Feeling a little frustrated...

Tonight tried to form Posi 1 couldn't do it so ran myself. I know you can run them yourself but things like Dr. Vahz are extremely hard and take forever. I have tried to form Posi 2 and after trying for 2 hours I am giving up. All my toons 145 are on Indomitable and I don't  feel like transferring all my toons just to run TF's! Is there a way to combine servers for TF's or a way to help those like me who are willing to form them? Please help a friend out! Thanks. Much appreciated.

46 minutes ago, SirBronco said:

Tonight tried to form Posi 1 couldn't do it so ran myself. I know you can run them yourself but things like Dr. Vahz are extremely hard and take forever. I have tried to form Posi 2 and after trying for 2 hours I am giving up. All my toons 145 are on Indomitable and I don't  feel like transferring all my toons just to run TF's! Is there a way to combine servers for TF's or a way to help those like me who are willing to form them? Please help a friend out! Thanks. Much appreciated.

You can transfer to another server then transfer back and you lose nothing.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the Homecoming player base has been slowly but steadily consolidating on the Excelsior and Everlasting shards, slowly but steadily draining Torchbearer, Indomitable, and Reunion to the point where Indomitable and Reunion get down to the double digit number of players on late at nights now.  I don't see it getting any better, I'm afraid.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 2

In the case of Posi specifically, there's also the option to run "Classic Posi" (1 + 2, combined) via Ouroborous.

That just has an EB at the end of it. No Archvillain at all. Still counts to Task Force Commander.

But... yea.... I have definitely noticed difference in the population numbers when I choose a shard to log onto. 

On 4/21/2021 at 1:49 AM, MTeague said:

In the case of Posi specifically, there's also the option to run "Classic Posi" (1 + 2, combined) via Ouroborous.

That just has an EB at the end of it. No Archvillain at all. Still counts to Task Force Commander.

But... yea.... I have definitely noticed difference in the population numbers when I choose a shard to log onto. 

I lead raids on Excelsior, and over the past few months I have seen numerous people mention that they just transferred over from Indomitable because the shard is dead.  The more transfer, the more dead the shard becomes, the more people transfer.

Edited by Apparition

If I'm not mistaken a while back maybe more than a year they did a little poll to gauge what most people wanted.  More content, particularly higher level content to do was pretty high.  Yet here we are no new higher level stuff and dwindling numbers because even though you can make a new EM scrapper with the new fly they're still only getting to play the same ol' stuff.  

Edited by Mezmera

So I play on Indom. There has been a drop BUT during the day Posi runs are done quite often. I had thought of transferring also, but I decided against it. What I am seeing is a great deal of new players that do not fully understand the game, and thus may not join task forces, or even PI groups, because they do not understand their value. There are various PI groups during the day, but the same people keep revolving in and of the groups. Meanwhile there are 90 other people on the server. Some are PVP, but many are simply new and do not know anything outside of solo missions or begging for AE fire farms.

Whenever I'm in a group, I scan the other players power sets, builds and badges. I am seeing a great deal of level 50s, 10+ veteran levels but no IO, no Incarnates and very badges asking novice questions. This tells me there are a lot of new players to CoH, perhaps temporary or transient.

@SirBronco In the next couple days, hit me up if you want to run a TF or something. Turric is my global name.

4 hours ago, Turric said:

So I play on Indom. There has been a drop BUT during the day Posi runs are done quite often. I had thought of transferring also, but I decided against it. What I am seeing is a great deal of new players that do not fully understand the game, and thus may not join task forces, or even PI groups, because they do not understand their value. There are various PI groups during the day, but the same people keep revolving in and of the groups. Meanwhile there are 90 other people on the server. Some are PVP, but many are simply new and do not know anything outside of solo missions or begging for AE fire farms.

Whenever I'm in a group, I scan the other players power sets, builds and badges. I am seeing a great deal of level 50s, 10+ veteran levels but no IO, no Incarnates and very badges asking novice questions. This tells me there are a lot of new players to CoH, perhaps temporary or transient.

@SirBronco In the next couple days, hit me up if you want to run a TF or something. Turric is my global name.

That is a big part of it.  There are a lot of new people to the game who treat the entire game like it's a farm.  All they know are AE farms, PI Council radio mission farms, BAF farms, etc.  That's why I suggested this:

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 10:40 PM, Apparition said:

Unfortunately, the Homecoming player base has been slowly but steadily consolidating on the Excelsior and Everlasting shards, slowly but steadily draining Torchbearer, Indomitable, and Reunion to the point where Indomitable and Reunion get down to the double digit number of players on late at nights now.  I don't see it getting any better, I'm afraid.

Is it consolidation or a lower overall player count? This is something I think is worth digging into and what should be driving some dev goals.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

9 minutes ago, Troo said:

Is it consolidation or a lower overall player count? This is something I think is worth digging into and what should be driving some dev goals.

It is both.  The overall player count is lower, so the people on the already lower population shards are moving to the higher population shards.

10 hours ago, Apparition said:

It is both.  The overall player count is lower, so the people on the already lower population shards are moving to the higher population shards.

At a certain point this game will need new content. Folks simply don't want to play the same content over and over again (whether high level or low). System tweaks and under the hood stuff is fine for maybe 1 or two pages a year. Beyond that folks are going start to wander to play other new games/shinnies/other forms of entertainment, as some of the stuff that couldn't get released last year cause of the pandemic starts to come to fruition this year.

(I say this realizing the micro size of our volunteer team that has actual day jobs).

Edited by golstat2003
  • Like 1

Just now, golstat2003 said:

At a certain point this game will need new content. Folks simply don't want to play the same content over and over again (whether high level or low). System tweaks and under the hood stuff is fine for maybe 1 or two pages a year. Beyond that folks are going start to wander to play other new games/shinnies.

(I say this realizing the micro size of our volunteer team that has actual day jobs).

Yep.  I'm in a Discord server with approximately forty friends from City of Heroes.  Just about all of us played daily back in 2019.  It started to wane a bit in late 2019.  Out of the approximately forty, only about six still regularly play, including myself.  I've had to PUG a lot the past four months or so whenever I want to do a SF/TF/Trial, and that is making me want to start to wander away.

• Like 2