Defense Debuff Resistance (DDR) question

SuperPlyx

I've been off playing other games for two months now. Decided to return, made a new character, decided to try red side for a change. Met Arachnos who kept me perma blinded and unable to retaliate while being slowly killed, met Shivans machine gunning defense debuffs, met Legacy machine gunning defense debuffs, fough Circle machine gunning defense debuffs. Died. A lot. Can't even escape since they also machine gun immobilizes which Burn is unable to cope.

Logged off and went to play Last Epoch some more.

o/

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

I've been off playing other games for two months now. Decided to return, made a new character, decided to try red side for a change. Met Arachnos who kept me perma blinded and unable to retaliate while being slowly killed, met Shivans machine gunning defense debuffs, met Legacy machine gunning defense debuffs, fough Circle machine gunning defense debuffs. Died. A lot. Can't even escape since they also machine gun immobilizes which Burn is unable to cope.

Logged off and went to play Last Epoch some more.

o/

Were you running at +0/x1?

🙂

No, seriously, I ask because I've become horrible about pushing diff too high on new characters and then getting frustrated with them.

5 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

🙂

No, seriously, I ask because I've become horrible about pushing diff too high on new characters and then getting frustrated with them.

Especially in the case of defdebuffs quantity might be a bigger factor than quality too.  

19 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

🙂

You're absolutely right and I'm a bit ashamed of my righteous rage quittus post above. Spoiled child tantrum syndrome 100%. Because I had the character at level 22 and was running things at +1x8... which is fine on things like Clockwork or Council, or even Freaks. But redside is indeed crawling with debuffing.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Sovera said:

You're absolutely right and I'm a bit ashamed of my righteous rage quittus post above. Spoiled child tantrum syndrome 100%. Because I had the character at level 22 and was running things at +1x8... which is fine on things like Clockwork or Council, or even Freaks. But redside is indeed crawling with debuffing.

No judgement from me. Been there multiple times already.

On 8/7/2021 at 7:57 PM, Caulderone said:

And, it is very common to see two of the Mistresses in a large spawn.  If the first one hits you, the second on is going to, too.  Welcome to -100% Base Defense.

I've always found that to be utterly, ludicrously ridiculousness.

There is nothing ridiculous about it.  The whole idea of putting something like that in the game in the first place is precisely to check strong defense.  It's supposed to make you deal with that threat in a different way than simply charging in head first and face-rolling AoEs.

There's not enough of this in the game as it is because charging in and face-rolling AoEs is pretty much how 99% of it is played.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ZemX said:

There is nothing ridiculous about it.  The whole idea of putting something like that in the game in the first place is precisely to check strong defense.  It's supposed to make you deal with that threat in a different way than simply charging in head first and face-rolling AoEs.

There's not enough of this in the game as it is because charging in and face-rolling AoEs is pretty much how 99% of it is played.

Well unless you are a character with substantial DDR.  An SR character would barely register the debuff ... it would be about 3.5% after adjusting for purple patch (50×1.44) and 95% DDR.  If they we're fortunate enough to hit mine in the first place the second might be looking at 44% defense

Now the +100% To Hit buff from DE Quartz pets that's ridiculous 😜.

But yeah ZemX is right that sort of strength in a debuff (or buff) is there exactly to make one pause and to highlight the difference between various powers and abilities.  But it's also why folks will preferentially run Council and not Arachnos, Malta or Carnival etc..