Terror Volta's Something Wicked Sundays

TraumaTrain

Wow, this sounds fun! I always love an excuse to create a new character. 🙂 I will miss our old friend Terror Volta, but welcome your new leader of SWS. I kind of like the idea of going along with you every Sunday for the completionist run. I have never ever done that, so maybe it's time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool, this sounds fun. I'll be starting in the Zig with you on Buried Belle.

• Thanks 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

That was an amazing run! Doing all the Mercy Missions with a full Team definitely felt totally different, wading through hordes of Snakes and the likes...

Looking forward to Port Oakes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Thanks, Ban! It was a lot of fun. We'll be in Mercy for some time yet. There are several contacts there, and we'll come back to it between level 15-20.

This Sunday we'll jam through Doctor Creed and Mongoose. They were introduced to us by Matthew Burke and Kalinda respectively. Those four represent the original contacts from back in the day before they changed how Mercy worked.

We'll also probably have time to get through Operative Kuzmin and maybe even Firewire too. (I always choose Firewire over the other option.)

After that, we have Lt. Harris and then Dr. Graves will take us into Port Oakes.

There are a lot of early game contacts in Mercy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was wondering if we were gonna do Kuzmin's arc; it's a fun one. Firewire is definitely the more fun arc of the two contact choices. I've never done a completionist strategy before, so this will be a fun little adventure. Teaming these early runs redside is so nice as well; some of those enemy types can really fuck up certain AT's when you're trying to solo.

• Thumbs Up 2

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

I've done a completionist run of red side a few times. I'm in the middle of one now actually with a new brute I created about a week and a half ago named Cookbook. (Fire Melee/Bio-Armor. Absolutely devastating, especially when Fury is built up.)

So I have it fairly well planned out how we'll proceed along. I will post a roadmap for us so everyone can see how we'll progress.

Again, totally not mandatory to get all the contacts and pause XP like I'll be doing, but it'll be super cool if you want to. If someone has to miss a week, you'll know what to do to keep up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's great  fun so far!  I have few notes/habits for these lower levels:

Spoiler

If flashing back, the "Snake-be-gone" temp. power from Op. Grillo's arc can be very useful here.

Be careful of killing of Lt. Harris at the end of his arc, since it blocks completion of Firewire's arc in flashback.

When doing paper missions, try to get as many Skulls, Lost, Trolls, and Warriors ones as possible because they spawn rarely, if at all, redside.

Be careful of defeating the lone Outcast boss at the end of the Hammer of Destruction arc, since it's the only such boss redside and creates a badge progress bar maddening to fill.

• Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I was wondering if we were gonna do Kuzmin's arc; it's a fun one. Firewire is definitely the more fun arc of the two contact choices. I've never done a completionist strategy before, so this will be a fun little adventure. Teaming these early runs redside is so nice as well; some of those enemy types can really fuck up certain AT's when you're trying to solo.

I usually make a point to do Kuzmin/Firewire/Lt. Harris on my new characters to get the Freedom Cracker badge, and sort of simultaneously doing Dr. Graves. I like how they designed those new contacts more for new players to give some instruction about contacts, glowies, traveling on the ferry, etc, that Burke and Kalinda didn't have from the original Mercy set up. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Burnt Umber said:

It's great  fun so far!  I have few notes/habits for these lower levels:

Hide contents

If flashing back, the "Snake-be-gone" temp. power from Op. Grillo's arc can be very useful here.

Be careful of killing of Lt. Harris at the end of his arc, since it blocks completion of Firewire's arc in flashback.

When doing paper missions, try to get as many Skulls, Lost, Trolls, and Warriors ones as possible because they spawn rarely, if at all, redside.

Be careful of defeating the lone Outcast boss at the end of the Hammer of Destruction arc, since it's the only such boss redside and creates a badge progress bar maddening to fill.

This is great stuff, Umber, now I'll need to add these to my repertoire 😄 Thank you!

• 4 weeks later

Sorry y'all, I know I missed today; I was super tired and ended up sleeping in, lol. I'll either catch Bell up to where you're at on my own, or bring a different alt to hang out next week.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Sorry y'all, I know I missed today; I was super tired and ended up sleeping in, lol. I'll either catch Bell up to where you're at on my own, or bring a different alt to hang out next week.

No worries! We did the second Billy Heck story arc and then all of Angelo Vendetti. Easy enough to catch up.

We turned XP back on in Vendetti's final mission and everyone hit level 10.

Next week we'll do Radio. And we also have Veluna Lunata and Dr. Grave's second arc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

I'll be there tomorrow on Frankie Freakie (though spelled in 1337 speak like Freaks lol). Won't be following the mish lines, just there to hang out and have a good time. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later
39 minutes ago, TraumaTrain said:

I feel like it's time for another hiatus for me, to be honest. 

Fair enough, will miss hanging with you on the weekends, but we all need breaks from the game from time to time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1