Redside, busiest server?

Snarky

My Redside project, while 98% solo, does appreciate a team for things like TFs and certain badges.  I started him on Excelsior, which usually has about 10-12 villains in the 1-10 range.  Not sure about later levels.  Just started watching it.  Are other servers the same or busier?

I suspect if you just shout out in the LFG channel " This is Snarky, can somebody lend me a hand Redside?"  people will Null the Gull over to you and help out. It only takes 3 minutes tops to complete the process and Base TP to whatever zone you are in. Most folks are pretty nice,  you should have a team quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Percentage wise, the shard with the highest red side population is Everlasting.  Second highest is Torchbearer.

Numbers wise, the shard with the highest red side population is Everlasting.  Second highest is Excelsior.

A good friend of mine and I (both red siders), both recently mostly left Excelsior for Torchbearer, and I haven’t had greater difficulty getting a team for red side content on Torchbearer than I had with Excelsior.  You should be fine with any of those three shards.

Edited by Apparition
  • Like 1

Yeah, I am really established on Excelsior.  I just am always questioning things.  But it would be inconvenient to have an odd duck on an odd server.  Really need (want) 2 more DFBs, and the DiBs....those boosts seriously help until you start slotting big set bonuses 30+

16 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Yeah, I am really established on Excelsior.  I just am always questioning things.  But it would be inconvenient to have an odd duck on an odd server.  Really need (want) 2 more DFBs, and the DiBs....those boosts seriously help until you start slotting big set bonuses 30+

Good luck.  Even on Excelsior, out of over two dozen attempts to form red side DFBs during the first year of Homecoming, I only ever managed to get about four rolling.  I eventually gave up.  Now I either do them blue side or solo them at level 50 for the badges.  It stinks, but it is what it is.

• Sad 1

I'm based on Torch. I thought the grass would be greener for  Villain Strike Force on Everlast but I was wrong.

When my tokens renew I'm going to post a inactive alt on the other servers so I can que Strike Force interest  without wasting a token unless people are ready. 

I was trying to think of a way to improve the current que system. I've never gotten the que to work for me. Maybe a que system that doesn't lock down your alt so you can do other stuff on other alts while waiting for others to show interest. Currently asking in broadcast is the only system that works for me. 

4 minutes ago, ILIWAPCT said:

I'm based on Torch. I thought the grass would be greener for  Villain Strike Force on Everlast but I was wrong.

When my tokens renew I'm going to post a inactive alt on the other servers so I can que Strike Force interest  without wasting a token unless people are ready. 

I was trying to think of a way to improve the current que system. I've never gotten the que to work for me. Maybe a que system that doesn't lock down your alt so you can do other stuff on other alts while waiting for others to show interest. Currently asking in broadcast is the only system that works for me. 

No one I know Ques.  We form through LFG and private channels.  I would come to the message boards to form before setting up a que

I've been on Everlasting since March when I got into Homecoming for the first time.   I've only been on Excelsior the past few days with Flea's SO challenge, so grain of salt, but my impression is that there's more redside activity on Excelsior.    It's honestly pretty dead redside on Everlasting despite what the server stats say about the ratio of players.  You almost never see contact or paper teams and even not so often any SFs outside of the WST.

• Thanks 1

I mostly play on Indom. Overall population is becoming more and more scarce, but I do see quite a few people running around the Isles. Probably all doing stuff solo. Calls for help with this or that usually get some response except from 6pm on (Hami raids followed by MSRs followed by I-trials. Daily.)

I do have a couple villains on Excelsior, though. If you plan something, holler at me. I'll join with what I have. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZemX said:

I've been on Everlasting since March when I got into Homecoming for the first time.   I've only been on Excelsior the past few days with Flea's SO challenge, so grain of salt, but my impression is that there's more redside activity on Excelsior.    It's honestly pretty dead redside on Everlasting despite what the server stats say about the ratio of players.  You almost never see contact or paper teams and even not so often any SFs outside of the WST.

Most of us who are devoted to the red side on Ev tend to be solos, I suspect. 

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

8 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Most of us who are devoted to the red side on Ev tend to be solos, I suspect. 

Yes, this is the dichotomy of even starting a thread like this.  Redsiders tend to be solo players.  Stereotype?  True?  Who gives a crap.

I am a solo player.  I just want the convenience of 7 other people who don't mind getting blood up to their elbows to help with specific tasks.  Sometimes it really helps to have a Suicide Squad. But other than that I will go back to solo play.  (I will help a villain if one shouts out....)

But asking for the busiest server that I plan to solo on 98% time?   It is the laughable situation most Redsiders find ourselves in.  Where is it busy?  I mean, I want to solo.  Where it is busy....

I have seen a few players try to boost red side population by doing the following: 

Giving a token amount of inf ...1M, I think. Maybe 10M to new villains in Mercy. 
Free farms for new villains in Mercy. 
Free farms for villains in the level 10-20 range. 
Playing "hide & seek" in the red side zones for various prizes. 

With Null the Gull, I think these are short term solutions to long term problems. Most people are just more comfortable or prefer blue side for a host of different reasons. As a result, most people are vigilante and make the trip to red side when the opportunities align with their moods. 

When new content arrives, badgers and others will appear, do the content then revert back to old habits. 
I don't see a change. 

My best suggestion is to use the SG to full advantage. You have a decent idea of when your play time is, use the Content-request channel to ask for these tfs/trials/missions on a routine basis. You may not get 8, but you certainly won't if you don't ask. 

Alternatively - you lead the teams you want to have formed. 

• Thumbs Up 2