The worst characters in the MCU?

1 hour ago, CursedSorcerer said:

What do you think?

I think a list created by someone who spells friends as "frens" isn't something I'd give the least amount of credence.

• Like 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Mistitled article.  Should read:  The Worst Article on Characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  That or:  We Had To Come Up With Something Before A Deadline, So We Decided To Just Draw Lots On Who We're Going To Call "Worst Characters".

Honestly, Steve and Tony in the list?  Geek Card Turn-In is that way >>>>>

(I will grant you Trevor Slattery should be on the list.  But placing him as #12 just shows how random their whole mess is.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

While I don't think Tony Stark's character is the worst in the MCU, I find that Tony is one of the 3 worst things in the MCU.  The worst things in no particular order.

Heroes fighting heroes.  This happens in almost every MCU movie.  Ant Man vs Falcon, Thor vs Iron Man, Iron Man vs Hulk, Hulk vs Black Widow, Civil War, etc.  It is dumb and ridiculously overused.  I want heroes fighting villians.  Not heroes fighting heroes.

Villains are evil clones of the heroes.  Red Skull, yellow jacket, iron monger, evil black panther, vision vs vision.  When they do have actual supervillains, they are just an evil clone of the hero.  Same basic origin and powers.  So little creativity.  Marvel has tons of great villains that go unused.

Everything is about Tony.  He invents Ultron, he gives spiderman a  supersuit, he solves time travel.  It is not the MCU, it is basically the Tony Stark universe.  Way too much  Tony Stark.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 12:26 PM, CursedSorcerer said:

Found this article this morning. What do you think? (Warning: Possible spoilers for the entire MCU.)

The Worst Characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Ranked (msn.com)

How about The Worst Article on the Internet. The slideshow is out of sync with the text and I hit a spelling error after five seconds.

Seriously, MSN, just give up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DougGraves said:

While I don't think Tony Stark's character is the worst in the MCU, I find that Tony is one of the 3 worst things in the MCU.  The worst things in no particular order.

Heroes fighting heroes.  This happens in almost every MCU movie.  Ant Man vs Falcon, Thor vs Iron Man, Iron Man vs Hulk, Hulk vs Black Widow, Civil War, etc.  It is dumb and ridiculously overused.  I want heroes fighting villians.  Not heroes fighting heroes.

Villains are evil clones of the heroes.  Red Skull, yellow jacket, iron monger, evil black panther, vision vs vision.  When they do have actual supervillains, they are just an evil clone of the hero.  Same basic origin and powers.  So little creativity.  Marvel has tons of great villains that go unused.

Everything is about Tony.  He invents Ultron, he gives spiderman a  supersuit, he solves time travel.  It is not the MCU, it is basically the Tony Stark universe.  Way too much  Tony Stark.

Agreed

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

• 2 weeks later
On 5/24/2021 at 11:31 AM, DougGraves said:

Heroes fighting heroes.

Villains are evil clones of the heroes. 

You must really hate comic books, because they've been using these exact tropes for decades.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/24/2021 at 11:31 AM, DougGraves said:

Now, now.  Tony's not always been around.  Before him, there was  Howard Stark.  So more just a Stark Universe, than a Tony one.  😉

I suspect its actually more of a "pander to RDJ" kind of thing, rather than merely Tony Stark.  Now that Stark is toast, we should be seeing many more inventors, unless MCU leadership are dolts and only go with Shuri and the Wakandans building everything. (Unless it is quantum related, then its Hank Pym.)  Actually I'm a bit concerned about that "its all Shuri" bit, as that is how Sam magically got the flying Captain America suit in record time.  We should really be seeing Reed Richards and X-man Forge at very least.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Judasace said:

You must really hate comic books, because they've been using these exact tropes for decades.

I stopped reading comics in the late 80's when they changed from fun to grimdark.  So I missed Civil War and all of that in the comics.

I don't hate comic books.  I just hate the last few decades of comic books.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, DougGraves said:

I stopped reading comics in the late 80's when they changed from fun to grimdark.  So I missed Civil War and all of that in the comics.

I don't hate comic books.  I just hate the last few decades of comic books.

Yeah, I also quit in the early 90s for partially the same reason - also the constant gimmicks (Pointless crossovers, the same few characters appearing in every comic, events, events and more events, reboots, die-cut holographic foil covers and raising the price way above what was reasonable)

That said, these tropes, heroes vs heroes (Spidey fought with the FF in first 1st issue of all things)  and opposite heroes (Sabretooth, Sinestro, Bizarro, Abomination, Reverse Flash, Tarantula, Venom, and Earth 3)  have been going on forever. They're just a staple of the genre. Hell - even our own Praetoria is just an Earth 3 pastiche. 

Honestly, the worsts things about the MCU for me are stuff that [probably is disallowed as it would fall under "political discussion".

Also, the list in the OP is wrong because every slot from 1 - 20 should just be "Flash Thompson".