Any way to get /ah command as a button?

MikeSol

I recently learned you can access the auction house with just a /ah command. Ok, great but I want that on my hotbar.

I tried the following -->

/macro AH "/ah"

But that just creates a button that says 'Unknown command: /ah" when I try and use it.

Can it be done?

Edited by MikeSol

• MikeSol changed the title to Any way to get /ah command as a button?
On 7/21/2021 at 11:48 AM, Psyonico said:

did you try without the slash in front of ah?

so macro AH "ah"

Yep.  Keybinds work the same way.  Leave out the /

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

AH:

/macro_image Teleportation_Wentworths "Wentworths" "ah"

AE:

/macro_image Architect_Accolade_Power "AE" "architect"

Arena:

/macro_image "GenericPower_AutoOverlay" "Arena" "arenalist"

• Thumbs Up 2

My Stuff:

fite.gif.ce19610126405e6ea9b52b4cfa50e02b.gif Fightclub PvP Discord (Melee PvP tournaments, builds, and beta testing)

Clipboard01.gif.9d6ba27a7be03b73a450be0965263fd2.gif Influence Farming Guide (General guide to farming, with maps and builds)

Problem solved: yep, don't use command slashes in, er, commands. 🙂

But I use this command instead:

F8 "ah$$toggle salvage$$toggle recipes"

...which toggles the auction house, Recipe and Salvage windows as a set. Might not work for everyone but you usually want at least one of the junk windows open at the same time, unless you only buy. (Me, I'm an orange seller.)

Open all three windows and find a nice placement. I find putting Auction to one side and stacking Recipe and Salvage next to it works. Then F8 will open and close all three, unless you're in a mission or base.

And for the macro crowd:

/macro_image DayJob_WentworthsTeleport "Auction House" "ah$$toggle salvage$$toggle recipes"

...which uses the now-essentially-defunct Wentworth transporter icon. Change up if you're still hoarding WW TP charges.

The triple toggle can occasionally get out of sync but I found it wasn't really worth having separate open and close commands. Just close any open windows and it's back in sync.

• Thumbs Up 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

1 hour ago, nyhm said:

I would really love to get an AH Rep or terminal for bases! 

Never going to happen.

When the first person in a zone opens the AH, it loads the entire auction house database.  Anyone else in the same zone accesses the same data.  So you can never have more instances than the existing zones.  If you could access the AH from a base, this would be super popular for crafting and there could be hundreds more separate instances loaded.

Getting around this would require rewriting the entire AH system.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 7/21/2021 at 11:31 AM, MikeSol said:

I recently learned you can access the auction house with just a /ah command. Ok, great but I want that on my hotbar.

I tried the following -->

/macro AH "/ah"

But that just creates a button that says 'Unknown command: /ah" when I try and use it.

Can it be done?

You may have to use its full switch name. /auctionhouse, try with or without the /. Not at my computer to confirm. 

/macro AH "auctionhouse"

Edit... clearly my phone Rickrolled me and I saw only the OP post.... duh. You got your answer. Now time for me to drown my phone. Lmao

Edited by Tax_E
Phone being silly...

@Tax E
** THE UNITED POWERS OF PARAGON **

Making macro buttons can be hard.  So to truly simplify it, here is command that will make a macro button for you that will create an Auction House macro button.  Yes it actually works.

/macro MAKE macro AH AH

disclaimer:  this post was made in good humor.

Edited by SmalltalkJava

On 8/2/2021 at 7:00 AM, Pixie_Knight said:

I might do a macro (or keybind) for "ah$$ em alakazamreact".

Request time!

Macro for the alakasam emote, activate WW teleporter, and open the /ah.

Pretty please 😍 ('cos I have no idea what the syntax for that would be.)

Edited by Lunchmoney

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.