Build Request: Teleporting ninja

Menelruin

So I saw the mega-thread had some Nin/Nin builds, but I think they're all from before the Teleport rework.  Does anyone have a Ninja Blade / Ninjutsu stalker build that uses Teleportation?  Would be even cooler if it had Weapon Mastery.

15 hours ago, Menelruin said:

but I think they're all from before the Teleport rework

I think it's more that the builds you typically see posted are trying to maximize things like Defense, Resistance, and Recharge.  CJ, Hover, and Combat Teleport are all sort of competing for the same spot in your build: Combat Mobility.  CJ and Hover give a little extra Def(all) and let you slot LotG:Def/+GlobalRecharge IOs.  Combat TP can't and doesn't really let you slot anything else particularly exciting.  Gaussian's BuildUp proc is maybe the most interesting, but Build Up is probably the best place to put that on a Stalker.

Yeah, you can take both CJ/Hover and CTP but... extra power slot.  Though if anyone has room for that it's Ninjitsu Stalkers.  Smoke Flash is skippable (and always should be, IMO) but I'm one of those weirdos who always takes Caltrops and stuffs a Ragnarok:KD proc in it, then six-slots Blinding Powder with Coercive Persuasion. 🤪

Teleporting Ninja sounds great as a character concept, but people posting builds are mostly min/maxing, not doing cool character concepts.    But if I'm missing anything great about Teleportation, let me know.  I have a Staff/Nin stalker I am not sure what to do with build-wise as well.  There are definitely one or two power picks I could change... I just don't have many (any) slots to give the replacements.  I wouldn't drop CJ, but I already have Teleport Target, so that pool is available.  Maybe I will just try it and become a convert myself.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The +ToHit from combat teleport can be nice.  

While I have yet to use it, my understanding is it's possible to setup a keybind so that Combat Teleport will BAMPH you straight to your current target in one keystroke, no need to muddle with the ground-targetting-circle-thingy.  I can definitely see tha being useful on melee to cut down time to get to your target and just slice / stab / punch / whack.

If you wanted to go completely nuts with the idea, there's also Speed of Sound / Jaunt.  Jaunt is only available while Speed of Sound is toggled ON, but depending on builds, you may be ale to sustain that much extra endurance/sec cost.  Jaunt + Combat Teleport = I can be anywhere, anytime. Probably overkill to have both?  But hey, sometimes Overkill is fun. 

18 hours ago, MTeague said:

The +ToHit from combat teleport can be nice.  

While I have yet to use it, my understanding is it's possible to setup a keybind so that Combat Teleport will BAMPH you straight to your current target in one keystroke, no need to muddle with the ground-targetting-circle-thingy.  I can definitely see tha being useful on melee to cut down time to get to your target and just slice / stab / punch / whack.

If you wanted to go completely nuts with the idea, there's also Speed of Sound / Jaunt.  Jaunt is only available while Speed of Sound is toggled ON, but depending on builds, you may be ale to sustain that much extra endurance/sec cost.  Jaunt + Combat Teleport = I can be anywhere, anytime. Probably overkill to have both?  But hey, sometimes Overkill is fun. 

I have a DualPistols/Martial Blapper who uses
/bind j "PowExecLocation Target Burst of Speed$$PowExecToggleOn Reaction Time"
to Jump into melee and
/bind k "PowExecLocation 180:44 Combat Teleport$$PowExecToggleOff Reaction Time"
to Kick back to blasting range (max range for Empty Clips).  It is tons of fun.

I have also used

/bind j PowExecLocation Target Burst of Speed

on melee toons to jump from mob to mob.

This is a build modified from NinjaBlade/Dark to Nin/Nin... Beyond Vision(Ninja).mxd

Edited by Zepp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

1 hour ago, Zepp said:

I have a DualPistols/Martial Blapper who uses
/bind j "PowExecLocation Target Burst of Speed$$PowExecToggleOn Reaction Time"
to Jump into melee and
/bind k "PowExecLocation 180:44 Combat Teleport$$PowExecToggleOff Reaction Time"
to Kick back to blasting range (max range for Empty Clips).  It is tons of fun.

I have also used

/bind j PowExecLocation Target Burst of Speed

on melee toons to jump from mob to mob.

This is a build modified from NinjaBlade/Dark to Nin/Nin... Beyond Vision(Ninja).mxd

This looks awesome, thank you so much!

I've been trying out the improved TP pool on a Rad/EnA scrapper, and it's a really cool way to run a melee. 

Combat TP is a breath of fresh air after so many characters with hover/ CJ. Do follow the advice to bind it to a key to Teleport to your target, makes it fast and fluid.

Fold Space so far is a good way to clump a scattered group. There are probably other tricks i don't know about. 

Teleport is much more usable bound to double left click, and the hover and endurance discount changes make it much easier to travel. 

Your build would be completely different than mine, but here's the thread for ideas. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

So I was doing a respec on my Staff/Nin Stalker to improve defenses and resistance and... I thought of this thread.  So I figured what the heck and spec'd into Combat TP.  I already had the pool open for Tele Target anyway and like I said before, Ninjitsu can be kinda loose in the build, so I had room.  I still have Superjump for travel so I didn't go with Teleport and I kept CJ for normal combat movement.  Gotta have my super-ninja-jump on this ninja-themed character.

CT is nice, but there is one thing that may convince me to spec back out of it and it's particular to Staff.   CT causes redraw and staff has no no-redraw option.  Bummer!   So I BAMF into a crowd and then.... hang on while I draw this weapon again and THEN beat you with it!  I can definitely see this being cooler with something that has a smashy/flashy non-weapon PBAoE like Ice, Rad, or Fire.  I might even consider it for my Ice/SD for those moments when Shield Charge is on cooldown and I want a low-rent alternative to satisfy by zoom and boom craving: CT + Frozen Aura from Hide... hmmmm.  But what to trade for it?  That's gonna be a much harder decision.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Heres my combat teleport macro set up. Pick and choose your power and plug it in. Mind you, I have a corsair gaming mouse with buttons on the side MOUSE 4 and 5 so those are for quick access

------------------------------------------------------Teleport------------------------------------------------
/bind lshift+lbutton powexec_name Teleport
/bind lshift+lbutton powexec_name Combat Teleport

(( this is my main mobility teleport in general. Click a point in space and poof there))
/bind lshift+lbutton "powexec_name Teleport$$local *BAMF*"

/bind BUTTON4 "powexec_name Combat Teleport$$powexec_location target Combat Teleport"

(( this is my main one for combat^))

/macro BAMF "powexec_name Combat Teleport$$powexec_location target Combat Teleport"
/macro Recall "tell $target, I'm about to move you to my location.$$powexecname Teleport Target"

-Hold Right Mouse, then Left click aiming center of screen for max distance teleport-
/bind mousechord+lshift powexeclocation camera:max teleport
/bind mousechord powexeclocation camera:max Combat Teleport
/bind mousechord "$$powexec_toggleon Fly$$+forward"
/bind mousechord "$$powexec_toggleon Speed of Sound$$powexeclocation camera:max Jaunt"
/bind lctrl+lbutton powexec_name Spring Attack
/bind lalt+lbutton powexec_name Team Teleport
/bind lctrl+lbutton powexec_name Teleport
3) Using the numberpad, select a Teammate by ordered number and teleport to them: [[  /bind numpad2 "team_select 2$$powexec_location target Teleport"  ]]

The example above is teammate #2. Set up a bind for each teammate 1 through 8. The tricky part about this is that it requires two clicks, one to select the target, and one to teleport. Just quickly double-click the key to get over there instantly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Cakes
formatting