COH start date?

Techwright

Correct me if I am wrong, but COH began in 2004, did it not? ( I joined during the first winter event around January 2005)  This promotional video (earliest one?) Ends stating "summer 2002".  Anyone know the story behind the delay?

Also, neat to see the early character designer, and I am always fascinated by the potential in the gangs we never got to see.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was released (live, not the beta) on April 27th, 2004.

If I remember the history correctly, the version that was announced for 2002 was the first incarnation of the design, where you got different numbers and strengths of abilities depending on your origin. It was determined that it was too easy to gimp your character or produce a 'tank mage', so it was pulled back and rebuilt with the current archetype system.

Edited by srmalloy
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/10/2021 at 10:50 AM, Techwright said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but COH began in 2004, did it not? ( I joined during the first winter event around January 2005)  This promotional video (earliest one?) Ends stating "summer 2002".  Anyone know the story behind the delay?

Wait, what?

A video game was released later than originally announced and there needs to be a 'story' behind the delay?

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted#286

Q) There were several villain group names in the original trailer (Revelation, Twilight Men, Seraphim, Fear Factor, Killing Crew) that we never really, or ever, saw in game. Were there plans for them? Did they end up getting sidelined by other groups? How wicked awesome were they? (@bpphantom)

• [IIRC, Twilight Men became Malta, Fear Factor became the Carnies, but I could be wrong - @Samuraiko]
  • [I seem to recall Killing Crew becoming the Freakshow... Felderburg]

A) Matt Miller (Positron) Samuraiko and Felderburg are correct. There was some trademark issues with the original names and/or better names were thought up. Also some groups were concepted but cut (Revelation and Seraphim I think) long before real production started.

Topics: bts, cancelled

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!