[Beta] Patch Notes for May 25th, 2021

• City Council

The graffiti texture currently there is 256x128, so while the original should be high res (or vector), be mindful it's going to end up at around that size, so a lot of detail won't really help. Graffiti is more about broad strokes anyway, see this graffiti of the statue of liberty for reference: https://www.freeimages.com/es/photo/statue-of-liberty-graffiti-1534246

I'm attaching the highest quality version of the seal I found in the texture library, but I wouldn't want to use just plain lineart or even something that is too close to the seal, since that is more a Kings Row feature (the large coin in the police station) than an Atlas one, even if the statue is featured in it. Keeping the graffiti style will work best, in my opinion.

swntI99.png

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Faultline said:

The graffiti texture currently there is 256x128, so while the original should be high res (or vector), be mindful it's going to end up at around that size, so a lot of detail won't really help. Graffiti is more about broad strokes anyway, see this graffiti of the statue of liberty for reference: https://www.freeimages.com/es/photo/statue-of-liberty-graffiti-1534246

I'm attaching the highest quality version of the seal I found in the texture library, but I wouldn't want to use just plain lineart or even something that is too close to the seal, since that is more a Kings Row feature (the large coin in the police station) than an Atlas one, even if the statue is featured in it. Keeping the graffiti style will work best, in my opinion.

swntI99.png

That is a dope logo. Thank you for digging it out of the files and sharing. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 hour ago, TemporalVileTerror said:

For that matter . . . it may be worthwhile to have EACH zone receive a unique decal, representing the most prominent feature in the zone's skyline or notable landmark.  The Cage Consortium logo is an ideal exemplar of this in practice.  I NEVER fail to recognize Sharkhead's exit, which is how I determine which one is St. Martial, frankly.  Process of elimination.

Wait, what symbol could be more clearly uniquely indicative of St. Martial than the neon slot machine currently in place?

Coffee cup being struck by lightning for Port Oakes??  Yeah that could be improved, but StM is already pretty clear imo.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't mind a graffito asset of the Atlas Statue, I would actually love one, but I also don't think the current one as it shows up on the Beta is bad, unintuitive or in immediate need of change. It's a great opportunity for players to get creative and all, but as it stands, it fits the spread of graffiti on the Blueside elevators. (Seriously, it's all graffiti.)

And beyond that, given that Atlas Park is the first zone you'd come to the Pocket D from Blueside (and there are still bouncers that indicate exactly which zone it is), I don't exactly think it needs to be groundshakingly recognizable from the get-go. It'd just be a neat visual tie-in, and I wholly support taking the opportunity to personalize and get community interaction.

I'd also like to note that I personally like the subtle touch of making the zones progress outward from the back walls on both Blueside and Redside.

On 5/25/2021 at 9:12 AM, Jimmy said:
  • The minimum level to start the Lady Grey TF has been changed back to 45 as it was on live

• The Weakened Hamidon can now spawn from level 45 to 54

• Weakened Hamidon buds now spawn down to level 45

Unhappy with this change. Would rather have seen Hamidon spawn down to 35.

• Thanks 1

• Jimmy locked this topic