:

anyone have a good build i could follow, some of these forums user acronyms i dont follow or DMX files which i dont know how to use. 

Something like below (doesn't have to be exactly this, showing something less expensive for the mid 30 levels)

Click to enlarge

image.thumb.png.776b176166b5147721e737e6639d587c.png

Basic priorities while leveling up in my opinion

1. 90% Fire Resist
  2. 30% Fire/Cold Defense (one inspiration can then get you to the soft cap of 45%) (Aegis in shields helps (3 or 5 enhancements))
  3. More Damage (maybe add a Chance for ____ Damage in Area of Effect powers)
  4. Add more Defense (reduce inspiration need)

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum