Interrupt Death Shaman summons

Greycat

For most NPCs that summon something (Raider Engineers, Comm officers, etc.) if you hit them while they're summoning - or hit them with a DOT before they can - their summons will fail.

This doesn't seem to be the case with Death Shamans.  Since I'm on a dark/dark Corr while I'm playing this (part of why this is annoying, with dark being resisted,) opening up with Nightfall (cone DOT) on an unaware Shaman will let him turn, start the animation and summon - even while taking DOT that would interrupt another summoning NPC.

Can we get their summon added to the "interruptable" list? Their summoned zombies already don't give XP.

• Like 6

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I dunno, they’re worth like triple? I think? the normal XP of a lieutenant, so if they manage to summon a pair of minions you have to defeat for no rewards it’s still a net gain. If you could interrupt their summon with just damage, they’d be much more rewarding than normal enemies without being notably more dangerous.

2 hours ago, Vanden said:

I dunno, they’re worth like triple? I think? the normal XP of a lieutenant, so if they manage to summon a pair of minions you have to defeat for no rewards it’s still a net gain. If you could interrupt their summon with just damage, they’d be much more rewarding than normal enemies without being notably more dangerous.

Except that Comm officers, for instance, are already more rewarding than normal enemies and you *can* interrupt their summon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Please please PLEASE. The combination of no reward for the summons (regardless of how much there is for the shaman) and no badge for them makes them feel like SUCH a slog. It's probably not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but it grinds at my brain in the worst way. I literally will not do any sub-Incarnate BP mission whatsoever; dismiss tips, pick different radios/papers, auto-complete contact missions and log out of that character for three days. Please let me just focus fire on the shaman and kill his annoying ass without summoning his damn buddies.

• Like 1