New Mastermind Types

This has probably been suggested before.  Just wanted to add my two credits worth.
I'm not a programmer and won't pretend to understand the hurdles the pro coders have to deal with.

But, I have seen the programmers comment how difficult and janky custom pets would be for MMs.
What I am proposing is new types of MMs.  Carnies, 5th, Lost, Freaks, Thorns, ect ect.

The models, animations and attacks are already in the game.  Would it be feasible to put them together into new MM types?

Thanks for all that you folks do and keep up the great work! 

With pets using groups that already exist in game, the problem becomes one of a) establishing visual differences for the base, first upgrade, and second upgrade versions of each tier of pet, and which abilities the pets get (and at what strength) foe each level of upgrade. This may or may not run out of existing art assets with the group, and may or may not require additional animations -- all of which would be more complicated than simply subbing in the models from the group for the base pets.

• Like 1

Illusion Control / Phantom Armor / Mirror shows that custom pets CAN, in principle, be done. 

• They'd have to decide how much they want to let you finesse it.  Could you choose a different look for your first T1 pet than your second T1 pet? etc. 
  • They'd have to decide if they want "custom henchmen" to be a thing for all existing humanoid groups (Ninjas, Mercs, Thugs), and whether to include the non-humans (Beasts, Bots, Demons, Undead). 
  • They'd have to decide if the wailing and gnashing of teeth is worth it if any can't do it.  "If they can have custom ninjas why can't I have custom wolves!", etc.
  • The visual upgrades for pet buffs is a thing too.  Maybe they just say, hey, if you want custom pets, you forsake that, it's on you to keep track of your buffs. I think that would be a more than fair trade. 

I'm hopeful they will decide to allow it.  But it wouldn't surprise me if they decide it's too much time and aggravation. 

But if they DON'T want to do true custom pets, then I'd like a few different choices for each pet type. 

ex  

• Thugs.  Vanilla look.  Or a more Family-style gangsters. Maybe a Syndicate look (only no swords, just guns).
  • Mercs:  Vanilla look.  Or something higher tech like Sky Raiders-ish. Maybe even D.U.S.T.-like. 
  • Beasts:  Vanilla look.  Or Beastman look (humanoids, but with digitigrade legs, wolf head, big cat head, etc), or not sure what else.
  • Necros:  Vanilla look.  Or something more like Banished Pantheon dead. Or something along the lines of Apparitions for a more disembodied spirit / soulbinder take.

you get the idea. 

(note:  I say "style" or "like" or "along the lines of" etc, because yea, I'm guessing they would not want them to look EXACTLY like any NPC's. Maybe I'm wrong? But that's my guess.)

For truly 100% brand new MM types.....  it's always fun thinking what could be plausible for EVERY Origin. 

• Elementals I suppose are every  bit as fungible as the elemental control sets. 
  • "Gardener" MM's with plant based pets could be amusing. (Carrion Creepers instead of Gang War?)
  • Snakes. Why did it have to be Snakes?
  • Will Smith style Men In Black, if we could make them sufficiently distinguishable from Crey Agents. 

Rather than going for new Mastermind Primaries (because I think there needs to be a serious re-balancing of the existing primaries first), I still like this idea that can lead to a new 'pet' control AT (as opposed to henchmen):

Praetorian Epic Archetypes (PEATs): Model them like the VEATs, where you take a force respec at lvl 24, and one of the two paths allows you to be a hybridized (Praetorian) Devouring Earth... where you can summon/reuse some of the DE assets (Rubbles, Shards, Fungi)

The other PEAT path could give you the Orbs, or Seers or what not.

Edited by tidge

1 hour ago, kelika2 said:

Street Justice

t1 pets: 3 stj pets

t2 pets: staff fightingers

t3 pet: savage melee

"Street Fighter" Set.

Tier 1 pets: 2 Martial Arts 1 Street Justice

Tier 2 pets: 1 Savage Melee, 1 Superstrength

Tier 3 Pet: Dark Assault

Upgrading your Tier 1 pets gives your Martial Artists the ability to throw Fireballs and your Street Justice character some Kinetic Melee.

Upgrading your Tier 2 pets gives your Savage Melee some of the Electric Aura defenses/Damage Aura, and your Superstrength character Footstomp.

Upgrading your Tier 3 pet gives your Dark Assault character Teleport Attacks.

The Tier 2 Upgrade for Tier 1 pets gives your Martial Artists Crushing Uppercut and your Street Justice Character Dragon's Tail.

The Tier 2 Upgrade for Tier 2pets gives your Savage Melee a PBAoE Micro-Nuke and your Superstrength Character the Leap Attack power.

The Tier 2 Upgrade for Tier 3 pet gives your Dark Assault character Plot Armor. The whole set.

Couple Karate dudes and their Air Force friend, a Beast Man and a Large Russian, and then a guy wearing a military uniform with cape and hat!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

"Street Fighter" Set.

Tier 1 pets: 2 Martial Arts 1 Street Justice

Tier 2 pets: 1 Savage Melee, 1 Superstrength

Tier 3 Pet: Dark Assault

ya lost me at magical stuff.

im still waiting for the oni to get remade into a Shogun

11 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

ya lost me at magical stuff.

im still waiting for the oni to get remade into a Shogun

Ryu and Ken as Martial Artists