Multiple paths to Accolade Badge Powers

Probably the biggest thing that can make alting feel repetitive is the fact that in order to get the 4 ever-important Accolade buffs to HP and End, you have to check off the same list. Save the mystic again, go to these markers, don't forget Echo: Galaxy, read these plaques, run a Moonfire. Then go to these markers, read these other plaques, farm Fake Nems... etc.

Or you could take the Redside options, some of which are kind of obnoxious. (take 1 mil dmg and pay off 200k debt? Really?) But even putting that aside, that's only 2 choices. It can get a little stale.

Could we come up with some comparable steps to unlock the accolade? Maybe make them separate badges, but the buffs would not stack of course. Like hunting Paragon Protectors or Devoured instead of Fake Nems? Ancestor spirits and Sorcerers instead of Warwolves and Vampires? Or do the signature arcs instead of TFs? Or get credit for rescuing Percy instead of the Mystic. Just spitballing possibilities.

And while you're at it, is there any chance you can move all of the exploration and history markers out of the Echo zones and put them somewhere else?

Edited by RogueWolf
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Well, there's a Red way and a Blue way to get each Accolade, what if they added a Yellow way?  Complete content in Nova Praetoria, Imperial City, Neutropolis, each of their Undergrounds (I almost forgot those even exist), First Ward, and Night Ward to earn the Accolades a third way.

yep

26 minutes ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

Those accolades are free in pvp zones. 

... aren't those the "only work in PVP zone" versions, or am I remembering wrong?

And while I don't chase the accolades, I wouldn't argue with alternate paths.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

8 minutes ago, RogueWolf said:

Simply to save us the hassle of running to a zone for no other reason than to read a plaque.

How many people go, "Okay.  I just entered this zone.  Let me grab these plaques before I do anything else"?

I just finished getting the Authority Badge just the other day.  I had been to IP before of course, but still had to run to IP to go get that plaque I had never really be in the area of before.

Not to mention, there's those plaques I might've read before when I hit a zone, because you pass by them and think on it (Talos by the statue, plaque, comes to mind) but when I was actively going for Authority, I realize, I hadn't stopped at it on that character, even though I flew passed it many times (even had the exo badge nearby already).

So, going to zones for no other reason but to read a plaque, seems like it's likely to be the case, for most of the player population.  I doubt most have an add-on for nearby badges/plaques (I believe there is one, I just don't have it).

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

"Having" to do them on your alts, again and again and again, is a choice.

While technically true, for me, Atlas Medallion is a must have for all of my toons, as is Portal Jockey really. Not an absolute game-breaking necessity, but it gets aggravating running out of endo. I only feel the "need" to get TFC for my scraps and sents really. I would like to get FPR more often, but the hunting Fake Nems part gets tedious. I'd rather stab myself in the throat with a better knife than repeat one of those outdoor maps over and over like I've discovered a lot of people do. It'd just be nice to have variety for levelling.

Edited by RogueWolf

I am sort of hoping plaques get their own Tour Guide Mission Tips.  I mean, sure, I could download a map mod, etc, but I generally don't.  I do stop to read them when I notice them, but I woudln't be surprised if i commonly breeze past several without even realizing it.

(though to be fair, that's a choice I make, too....perfectly good solutions out there I dont' make use of)

• Like 1

While I don't object to the suggestion of alternate paths for some of the accolades, I object to a couple of the specific examples you mention - mostly because some of the badges mentioned (paragon protectors and sorcerers) apply to other accolades, so you'd be doubling up. And hey, look on the bright side with the villain accolades: it's no longer 2 million debt for High Pain Threshold and 10 million damage for Born in Battle!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RogueWolf said:

While technically true, for me, Atlas Medallion is a must have for all of my toons, as is Portal Jockey really. Not an absolute game-breaking necessity, but it gets aggravating running out of endo. I only feel the "need" to get TFC for my scraps and sents really. I would like to get FPR more often, but the hunting Fake Nems part gets tedious. I'd rather stab myself in the throat with a better knife than repeat one of those outdoor maps over and over like I've discovered a lot of people do. It'd just be nice to have variety for levelling.

TFC doesn't really seem like a chore, considering it's gotten easily through TFs and if one really wants to, can just wait to run some of those TFs as WST to get more merits out of them and never run them again.

1 minute ago, BrandX said:

TFC doesn't really seem like a chore, considering it's gotten easily through TFs and if one really wants to, can just wait to run some of those TFs as WST to get more merits out of them and never run them again.

Or hop redside, find someone who has the contact unlocked, and just blitz through Invader in about 20 minutes including travel and mission reset time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, siolfir said:

Or hop redside, find someone who has the contact unlocked, and just blitz through Invader in about 20 minutes including travel and mission reset time.

Is there a single contact that allows you to get those?  That's all the Mayhem missions, right?   Doesn't that require tip missions and such and not just "Load up Mayhem mission when I want"?

2 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Is there a single contact that allows you to get those?  That's all the Mayhem missions, right?   Doesn't that require tip missions and such and not just "Load up Mayhem mission when I want"?

Yes there is a single contact where a level 50 could select and run any/all of them.

But it requires an unlock (Hero Slayer badge), which is why I said find someone that has him.

Edited by siolfir

3 hours ago, BrandX said:

How many people go, "Okay.  I just entered this zone.  Let me grab these plaques before I do anything else"?

*raises hand*

I'm going for the explores in any case - nice, fast 5 merits - and the plaques tend to be on the way, so I grab them.

But I'm odd like that.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

2 minutes ago, Greycat said:

*raises hand*

I'm going for the explores in any case - nice, fast 5 merits - and the plaques tend to be on the way, so I grab them.

But I'm odd like that.

Do you do that during a TF?  Or you go zone to zone at the start?  

4 minutes ago, BrandX said:

Do you do that during a TF?  Or you go zone to zone at the start?  

It honestly depends. Usually I've been to a zone before ever dealing with a TF anyway, but if something's somewhere near an objective... sure, I'll hop over, click, and keep going.  I won't have people wait while I get *all* of them or anything - that's just rude - but if we're still forming and I have time to kill? Sure.