Beast Mastery pets can't path to vault doors

ZorkNemesis

Pretty much as the title says, I took my Beast Mastery Mastermind into a bank robbery paper mission and tried to sic them on the vault door.  Only the Dire Wolf was able to attack it and all he did was use his ice breath attacks on it.  None of the other pets did anything, all just standing there in a combat pose.  In order to get the pets to attack the door I had to manually tell them to approach it with a Go-To command.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

So, there is a trick around this. You have to use the Go-To command and put them as close to the door as the command will allow, and then use the Attack My Target Command. They should then engage with the door.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Soldiers sometime stand there and I agree they just .... stand there. I will try too 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

On 5/3/2021 at 11:21 PM, TygerDarkstorm said:

So, there is a trick around this. You have to use the Go-To command and put them as close to the door as the command will allow, and then use the Attack My Target Command. They should then engage with the door.

Yes this is the answer.  It's a weird thing and sure, I don't oppose it being logged as a bug but if the door isn't in LOS, they won't attack even if given that specific command.  Go to then attack will get them involved.

2 hours ago, Hedgefund said:

Yes this is the answer.  It's a weird thing and sure, I don't oppose it being logged as a bug but if the door isn't in LOS, they won't attack even if given that specific command.  Go to then attack will get them involved.

I agree, it is bizarre that it happens, but pet AI has always been a bit wonky. I figure knowing the work around will help until the devs can look into it (if it's not working as intended). 🙂

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I've noticed that pets really don't like closing the gap to stationary targets. Vault Doors, Barriers, etc have always been a little buggy with pets. the Goto command helps, repositioning them in other ways helps, but sometimes you just get the 'AI is dumb' issue.

Now if they could fix that, it would be amazing.

It may be related to the way the game sees vault doors as targets.  You'll notice that the Next/Closest/Prev Target commands won't select a vault door, and you have to click on it to attack it yourself.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cinnder said:

It may be related to the way the game sees vault doors as targets.  You'll notice that the Next/Closest/Prev Target commands won't select a vault door, and you have to click on it to attack it yourself.

It could also have to do with where the target actually is, maybe?  I've noticed a few object targets that have a completely different spot for hitting PBAoE attacks and Vault Doors are among them.  My Spines Scrapper can't seem to hit the doors with Spine Burst or Quills even if i'm standing directly in front of the door.  And while they're low enough to not cause too many issues, the Arachnos Submarines in Faultline are awful about this as their AoE target seems to be the propeller and not the rest of the sub.  Maybe this spot for the Vault Doors is what our pets are trying to path to, but it's so high up they just can't reach it.

Now i'm wondering, can they path to the door if Group Fly is active?

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.