GM/AV killer /Rad or /Cold, what pets???

The_Warpact

To start i have no experience with Rad on an MM, I had a Demon/Cold who could slay anything it came in contact with. I deleted because the constant noise was tiring when you're in a protracted battle vs Freedom Phalanx or a GM battle.

Anything different with Rad on MM vs other ATs? I know Cold is good but no heal sorta sucks.

Any thoughts?

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

Never really played Rad much, but I know Traps is a good set for AV/Boss killing. Far as pets, well, Robots have weak ST damage, but come with a big beefy -regen debuff as a staple. But I am not sure if that would offset the weak ST damage in a av/gm situation. But I do GM kill with my robots/elec, so I do know they are capable of it, I just don't know which would be best, specifically if you have /Rad for a secondary. 

I never made a character specifically for AV/GM killing, but I do know that -regen is pretty much a  must have, so make sure you have that in your build somewhere.

• 2 weeks later

Cold's good, and Sorcery's Spirit Ward fills in the healing hole nicely. The next best ST DPS for pets are ninjas and beasts. I'd favour beasts over ninjas because they're more tanky, and the difference there is negligible compared to the time saved that you would otherwise spend resummoning. I recommend going deep into the speed pool to pick up burnout so you can doublestack sleet, benumb, and heat loss.

The issue with rad as a (solo) AV killer for MMs is that you don't have anything to really keep your pets alive. The debuff toggles fall off when you're mezzed and you can't use your healing aura when you're mezzed, and you will be mezzed. It's normally not a problem on an MM because the pets are still in play, but if the toggles are your pet's only defence, it becomes a problem. I did test a beast/rad MM on the test server thinking that beast's natural ability to softcap themselves would be enough on its own, and it is, but I put in way more work to achieve half of the effect cold can achieve with very little effort, and it was expensive to boot. Also, it was a huge endurance problem. MMs already have an endurance nightmare, and unfortunately AM's recovery isn't enough to make up for both toggles and all the other things you should be running as an MM.

Edited by Katharos
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done? 

On 6/14/2021 at 6:34 PM, Katharos said:

The debuff toggles fall off when you're mezzed and you can't use your healing aura when you're mezzed,

Pretty sure the healing aura keeps going when mezzed.  Not sure about toggles if mezzed.  But debuffs persist even when target dies so....

Ive found thugs/rad, bots/rad and  demon/rad a very nice combo.  I prefer to dark only cause of my playstyle.  Dark is my other go to 

Edited by RageusQuitus2

5 minutes ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

Pretty sure the healing aura keeps going when mezzed.  Not sure about toggles if mezzed.  But debuffs persist even when target dies so....

You've found a way to use radiant aura, a click ability, while you're stunned/held/slept? I'd love to hear how! We're going to have to take it to the bug report subforum, so as much detail as possible is important.

29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done? 

You've found a way to use radiant aura, a click ability, while you're stunned/held/slept? I'd love to hear how! We're going to have to take it to the bug report subforum, so as much detail as possible is important.

I have it as my auto.

Sorry does that not make sense?  It autofires, has the green circle set around it in my tray.  Maybe i just havent gotten mezzed enough to notice.  I honestly thought it was a thing for support heals.  Pretty sure my dark defender will continue to fire off the heal when mezzed.

Edited by RageusQuitus2
Elaborated on my answer
  • Confused 2

No as far as I know you should be unable to use Radiant Aura when mezzed.  Sounds like a bug.  And you definitely shouldn't be able to use Twilight's Grasp as it targets and debuffs your foes as well as heals.  The only click power I currently know works when mezzed (off the top of my head) is Practiced Brawler which is a self effecting only anti-mez power.  And upon further thought Rune of Protection can be used while mezzed.  But again it's a self effecting only power.

But I  can't pop in game and check it out one way or the other.

32 minutes ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

Im sure i have it wrong.  Must not get mezzed often enough to notice.

Tackle some up rank late game DE (or Malta) solo you'll know for sure 😜.  AM does have mez resistance if I'm not mistaken along with some IO based mez resistance might be fairly short if closer to +0 mobs than +4.

52 minutes ago, JJDrakken said:

Bots & Poison  Bots already have a built in -regen in them.  Poison is very stong when it comes to single target debuffing.

Here is a Build: Mastermind - Robotics - Poison.mxd

My first villain when CoV came out the gate was a Bots/poison. Man, it was rough in the old days, when equip and upgrade were applied singly to the minions on a long cool down. The pets didn't zone in the mission with you and door ambushes were common in CoV content. The build is definitely a big game hunter when its all summoned and upgraded. 😄