Gunner's BadgeDRADIS - now available!

THIS POST HAS BEEN MASSIVELY RE-EDITED. SOME RESPONSES MAY BE NONSENSIFIED AS A RESULT.

Gunner's BadgeDRADIS is now available for download.

BadgeDRADIS is a new popmenu-based badge-hunting tool. Installation is simple (and complete info is included, even for non-geeks) and it allows you to pop up a menu, click a badge name, and have a thumbtack appear on the map for that badge. Run to the thumbtack and collect the badge... it's that easy.

Yes, there's a very, very good badge-hunter's tool already, @AboveTheChemist's BadgeSetList, which you can get over here. Recommended for all serious badge mavens.

So why BadgeDRADIS? It's much leaner, and can be made leaner yet. It does one and only one job, pinpoints badge locations in the current zone. Which is probably all most players doing casual exploration badge hunting need, even if it's just to collect that one badge per zone to activate the Long Range Teleporter. Need more? Use SetBadgeList. Like simplicity? Use BadgeDRADIS.

• BadgeDRADIS installs quickly, from six popmenu files and three bindfiles that make setup easier.
  • BadgeDRADIS has an all-zones option, but also individual shard/side options so that you only have to navigate Blue-side, Red-side, Gold-side etc. badge menus at any one time.
  • BadgeDRADIS includes macro setup files to produce macro icons that allow instant switching of the menu mode. Here's what the control tray can look like if you're tidy:

2102597119_BadgeDRADIStrayexample.png.86c793a35f162dbf6ebbf40905084f65.png

And here's what a random menu looks like:

2002664729_BadgeDRADISmenuexample.thumb.jpg.218ad724c327b0c11094f46c55af6e08.jpg

• THANKS to the Devs for putting in the /thumbtack feature that makes this all possible!
  • THANKS to @AboveTheChemist for feedback and the kind offer to use the validated, accurate badge location list from his version!

SUPER SIMPLE GET-AND-INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

1. Read the user guide first, if you want: BadgeDRADIS-user-guide-v2-0-0.pdf
  2. Download this complete install archive (includes the guide): BadgeDRADISv200.zip
  3. Follow simple install instructions (put some files in your game folders)
  4. Done!

Edited by Shenanigunner
Rewrote for update and clarity.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Amazing!

Commander Adama would be so proud!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 7/10/2021 at 3:22 AM, Shenanigunner said:

Grab the BadgeDRADIS ZIP file. The best place is to grab it from the website, since that version will be continually updated.

What website?

• Thumbs Up 1

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

8 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

I didn't find it on Shenanigunner.com, so it's a valid question.

That site isn't mentioned in the OP. No site is 🤷

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

Sorry, the website is in my sig. I thought that was prominent enough.

And the panel/link for it is right there on the first page.

I also attached the tiny zip file to the first message in this post.

I'll, uh, work to make it more clear next time. 

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

50 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Sorry, the website is in my sig. I thought that was prominent enough.

Can't see signatures when viewing on mobile.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

And the panel/link for it is right there on the first page.

Sorry, still can't see a link. When you say panel, do you mean one of the images? Is the link behind one of those?

53 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

I also attached the tiny zip file to the first message in this post.

Yes, you did. 

But you also said this

On 7/10/2021 at 3:22 AM, Shenanigunner said:

The best place is to grab it from the website, since that version will be continually updated.

so I was looking for a link and can't see one 🤷

42 minutes ago, Lunchmoney said:

Can't see signatures when viewing on mobile.

I'll keep that in mind.

41 minutes ago, Lunchmoney said:

Sorry, still can't see a link. When you say panel, do you mean one of the images? Is the link behind one of those?

I mean this panel of the first (and pretty much only) web site page:

image.png.8503e0905edf603b2a2a9add6130ff8c.png

...which isn't really a necessary jump, as the whole thing (the tiny ZIP file) is already attached to my first post. The 'get it from the website' note was meant more for people stumbling across this later, when checking for an updated version might be useful.

Sorry this was not any more clear... 🙂

ETA: I've revised the website with a TOC to try to make things a little easier. I don't think anything in my original post or site link was confusing enough to have sent anyone on a wild-goose chase, though... 🤪

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Thumbs Up 1

Completely rewrote and updated original post. Not a usual thing to do, but there was too much confusion from my hasty write-up.

BadgeDRADIS has been completely updated, not the least with highly accurate badge locations, thanks to @AboveTheChemist's kind input.

Complete guide and complete archive linked in first post. Updates, if any, will be on the website (www.Shenanigunner.com).

PS- if anyone knows how to get rid of that extraneous final image in the first post, please PM me (or mods, delete it, thanks). I can't figure out how to remove uploaded images from posts or keep them from auto-appearing...

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Curiosity has me back.  DRADIS seems like it is likely an acronym.

Could you expand on what the title is/means?

Sorry, maybe it's all too-too in-group fannish, but it tickled me.

I first called it BadgeHunter, then BadgeRadar, then (being a sometime-and-again Battlestar Galactica fan) BadgeDRADIS after the name of the radar system used in that show. (It either stands for Direction-RAnge-DIStance, which is redundant, or Direction-Right Ascension-DIStance.)

• Thumbs Up 1