How many creations until you memorize a recipe? I just want Recharge 15th IO

I recently came back to COH, and played around with about 7 characters, with two 11th lv guys as my highest.  I haven't spent much of my influence made from selling most the influence and enhancements I've found.  So probably around 300k influence on all my guys.

I have a ton of slots I want to fill with Recharge, so figure it would probably be best if I just create IOs for what I need, and heard that recipes could be memorized after so many creations.

How many creations does it take to memorize a recipe?  All you need to do it create so many times?  Nothing else?

I haven't done any crafting in the game.  How much approximately does creating a 15th lv IO of Recharge cost?  Any price lists available for this stuff?

Thanks,

Mal  

Yeah, the only ones you only need the same level to memorize are level 10s. After that it's two levels at a time.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Chart below shows the level and how many of each level you need to craft to memorize the group.

Some type within that group tend to be cheaper to buy and cheaper to build, but less likely to sell on the market.

Example :: If you make 2 confuse level 10's, you unlock/memorize level 10 Defense Debuff, To Hit Debuff, Taunt, and Confuse 

Badge Category Recipe Levels
10 15 & 20 25 & 30 35 & 40 45 & 50
Defense Debuff,
To Hit Debuff,
Taunt, Confuse
Declining

Decaying
2 & 1
Despoiler
2 & 2
Dismantler
2 & 3
Retrograde
4 & 3
Heal Medicator

Mender
5 & 4
Rebuilder
7 & 6
Revivifier
8 & 7
Reanimator
10 & 9
Defense Buff,
Resist Damage,
Intangible
Armorer

Guardian
5 & 4
Protector
7 & 6
Security
8 & 7
Defensive
10 & 9
Sleep, Snare,
Hold, Stun,
Immobilize, Fear
Blinding

Beguiler
5 & 5
Charming
7 & 6
Charismatic
9 & 8
Mesmerizer
11 & 11
Endurance
Modification,
Endurance
Reduction
Energy
Conservationist

Battery
Powered

6 & 6
Nuclear
Powered

8 & 7
Mystically
Powered

10 & 9
Perpetual
12 & 12
Recharge Rate,
Interrupt Time
Trigger Man

Hired Gun
7 & 6
Hit-Man
9 & 8
Sniper
11 & 11
Sharpshooter
14 & 14
Accuracy,
ToHit Buff
Major

Lt. Colonel
7 & 6
Colonel
9 & 8
Major General
11 & 11
General
14 & 14
Damage,
Knockback
Munitionist

Weaponeer
7 & 6
Warhead
9 & 8
Arms Dealer
11 & 11
Lord of War
14 & 14
Run Speed,
Fly Speed,
Jump, Range
Pilgrim

Vagabond
7 & 6
Wanderer
9 & 8
Walks the Earth
11 & 11
Nomad
14 & 14
Icon for all
badges in
that level:
Badge crafter 1.png Badge crafter 2.png Badge crafter 3.png Badge crafter 4.png Badge crafter 5.png
Notes:     +2 salvage
storage
  +1 recipe
storage

The cost is based on the current cost on the market.

How many Homecoming is feeding into it.

How many are players feeding into it.

Who may be trying to manipulate the market on that.

I know that any IO (non-set) recipe below level 30 is pretty much a throw away for me, so I put it on the Market for 1.

Cost double or more when you don't have it memorized.

If you have the Day Trader and Shopkeeper (or equivalents), you can earn discount coupons to make crafting IO's cheaper.

Edited by UltraAlt
  • Like 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Awesome!  Thanks for all the great information guys.

So getting a Badge means its Memorized?  I didn't make the connection when reading the guide.

So from what I read I should:

1. price the recipes on the workbench first

2. check on the auctioneer to find the recipe cheaper

3. buy salvage for recipes

4. craft enough to memorize

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks,

Mal

13 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

Looks like you have to craft 6 of the level 15 and 6 of the level 20 to memorize it.

https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Hired_Gun_Badge

Here's an influence cost chart

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Common_Invention_Recipes

Please use and recommend the HC wiki as it is more up to date and accurate (plus fandom sucks donkey !^$^ 😉https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Main_Page

• Like 2

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

6 hours ago, malleable1 said:

So getting a Badge means its Memorized?  I didn't make the connection when reading the guide.

Mostly - some badges are for doing a combo of IOs but you might memorize one of the recipes without doing the other IO to get the badge.

4 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

Please use and recommend the HC wiki as it is more up to date and accurate (plus fandom sucks donkey !^$^ 😉https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Main_Page

Definitely.

The Fandom site gets their content by lifting it from other sites without permission and doesn't properly vet their ads (and ended up spreading malware twice that I know of).
The ParagonWiki site is 'frozen in time' and reflects the state of the game at the time of shutdown.  It's a historical reference.

The Homecoming Wiki started with the ParagonWiki content (with their permission) and is being updated to reflect the current status of the game as it exists on the HC servers.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1. price the recipes on the workbench first

I wouldn't even bother doing that (I never have). On the basic non-Set IOs they are almost always going to be cheaper - especially below level 35.

Before the Sunset, I did buy some from the workbench, but I haven't done that since I have played on Homecoming. The Auction House has always been cheaper in my experience.

Anything I'm missing?

I refer back to ::

14 hours ago, UltraAlt said:

If you have the Day Trader and Shopkeeper (or equivalents), you can earn discount coupons to make crafting IO's cheaper.

Specifically to the level 15 recharge memorization.

Making 7 level 15s and 6 level 20s Recharge or Interrupt IOs would unlock the memorization of level 15 and 20 Recharge and Interrupts along with earning the "Hired Gun" badge.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

4 hours ago, Lunchmoney said:

Memorization page  :: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Memorization_Badges

• Like 1