Coordinates

thunderforce

I've just seen Faultline on Discord complaining we can't quite decide if coordinates are x,y,z (as in the Coordinates page) or x,z,y (as in one Demo Editing page and the Location Header template). The two points of view seem to be that a triplet of coordinates should always be x,y,z (which I agree with, and from what Faultline is saying, seems to be the internal representation) versus an idea that the Z axis is always vertical.

I've changed this since I hope a decade-old convention amongst demo editors might now be dead... but this is a pretty drastic move and if anyone hates it, say so. But we should surely be consistent in any event.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

I agree that the triplet should be x, y, z, even if the axes those letters represent in-game are different from what those axes typically represent in real-world applications. I do GIS work for a surveyor, so they way the game handles the x, y, and z axes (not to mention the positive/negative directions) makes my brain hurt sometimes. But, as you noted, the single most important thing is consistency so I am all in favor of these changes and appreciate your getting that ball rolling. I've modified the thumbtack page I made a little while ago and I'll do a quick check around to see if I need to change it anywhere else (aside from the places you've already changed, of course).

EDIT: Found a few more instances related to the thumbtack and loc pages, so I changed those as well.

Edited by AboveTheChemist

Thanks.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.