New P2W temp Flight with no jetpack

Temp power jetpacks are a thing. They make getting around certain zones possible, so I like to have them. However, I would like to be able to use flight without having the visual of a jetpack on the character. For a lot of my characters, having a jetpack takes away from the thematic presentation of the character. I know I could get Fly, Hover, or Arcane Flight, but that requires a power choice when all I want is to use it from time to time and am willing to pay the INF to do so. I'm just hoping that, at some time in the future, characters can have this as an option.

• Like 5

This would be a fantastic idea for some of my characters that could have alternate costumes that have costume pieces of the tech like wings or rocket boots.  Like my modern armor that your melee characters might put on for Hami raids.

9 minutes ago, aethereal said:

For better or for worse, it seems like the dev team is trying to encourage people to take travel powers, not discourage them.

If that's the case, all they have to do is remove the prerequisites for powers in many of the power pools.  That would open things up

for quite a few of my characters.  Otherwise, it's difficult to fit flight into a lot of my builds.

1 hour ago, krj12 said:

If that's the case, all they have to do is remove the prerequisites for powers in many of the power pools.  That would open things up

for quite a few of my characters.  Otherwise, it's difficult to fit flight into a lot of my builds.

No travel power has any prerequisites.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aethereal said:

No travel power has any prerequisites.

I didn't say that, I'm talking about other commonly taken pools - like kick/tough/weave.     If I could lose kick, that would free up a spot for flight.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, krj12 said:

I didn't say that, I'm talking about other commonly taken pools - like kick/tough/weave.     If I could lose kick, that would free up a spot for flight.

Doesn't seem very generalizable.  We have a lot of power slots already.  The number of people who really are just looking for one more power slot to take travel powers, compared to the number who would take another useful-in-combat power, seems like it must be pretty small.  And I doubt that in general what the game needs is to increase the incentive for every character to take tough and weave.

A no-jetpack jetpack option, would be pretty cool.

For a while, the Longbow Jetpack and Small Longbow jetpack were all black (I suspect it was a texture bug) and that made the small one VERY unobtrusive and both looked great.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:51 PM, AngryJesusMan said:

I would like to be able to use flight without having the visual of a jetpack on the character.

Conversely, I'd like to be able to wear the temp jetpack as a costume piece.

There must be some technical limitation, I suppose, or it'd be one of the first things into the costume designer.

Perhaps they can't get the jets to turn off when you aren't flying.

Sorry -  went off topic. Er, ye sure. Seems like a pretty simple-ish change? Invisible jetpack for sale?

• Thumbs Up 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.