Greetings to all

Everyone,

It's been a decidedly unpleasant break - Nov. 30 2012 to June 5 2021 - but I am enormously pleased to be able to say "Hello" to a Paragon City that has opened its doors and streets to punks, mask-wearing thugs and arch-villains who just won't take a hint and start hitting the Hollywood studios looking for a subject promotion that gets major approval and is caught in development hell.  Paragon Chat was nice, although not even having the burger places open was a bit off-putting.  I am looking forward very much to facing off against no-goodniks who refuse, as a matter of principle, to recognize that mugging that girl in the Kings Row alley just ain't gonna make this month's rent payment, and the hordes of orange-jumpsuited losers in Brickstown who keep trying to imitate that breakout scene in The Dark Knight Rises.  Also, as an inveterate pen-and-paper RPGer, the boys and I are going to be putting the character creator to great use when designing heroes for ICONS.

All foolishness aside, I am so very happy to be back with the gang, and also wondering if there's something that can be made as a contribution - it'd have to be minor, true, but I'd still like to make the gesture - to help keep this blessed resource online.  See everyone at Atlas Park soon.

Edited by Black Talon
misspell
  • Like 11

If you would like to contribute, there are a few ways:

If you're made of the "Right Stuff" (so to speak), then volunteering as a GM or Community Helper/Rep is a possibility:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/26436-game-master-community-helper-application/

If you want to make a monetary contribution, then the Donation Window is open only during the last Saturday of each month, and at a random time to provide different community members different odds of getting in.  It's usually quite challenging to get your donation in before the window closes since there are just so many other members in the community who are hyped to contribute this way:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/29268-june-2021-donations-finances/

Finally, if you have talents and meet other requirements, the Homecoming Team does open the doors for new Devs to join, but the details on this process and the full requirements are sketchy.  Check out the "Future Recruitment" threads in particular:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/50-developers-corner/

And @Black Talon?

Welcome Home.

• Like 2

Dagga Roosta and the Cheeky Bastard | Sugarfree, breadless ...

In answer to a few standard questions and pointing out some new things...

Excelsior is the most populated server. 

Everlasting is the role-playing server

Reunion is the European server

The others are the...well, hmm...the servers for those who like it quieter or less populated I suppose.  That by no means implies barren.  I'm sure members of those servers will be happy to extol their virtues.  😊

Homecoming is not static to 2012.  You'll do yourself a big favor taking the time to read "Issue" and "Page" notes.  Right off the bat I'll point out that travel arrangements took a very different turn recently (which I personally find to be very nice), but you'll definitely want to read up on those.  Also make sure to collect all the Atlas Park exploration badges ASAP, as that unlocks a key component to the new travel arrangement.    Some travel changes are within the 3rd column powers themselves, including new groupings, so definitely take the time to acquaint yourself with them. 

Enhancements have also undergone major changes.  Single Origin enhancements can now be acquired much earlier, and the new Upgrade button in the manage enhancements screen allows upgrading them to the max your level permits, assuming you have the cash to do it.  I've found this works better than crafted enhancements right up to level 38.

There's a new zone useful for big gatherings like costume contests, and well...read the Issue and Page notes.

Oh, and have fun!

PS -  I think a few of the pen-and-paper players chime in down in the "real life" sections of the Homecoming forums, so you might want to have a look down there.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Everyone, thank you all so much for the replies and the advisories on what to/what not to eat from the Horn of Cornucopia.  I do have every intention of contributing a couple bucks per month, as I think the Devs/Moderators damn well deserve it, but at present, I simply do not have the time or opportunity to act in a refereeing capacity myself; I hope that such will develop at some point in the not-too-distant future.  Re the '70s Welcome Back picture...this provides some major inspiration for the creation of a new SG, the ultimate SG, and here it is: Yes, The Sweathogs!  The player who brings in the most SG cash per month gets the "Vinnie Barbarino" award, while the guy/girl pulling the caboose gets "Horshack".  The SG leader gets the title "Gabe" title, and has his/her own residence in the base, although SG members are expected to watch and hear everything he/she does; there will be an expectation of audience participation for the YouTube laugh-track.  Okay, I've mutilated this particular bit about as far out of context as reasonably possible - maybe more than just a bit - but I really want to thank everyone for their participation on this.  It has struck me that, on at least a couple boards I've been on, the higher the median age of the participants, the more polite and friendly they tend to be (at least generally).  Hoping to engage on a somewhat frequent basis with the dudes/dudettes here, and pass along some of the, "You'll never believe what happened in Kings Row today..." stories.  Will be cruising the different forums/threads soon, and hope to be in contact, both as a life-saving teammate and fellow conversant around the house barbeque.

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2021 at 4:01 PM, Techwright said:

Dagga Roosta and the Cheeky Bastard | Sugarfree, breadless ...

In answer to a few standard questions and pointing out some new things...

Excelsior is the most populated server. 

Everlasting is the role-playing server

Reunion is the European server

The others are the...well, hmm...the servers for those who like it quieter or less populated I suppose.  That by no means implies barren.  I'm sure members of those servers will be happy to extol their virtues.  😊

Homecoming is not static to 2012.  You'll do yourself a big favor taking the time to read "Issue" and "Page" notes.  Right off the bat I'll point out that travel arrangements took a very different turn recently (which I personally find to be very nice), but you'll definitely want to read up on those.  Also make sure to collect all the Atlas Park exploration badges ASAP, as that unlocks a key component to the new travel arrangement.    Some travel changes are within the 3rd column powers themselves, including new groupings, so definitely take the time to acquaint yourself with them. 

Enhancements have also undergone major changes.  Single Origin enhancements can now be acquired much earlier, and the new Upgrade button in the manage enhancements screen allows upgrading them to the max your level permits, assuming you have the cash to do it.  I've found this works better than crafted enhancements right up to level 38.

There's a new zone useful for big gatherings like costume contests, and well...read the Issue and Page notes.

Oh, and have fun!

PS -  I think a few of the pen-and-paper players chime in down in the "real life" sections of the Homecoming forums, so you might want to have a look down there.

Indom has consistent nightly league events that are organized and well run:

1. Hami in the Abyss 6:30pm

2. MSR 8pm and 9pm ...once on Mondays

3. iTrials in Pocket at 10pm til ....... 

• Like 2

/e poofgone