Map Thumbtacks Not working 100% in Port Oakes

America's Angel

If I place a thumbtack on Port Oakes, it shows up on the map, but in the game it's sending me to the abandoned lab:

image.thumb.png.dd6d4cf35e2944cfe2d2287dd6b194e6.png

This bug may take a few attempts to replicate. Some parts of Port Oakes work for the thumbtacks, some don't and default to the abandoned lab.

Not sure why this is. Wonder if it's an elevation thing?

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

I posted similar observations in the zone geometry bug thread, and mentioned it again on the beta tester discord when it popped up again while I was testing the new /thumbtack command. Faultline's response there was:

the reason this happens is because the waypoint that shows on the screen uses navigation beacons in order to direct you to places, and those connect through doors. Inside missions the navigation is usually very straightforward and there's only one path to objectives even with doors, but in open world the pathfinding may decide that going in and out of a door is shorter than walking past it. 

Which leaves you stuck on a loop of doors in-and-out of some buildings.
The thumbtack image in the map, on the other hand, doesn't need to do any pathfinding; it just finds the final X and Y coordinates and drops itself there.
I don't know why the ones in Mercy and Oakes are way more likely to trigger than, say, a marker inside Atlas' City Hall.