Anti-Experienced Marksman IO...

The Experienced Marksman set has a Recharge/Fast Snipe IO.

Any chance of getting something that sets you to permanent slow snipe? Even if it's not part of a set? I'd put that in every blaster, defender, corr, dom... anything that has a snipe.

• Like 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1, I don't want my powers changed to shorter range and shorter damage by something looking at me funny and that being considered an "attack."

2. If I'm sniping, I'm trying to kill something pre-aggro, out of range. Meaning I don't want the lower damage *or* lower range.

I've pretty much never wanted or liked fast snipe, and the more I've dealt with it, the less I've liked it.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

I've pretty much never wanted or liked fast snipe, and the more I've dealt with it, the less I've liked it.

I don't have a problem with the basic concept behind the fast snipe -- you're rushing the shot, so it's not going to be as good as one where you take your time, but losing both damage and range feels like an extra whack with the nerf stick -- you're taking less time to aim, so you can't place your shot to do the most damage, and you somehow are magically unable to hit something as far away as you did with your last shot... but using your range-reduced snipe still increases the range of your other attacks for a short time, which then outrange your fast snipe.

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

I don't have a problem with the basic concept behind the fast snipe -- you're rushing the shot, so it's not going to be as good as one where you take your time, but losing both damage and range feels like an extra whack with the nerf stick -- you're taking less time to aim, so you can't place your shot to do the most damage, and you somehow are magically unable to hit something as far away as you did with your last shot... but using your range-reduced snipe still increases the range of your other attacks for a short time, which then outrange your fast snipe.

Sure. But at the same time, once you're in combat you literally cannot CHOOSE to perform a "Slow Snipe" either. 

Even if being "in combat" doesn't even involve having anything in your face, or being in any remote danger.

5 hours ago, MTeague said:

But at the same time, once you're in combat you literally cannot CHOOSE to perform a "Slow Snipe" either. 

Yes, you can, it's just difficult to do, since you have to a) not attack for long enough for the 'in combat' flag to expire, while b) not being attacked during that time -- the latter being the crucial part, since deciding not to attack is easy enough.

9 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Yes, you can, it's just difficult to do, since you have to a) not attack for long enough for the 'in combat' flag to expire, while b) not being attacked during that time -- the latter being the crucial part, since deciding not to attack is easy enough.

Which is not you choosing to not fast snipe, it's you running off and not doing anything, and if anyone does anything that looks like it's attacking you, you're back to being "in combat" and forced to fast snipe or sit and wait even longer. Yes, even if you're at capped defense and they don't have a chance of hitting you.

(As for what can be an "attack?" You know the mission in Croatoa where you get the wand from Skipper Legrange and have to "get data from all ghosts?" Touching the fog in there counts as an "attack" and throws you into fast snipe.)

Edited by Greycat