What Duo could efficiently get through a +0 MOITF?

mistagoat

The MO part mostly comes down to player and playstyle but what is a good complimentary Duo for ITFs?

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

Lots of duos could solo a +0 MoITF. There are many toons that have soloed the MoITF at base difficulty, and quite a few have done it at +4/8. I have soloed a MoITF at base difficulty on two of my tankers (Shield Defense / Energy Melee, Super Reflexes / War Mace). It was not efficient.

One relatively safe approach would be to bring a melee toon or an Illusion controller with powersets that are known to be able to solo the MoITF at max difficulty (e.g. a Shield/EM tanker), and combine it with a blaster or with a corruptor that has solid buffs/debuffs (e.g. Cold, Dark, Kinetics, Nature, Time).

"Efficiently" is the tricky part. Not being a speedrunner, I don't know how to answer that part of your question.

Certainly, lots of combos will work.

I did it a few nights ago with a tank buddy, I was a cold troller. It worked very well and we got through it in 1:17. Afterward we were just chatting about how we could best optimize our little team to beat that time. We're both happy to make new toons specifically for this purpose.

How do you think 2 ill/somethings would work? They have plenty of damage and we could have 2 flavors of debuffs. Maybe ill/rad and ill/dark? The cysts could get tricky without a real tank/brute but maybe it could be mitigated a bit with the extra control.

If we go the tank/brute & debuffer route again, is there a combo that would really compliment one another?

Just looking for a fun way to test ourselves :)

SCRAPPER: Sir Kit Breaker-Elec/Shield *DumDum Pounder-WM/Shield *Snoglobe-Claws/Ice *Ice Flow Joe-Axe/Ice *TANK: Gamma Goon-Rad/Rad *Bernjamin Tanklin-fire/claws *Skullgrin Von Killjoy-Invul/SS *Frozen Snowshoo-Ice/Ice Quarry Goon-Stone/SS *BRUTE: Megahertz Donut-EM/Shield *Ohm Ahgerd Stone/Elec *Shadow Goon-Dark/Dark *Devilaint Le'Z-Rad/Fire *STALKER: Double OHM 7-EM/EA *Sir Kit Interupt-Elec/Shield *TROLLER: Chilly Lilly-Ice/Rad *Chlorophyllis Vance-Plant/Storm *Mechamoo-Elec/Cold *Johnny Burnsalot-Fire/Kin *Countess Gone-Ill/Dark *Lady Gone-Dark/Dark *Calpernia Tomik-Ill/Rad *Porkchop Scallywag-Fire/Nat *Gone Daddy-Plant/Dark *Merrie Melody-Symp/Dark *Toot Sweet-Fire/Dark *Lord Gone-Grav/Dark *Misty Burnsalot-Fire/Storm *Maddie Burnsalot-Fire/Rad *DOM: Scorched Eartha-Earth/Fire *Gazebo Malarkey-Dark/Psi *Clawsin Bloom-Plant/Savage *Diatomaceous Earl-Plant/Thorn *Permafrostasha-Plant/Ice *Corn Cob Earth/Earth *MM: Stupid Robot-Bot/Elec *Dark Leader-Demons/Dark *Silas Greenback-Thugs/Time *FENDER: *Dr. Gone-Dark/Dark *BAG3L-FF/Sonic *BLASTER: PinPointress-Arch/TA *Shimmy Burnsalot-Fire/TA *Lil Beefy-Ice/Fire *H0TT-fire/fire *CORRUPTOR: Shady Burnsalot-Fire/Dark *Kinetic Koala-Ice/Kin *Atmospheric Hazel-Water/Storm *Hami Dum-Seismic/Nature *MiHami Heat-Fire/Nature *SOA *Big Gravy-Crabbermind *Sentinel: NP Seymour-Elec/Regen

Honestly, any two well built toons of any combination can do it.  Probably the trickiest part will be the auto-damage of the final fight.  I think that can be defeated by just alternating rebirth destiny clicks, which any toon can have.   But there's tons of other ways to get over that hurdle. 

If I were min-maxing an optimal pair, I'd probably start with a high damage meat shield plus a high damage support toon both built to compliment each other's survivability.  For example, a resistance based brute with a defense based corruptor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Ideally, I think you'd want a damage dealer who can hold aggro and a strong debuffer.  That's where I'd go if I were picking a duo for the task.

Having said that, it's REALLY not hard.  I duoed MoITF (successfully) with my BS/regen scrapper and my girlfriend's peacebringer.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

52 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

Psi Melee / Shield Tank

Fire / Cold Domination Defender

Guessing Psi because its not resisted?  I'm not very familiar with that set.

I was considering a fire/cold troller but a fire/cold dom/fender is intriguing as well.

2 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Ideally, I think you'd want a damage dealer who can hold aggro and a strong debuffer.  That's where I'd go if I were picking a duo for the task.

Having said that, it's REALLY not hard.  I duoed MoITF (successfully) with my BS/regen scrapper and my girlfriend's peacebringer.

Sure, as I said earlier, I did it not too long ago and we did just fine. I guess my goal here is to fine tune the formula. 

I'm curious, how long did it take you and your gf to complete it without a real debuffer? Or are PBs more debuffy than I realize?

21 minutes ago, mistagoat said:

Guessing Psi because its not resisted?  I'm not very familiar with that set.

I was considering a fire/cold troller but a fire/cold dom/fender is intriguing as well.

Spot on for the tank, they also have access to crowd control powers. The Cold Domination Defender, just for the abundance of amazing buffs and debuffs. Fire for additional damage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 6/8/2021 at 1:24 PM, Shred Monkey said:

If I were min-maxing an optimal pair, I'd probably start with a high damage meat shield plus a high damage support toon both built to compliment each other's survivability.  For example, a resistance based brute with a defense based corruptor.

We duoed the ITF pretty easily with a fire/fire brute and an ice/cold corr.  It wasn't MO, but then we weren't trying for that.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

47 minutes ago, mistagoat said:

I'm curious, how long did it take you and your gf to complete it without a real debuffer? Or are PBs more debuffy than I realize?

I don't recall, but I asked her and she said it was forty-something minutes.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

I'll chime in that I agree that I think most combinations of Tough/Melee and Debuff/something ought to be able to handle an even level MoITF. I've never tried to solo it, but I did pair my Dark/Time Blaster with a Scrapper to get it done (at some elevated difficulty level). We actually had a second scrapper who started with us at level 40 (we were incarnate),  so we had an additional challenge (of a sort).

The only other detail I recall about that effort was the compliment (backhanded?) that I demonstrated 'I knew how to keep myself alive.'  Despite Blackstar and End of Time being PBAoE, and the melee Future Pain working with the Time Controls, there was NO WAY I was going to toss the MoITF attempt by trying to Blapper. Dark is a perfectly fine ranged offensive set, thank you very Darkly! (Especially when keeping an eye on our third man!)